Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

You could have fooled me ;)
    as I wrote somewhere today the ways of thinking of the almighty tptb are beyond us "mortals"...
    anyway... right now I'm curious what will become of the other half of the wedges ship... It's suspiciously silent :shifty:

2. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

I think its kinda sad that we are not going to see more about this labrat love :(

3. 1brattygirl

1brattygirl Dead on Arrival

They need 2 start dateing :)

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well that is the only explanation that I can honestly think of, for Wendy not to be around this fall. That the two are indeed dating and they chose to follow proper lab protocol. Meaning she decided to take on a different shift. Other then that?? I got nothing that can make up a logical explanation of her departure.

As for Hodges? I still have yet to hear a word about whether Wally will be back or not. And it just wouldn't seem right OR in character for the two to just up and run off together. They are to good at what they do to just give it all up, but then, if they love each other....maybe....they do deserve some happiness.

As for those unique characters?? They are long gone now. The backbone of this particular show has been lost.

I don't know. Everything is getting ridiculously insane. If you want to single in on and discuss Wally, I'll gladly join whoever over in the Wallace/Hodges thread.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Welcome to shipper central 1brattygirl

As you can see this forum is different than any other on the board. We have some slightly different rules.
    One of them is that for each post there needs to be at least three (3) lines of discussion. And in this case, about David Hodges and Wendy Simms.

And a few things as reminders,

When spoilers are released, they need to go into a spoiler tag. You all know the drill but for those who don't feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :hugegrin:

I also know that with the departure of Liz Vassey it's hard not to have much to say, but let's keep this about Hodges and Wendy...

How about your favorite moment between them?

6. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

well.. though favorite moments can change... I have to go for the moments they're just staring, watching (especially when Henry is around).. Of course it can be my vivid imagination, but in these scenes you can almost touch the spark between them....:cool:

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Sign me on for that solution. But I didn´t know Wally might to at risk to:eek:. Oh I am so going to miss the banter, the fun and the labrat episodes.IF the "new" girl is love - interest for Nick then 1. she cann´t "do" or interact with the other Labrat as her screen time is "for Nick"(Work too, I know, but her extra - time should be Nick related for the two characters to bond) 2. then she should die or change shifts anyway later on when Nick gots serious. ( I wonder whether or not this new girl is a Mandy/Nick replacement in the hope fans will accept that)

My whole reason for bringing the "new girl" in play is:

When she enters into a relationship with Nick. She will leave by shift- change or death as per tv-land rules. Especially if Vartann and Cath is canon. SO......who should they bring back????? If they keep Liz/Wendy close by, she could re -enter and ....

But then she couldn´t be dating Hodges and would the banter work one season later? Would I wait as a viewer?

8. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Well... I would.... :cool: even if the banter wouldn't work one season later, In the meantime I'm walking the positive road of believing there will be a satisfying explanation for the absence of Wendy in season 11... :)

9. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I have a question.....(I'll put it in spoilertags for I am not sure....:cool:)

with this news....
    .. is it allowed to speculate in this thread what will/could/should be the implications for the Wedges ship? should there be spoilertags?

thnx :)

10. riddick

riddick Rookie

Palmtree I don't think I need the spoiler box to tell you that I'm afraid the consequence will be very bad....God, I feel empty and stupid...4 years for having this

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm going with YES, that any discussion of the upcoming season needs to go into a spoiler box. That way those who wish to be unspoiled can remain so.

If anything changes I will let you guys know though, but for now, use the spoiler codes. Thanks. :D

12. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Back here they are rerunning season 8 csi (they quit broadcasting season 10 (due to summer etc.)) , tonight it's time for 8x08... You Kill Me.....One of my favorite wedges episodes (the staring moments) ...
    Looking forward though to the continuation of season 10....(have to see 10x18 in full screen ;))

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Sigh ...we really did get silent after Liz departure news....but I hope she leaves as Mrs. Hodges ....if not married then at least as serious girlfriend....she could then later do some nice guest apperances...

Least favorite option: she dies and returns as guest ghost in lab -rat episode 2011

14. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

hmmz... indeed it's a bit quiet...
    I do hope your statement about the civil status of Wendy is a visionary one ;)
    however if this would be the case than why

"Hodges will take his anger and heartbreak out on a fellow tech.”

this statement from mrs/ms Mendelsohn makes me fear a worse explanation.... I hope I'm wrong though....
    actually this could be a hilarious episode.... :lol:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Married? *looks at Hodges and his character* Hmm, THAT would be a surprising turn of events, but highly unlikely. I know Wendy has been the biggest contributor to a serious attitude adjustment in Hodges, but would she be able to do such a thing in such a short period of time? :lol: She's good but she ain't a miracle worker. Serious girlfriend? Now I can definitely see that more so then anything else. And I don't even want to entertain the thoughts of the characters death. I wanna live in the land of possibilities. :lol: The possibility of a future return or guest appearance.

As for what CM said about Hodges and his heartache, taking his anger out on a fellow lab tech? Well, I'll believe that when I see it. She doesn't have the greatest of track record when it comes to dishing out spoilers for an upcoming season.

I'm still rallying for the job transfer. That she decides to leave so they can try and build on their relationship. But if that were the case, the question would then be; just how far would she be going and would a long distance relationship work between them? Perhaps on Hodges end, given the characters attributes, personality etc, but what about Wendy? A nice looking girl, great personality, with the intelligence to challenge anyone who dares to.

But if only transferred to days....well that is a completely different story for them both.

Perhaps Henry rats their relationship out in the end. Forcing one (Wendy) or the other into moving. I could see Hodges being angry.After all, he did kinda look at them both kinda funny/suspiciously in their last scene in the finale. You know, when Wendy stepped closer to Hodges, and asked if Henry wanted to join "THEM" when going to visit Nick in the hospital.

PalmTree - just to be on the safe side...perhaps you should toss what CM said about Hodges in a spoiler box...seeing it pertains to what we are possibly going to see in the upcoming season. You know, just in case :)