A Decade of Seasons: Which is Your Favorite?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elwood21, Jun 16, 2010.

?

10 yrs & Looking Back: Favorite Season of CSI (multiple choice)

1. Season 1

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Season 2

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Season 3

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Season 4

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. Season 5

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. Season 6

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  7. Season 7

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Season 8

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Season 9

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  10. Season 10

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  11. More than One Favorite, check these out

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  12. No Favorite, they're all the same to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Certain Great Eps, No Great Seasons

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  14. ...people have sat thru all ten years?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Season 5 sure has a lot of hits. I personally love certain epis in season but find it hard to love an entire season. Rashomama is one of all time favorite epis but I wasn't in love with the season as a whole. I couldn't get enough of epis like 4x4, Mea Culpa, and Nesting Dolls but season 5 just felt so disjointed with everyone in different shifts.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think I would still be a fan if I'd started watching in the beginning. :) I remember seeing the commercials...the thing with the shoelaces tied the wrong way...and thinking, "Oh, that's cool!" For whatever reason tho, I didn't watch.

My first episode that I watched was "Weeping Willows" with my brother because he liked the show, but I still didn't really "get it". My first one on Spike was "Down the Drain", and yeah...I got it. ;) I remember loving Grissom saying, "He's lost all his points" or something like that. Then I watched the one after that, and the next, and the next, then borrowed all the DVDs to catch up, then said the hell with it and BOUGHT all the DVDs. :lol:

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I put season 7 as my all time favorite because I thought it was the best produced and structured season, a good mix of dark drama and dark comedy; and the way they threaded the Grissom/Sara storyline throughout was unique and creative.

But season 5 is a close second; it just seemed like a breath of fresh air after season 4, which was so dark and depressing. Viva Las Vegas is still one of the best premiere episodes, IMO. Also, I loved seeing Greg and Sara forming a great friendship (Iced is still one of my all time favorites).
    My only problem with 5 is the way they introduced Sofia. :rolleyes:
    Other than that (and Snakes), it was a great season, and had arguably the best opening and closing episodes of all the seasons.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I forgot to mention 4x4 is another reason I loved season five.

I was a pretty casual viewer because my daughter was four months old when CSI started (and which is why I never forget which season CSI is in:). I watched it if I wasn't too tired from looking after a baby all day. Then when I became single parent, it became my life saver after spending the day in parent groups (listening to parents talk about their kids and nothing else)and watching toddler programs. I would turn on the TV and say, "Oh thank God I'm watching adults talking to one another and don't have to deal with a purple dinosaur or some guy talking to a blue animated dog.":guffaw: I had moved to a new community and didn't really know anyone yet, so CSI was a saving grace for me.

My least favourite season was 7 because of GSR. I really felt it distracted away from character development for Nick and Warrick. It had some good episodes such as Redrum and Happenstance (with Nick singing to Mandy), but other than that, it kind of tanked. The serial killer was nothing but an excuse for more GSR and well, it just stank for me.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'd say Season 5 and this last season, 10 have been my faves so far. I think Season 5 had a lot of good episodes and the actual break in the team made for a more interesting story overall. Of course I loved seeing Greg finally become a CSI and that is a reason I also loved that season.

As for this past season, overall it a better team experience, even if it was at times a bit too much Ray for me. I overall enjoyed the season.

6. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I understand. I started with Snakes from season five and yes, I was hooked soon after. Nothing tops staying up all night watching Spike reruns of CSI when you're still a CSI virgin. Everything about CSI just seemed new and fresh when I first started.:lol:

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I know! That was the best, having all of the episode be brand new to me. :) I'm experiencing that now with Criminal Minds. :)

8. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

Seasons 1, 3, and 4 are my favorites, though I have favorite episodes from each season.

Season 1 is my alltime favorite, there are just so many great episodes and moments, you can't go wrong. Seasons 3 and 4 have some of the best episodes, but aren't as great all around as Season 1. They're still up there though. :)

The weakest season, in my opinion, was Season 8. I don't even remember that many episodes, except the ones that involved Warrick's problems (which bothered me in the first place). Season 7 wasn't that great either.

As for favorite episodes: I-15 Murders, The Strip Strangler, Chaos Theory, Redrum, Grissom vs. the Volcano, Stalker, Happenstance, Fannysmackin', Inside the Box, Grave Danger.