A Decade of Seasons: Which is Your Favorite?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elwood21, Jun 16, 2010.

?

10 yrs & Looking Back: Favorite Season of CSI (multiple choice)

1. Season 1

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Season 2

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Season 3

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Season 4

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. Season 5

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. Season 6

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  7. Season 7

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Season 8

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Season 9

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  10. Season 10

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  11. More than One Favorite, check these out

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  12. No Favorite, they're all the same to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Certain Great Eps, No Great Seasons

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  14. ...people have sat thru all ten years?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Right. So. Here 'goes.

(Never started a thread in my years here. This is a first :p. Suppose it's only fitting it goes to the mothership. Going all out, Imma gonna attempt to add a poll on top too, if I can decipher how :lol:).

In a remarkable achievement, CSI has been on air for ten seasons. Many ups and many downs. It's a show I discovered well into its run. For awhile I was a regular viewer, a latecomer with the luxury of having a wealth of material to dive into. At some point, and I couldna tell ya when, I became a more casual and intermittent viewer at best. Now, it's a show I have found myself more curious about again. And once more, I find I have much to catch up on.

So my question to all those who know the show far better than I: what is your favorite season, and why?

Which seasons exemplify a great body of work? Which seasons struggled? Which episodes within any season struck a particular chord?

(Perihperally Related: which articles, interviews, appearances, satires, spoofs, dvd bonus materials, have heightened your enjoyment of, added insight to, or altered your opinion of the show over the years?)

Essentially, I suppose I'm encouraging a near-free-for-all discussion on The Best and Rest of the past ten years, with the aim being to answer: Where would you recommend someone jump into the series? What are things one just has to check out?

(Posted with apologies if this type of discussion has been done to death and there's already another thread addressing it).

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

My favorite has to be season 7,because it included my favorite serial killer in CSI(the miniature killer).This is also the season that introduced Michael Keppler to CSI fans.

My favorite episode from the season has to be Monster In the Box.We also had an amazing season finale as well as the first ever lab rats episode.

3. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I have more than one favorite. I really like season 3, 4 and 5. I think they have the best episodes. At least most of my favorites are in those seasons. Like "The Accused is Entitled", "Jackpot", "Grave Danger" and "4 X 4". But I also loved season 10. I really liked Catherine as supervisor and Nick as her left hand. And the fact that people like Hodges, Super Dave, Henry and Wendy got more screentime. "Appendicitement" and "Panty Sniffers" really stood out in that season.
    There really isn't a bad season, allthough my least favorite is season 7.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  4. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Season Three and Five for me!

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Season 7 is my all time favorite.
    But seasons 1 & 2 are a 'must see' for everyone, when the characters were fresh.
    With season 4, there began more evolution of the characters. I look at this as the half-way point for the original CSI and its characters. I guess that's why I have a problem with CSI after season 9.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Season Five was my favourite season. There were some awesome episodes such as Grave Danger and Snakes. I also liked Season Two for Stalker.

Season 10 had some good ones as well.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

For me it's almost a tie between season 1 and 10 but since season 1 had Grissom so it's my favorite season. :thumbsup: It's so old school and I really like it. CSI is still great without Grissom but his presence is just irreplaceable and incomparable. He's never been my favorite character but I like him. My favorite character is Catherine. She's a kick ass, tough and smart.

Season 10, 9 and 1.

Season 8. I just didn't care in most of the episodes.

'For Warrick' and 'One To Go'

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I love them all, I'm after all a hugh CSI fan, but if I had to choose I'd pick S/4-5-7 and 10. Some of the older ones are classic. The team was amazing. But we've now got a sensational 'top of the line" actor in Laurence Fishburne. His character is not comparable to anyone. And they [the writers] so knew what to do after Grissom left thank you writers. He's [RL] is his own person. S/10 was triumphant, with his character Dr Langston. The stories were all cream of the crop. I hope the continue these great story lines. CSI rocks forever[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  9. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Season 6 for me. It has the most episodes that I consider my favorite. And it was the last one before things got weird with season 7.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  10. electra

electra Pathologist

My favorites are season 1,2,5.But I like all seasons with the exception of season 9.IMO the writers did not know what to do when Grissom left.

And my favorite episodes are "For Warrick","One to go" and "Grave Danger".I felt for the team like I would do for family.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I really enjoyed the first let's say 6 seasons.
    I started watching in 2005 (mid way through season 5)
    I caught up with earlier seasons on SPIKE.

The first seasons were to initially establish character development. The death of Holly Gibbs, Catherine's divorce, Greg in the lab, the inclusion of Sara, etc.. all to establish the characters.

The next few seasons; 3-6 took the foundation of those characters and certain episodes were based on the character.

IE, Weeping Willows, One Hit Wonder, Grave Danger, Grissom vs the Volcano, What's Eating Gilbert Grissom, etc...

I would say THOSE are my favorite seasons. To pin down a certain one, would be hard for me.

Seasons 7 and 8 were not as great. They delved into the GS relationship (not my thing), the miniature killer storyline. It was not as good as it could have been, and the writers strike in season 8. One or two episodes really stand out for me in those two seasons.

The Keppler storyline in season 8 and Warrick's decline in the latter part of season 8.

Season 9 recaptured some of the old CSI spark. It is up there with my favorite. I'm not quite ready to say SEASON 9 was my favorite but it's close.

Season 10 well it had it's good episodes; Lost and Found, Worlds End, Meat Jekyll, Death and the Maiden, even The Panty Sniffer (for certain reasons ;)) but it's not my favorite season.

Okay, if I were to pick one, right now, I'd say season 9 but the first 6 seasons were really really good.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This is interesting that Season 5 is leading the poll. :) How quickly they forget (and forgive!)! :lol: I mean, that was the season everyone blew a gasket because they split the team up. It did have some great episodes tho, and I have to admit a fondness for it because I like seeing Catherine, Nick, and Warrick work cases together. :)

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It kind of amazes me too. It's not that I disagree with their choice but I found season 5 to be on the least favorite side because of the split up and everything associated with it. But there were some great episodes in there.

It made me curious why season 1 (my favorite) only has two votes. Anyone here who dislike season 1 or a part of it? Can you tell me why? I really want to know. :)

Season 8 not getting votes yet isn't a surprise to me. Most of the episodes there were hard to watch. Season 9 with zero isn't surprising too. Maybe if the season ended with 'One To Go', it might get some votes! I couldn't vote for it because the second half was strange for me.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Season 1 isn't one of my favorites because the cases didn't have the twists and turns that episodes from later seasons have.

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Season 5 has always been my favorite. It was also, except for seeing Stalker in reruns, my first full season. Favorite episodes - Grave Danger, Snakes, Mea Culpa, and Nick's case in 4x4. I don't think I was bothered much by the team split because I was just catching up on the first 4 seasons while season 5 was airing. I hadn't been through 4 seasons of them being 1 team yet!

Least favorite I would say are seasons 7, 6 & 1. If I had started from the beginning I don't think I would be the fan of CSI that I am today. :lol:

Susan