Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

So, its that time of year, when 5 finally screens Miami for us. :)
    Same timeslot as usual- Tuesday at 9pm.
    I have to confess that I have already seen some of the episodes, including this first one, but hey I dont mind watching them again!

2. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Hey Solitaire! I was wondering if someone was going to start up this thread, and who and when... and here you are!:lol:

I confess I took a sneaky peak at episode one on tvshack (which doesn't seem to exist anymore), and I loved it!

I'm a bit anxious about the rest of the season though, as I've been reading all the stuff on the Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics' thread, and a LOT of people on there don't seem to like what's happening with the show, especially this season. Too much Eric and Calleigh "no-mance", and too many characters being too out of character... but I guess we'll just have to watch it and see.

ROLL ON TUESDAY!!!:thumbsup:

Jude

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hello Jude! Hope all is well with you?
    Tvshack has gone?! Thats very bad, I have been using that quite a bit.

I also enjoyed the first episode, even if a flashback seems like a strange idea.
    Yeah, give the season a chance- from bits Ive seen it does have some factors that are annoying, but on the whole it aint bad.

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Unfortunately I will not join you as I spend my maternity leave in my homeland, therefore I will come back to the UK in the middle of the season. Besides I have seen most of the episodes(but will watch hiphugger ones and the Jake one once again) ...

5. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

yeah for 2moro csi miami back although i have seen epi 1 but i'm going to watch again:)

6. marymagdalen

Well put it this way, whenever I try to log on, it says "This domain name has been seized by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement..." and then goes on about it being "unlawful to reproduce and distribute copyrighted material..." blah blah blah.

Guess I'll just have to find somewhere else to take my sneaky-peaks!!:lol:

Jude

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Congrats :) Take care. x

(Jude- If you find something will you let me know please?)

8. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Guys, we might want to avoid discussion of sites that might be illegally streaming videos. Thanks! :)

9. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i can't wait to see Miami tonight , i have been really good and not look at any spoilers :)

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Sorry! Will do :)

Well done! Im impressed. It does make the whole thing more enjoyable when you dont know exactly what is going to happen. I manage to stay spoiler free for Vegas and NY, but I cant help myself with Miami.

11. tootes

tootes Rookie

Hey everyone.. haven't been around here for awhile because i was drowning in coursework, but school's finnished for the summer so i thought i'd come and see if there was a miami thread this season :)

Didn't love the first epi as much as i thought i would, but all csi is good csi <3 ;) & i think it was mainly down to loving the sciencey parts that weren't really in this one. But, i've avoided almost all spoilers, so can't wait to see what happens.

& i'm pretty certain its not illegal (but if it is i'm sorry) i allways use Side Reel to watch programmes online. The links to MegaVideo normally work best.

Anyhoo' roll on next week :D

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hi Katie! Glad to have you around again.
    I made the mistake of telling my flatmate that I had seen the first epi before. So she then proceeded to talk throughout. I will just have to lie next time that happens.
    The epi was a little strange. And I cant say I liked the 2 seconds of Ryan, but I did still enjoy it. I didnt get why they had Natalia in a flashback, and didnt have her talk. Seemed rather pointless. Liked the mention of Speed, but it was a shame they couldnt have gone with their original idea of having Speed back in 1997. (Rory Cochrane refused, after the way they had treated him and his character in the past)
    I dont think tptb suceeded in making the actors look younger, but I suppose they tried!

I was impressed with how they introduced Jesse to the show. The fact that he was connected to Horatio and had a history with the place.

It was a different kind of episode, a little slow in parts, and a bit melodramatic with the Eric in peril stuff, but not a bad series opener.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  13. 1brattygirl

1brattygirl Dead on Arrival

14. tootes

tootes Rookie

Thank you Solitaire ! Glad to be back :)

Forgot to say before.. who else thought that Horatio actually looked older throughout most of the epi ? I think it was the lack of sun glasses !!
    I have to admit, i love the idea of Eric finding them for him.. massive 'awww' moment !! <3

15. marymagdalen

I quite liked the opening epi, even second time around (I've made enough threats that my family know better than to talk when Miami's on, Solitaire! Still - lying's a good plan too!)

I think the only character that looked any different was Horatio, but I can't decide whether he looked older, younger, or just different without the sunglasses. I have to say I found Calleigh a bit irritating though - she came across as a bit of an airhead - not quite giggly-girly, but getting there!

Not having sneakypeaked any more epis, I'm interested to know why Jesse was leaving in the first place, and why he's around again later in the season.