What Do You Think About Eddie Cibrian's Departure? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by baybeehannah, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Good decision. Jesse was boring and unnecessary. I am kind of peeved now because a whole season was wasted on this going-no-where storyline, while our favorite actors had to take a backseat. Regarding the spoilers, the article retracted the original spoiler and said that the decision has not been made how he will leave the show. But you know that the season finale set it up perfectly for that, so they are probably saying that to keep a little suspense. I don't buy the importance of the 3 Musketeers aspect. Humor can work its way in at any time with any actor. Let's hope the writers are doing some soul searching this summer so this show can be saved.

2. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i actually liked jesse, i was kind of hoping they would get rid of walter.

3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

well.....I feel sooooo bad for him....he got the raw end of the stick........I know if Miami ever came calling again I'm afraid I'd tell em where to stick it.....hope we don't have to start putting up with H's stupid one-liners & Eric getting away with stuff cause he's "family".......

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I think it is a shame he is going. He never really got a chance.
    When he first came on, I thought they introduced him really well. Unfortunately he was on far too much for a while after that, and coinciding with Ryan's change in character and limited screentime I started to dislike him. Then of course there was the dead wife storyline, which I dont think was written very well. I had seen EC in Criminal Minds, so I know he is a good actor, but TPTB didnt give him the right material. It just seemed flat and boring. Then with the return of Eric in the latter part of the season, Jesse seemed to disappear entirely. If handled properly they could have done a lot with Jesse, and his backstory, and I think there was an opportunity in the next season to try and get the balance right, and learn a little bit more about him.
    Its a shame that one of the cast has to go because of Adam's turn-around. I feel sorry for Eddie, and I hope that he gets a good storyline for his exit and isnt just killed off right at the beginning, with no opportunity to show what he can do.

5. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

True!!:thumbsup:

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I can't say I'm surprised.

Actually, I take that back. I'm not surprised that someone had to go. I am surprised (somewhat) that it's Cibrian. I mean, given the depth of detail TPTB were seemingly hoping to go into with his character, and the sort of in-your-face way he was brought onto the show (I admit, I liked his character a lot in the beginning, but I guess it just got old for me before the writers turned it around later in the season.), and all the hype that surrounded this before the season even started. It was kind of a big deal, which is why I'm kind of surprised.

Honestly, I kind of thought they'd try anything in order to keep Cibrian - I mean, they did seem invested, and he isn't a nobody (in both good and bad ways...), so it did get people curious and talking about it/him/the show. I thought he was safe, no question, after reading the O'Brien/Dube(?) interview.

All that aside, if I didn't know anything about plans for the characters in the future (not that those plans really mean anything right now, lol), I would've expected Walter to be the first to go. Nothing against him at all, he just seems kind of...there. He's just never really seemed like a main character to me.

I feel bad for Eddie, though. Sucks to be into something and really be excited for the way it's going, and then have it ripped out from under you (then again, I'm not sure we know all the details, so who knows.)

7. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

I thought the same

8. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I was watching some clips of season 8 last night, and I came across one from Meltdown, and I realized, the ending scene where the entire team is together, you know, when Ryan and Walter go into the locker room and Nat invites them out for drinks...(?) Well, where was Jesse? I didn't see him. Did they say he was elsewhere, cause I don't remember if they did....???

Seems kind of weird, now that I think about it. Then again, that's probably just me looking into something deeper than it's meant to be looked into.

Again, maybe it was stated he was elsewhere, but I do not remember.

9. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

you're right i just realized that 2

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I was pretty shocked and a little surprised when I heard. From everything I read, he was pretty safe. I have to admit I was pretty relieved that it wasn't Ryan.

I can't add anything more. I enjoyed his friendship with Ryan and how he didn't go into the relationship with preconceived notions (like someone else did and hasn't really gotten over). He was a breath of fresh air and I will miss him for both of these reason.

My gut says that unless it is completely for financial reasons that this is it for the cutting. I would think that they would have announced all the changes, AKA Criminal Minds, at the same time. IMO, it was more of a questions of numbers than anything else and unfortunately Eddie probably got caught up in this.

Unfortunately, in the minds of tptb, I think that is going to turn out to be true.

Like greatfan, I'll believe it when I see it. I would like to believe that with Ryan's, Natalia's and Frank's length of time on the show they would qualify for "core cast" status, but I am afraid this isn't going to be true. I can see the writers taking the path of least resistance and still concentrating on the same two characters and the same old storyline.

With a new night, it might be the only way to keep the show from getting cancelled. I like your positive outlook BBS; I hope your posting is what really happens.

11. SinisterCSI

SinisterCSI Victim

I think I said it before on one of my other posts, there is only room for ONE HOT LATIN CSI and that's Eric! (Adam) Lol. I didn't really like Jesse too much, I thought his character was a little too trying? I dunno if that's the word? Lol, I'm not sure I just didn't think he fit well with the rest of the cast. He was sorta of boring to me.

I just hope this season they focus more on our ORG's. Horatio, Calleigh, Eric, Ryan and Tripp and even Natalia even though the last three mentioned aren't really ORG, they are. If that makes sense? Haha, they are all characters we care about more then anyone else they have on there. ;)

&& I hope they don't screw up the EC thing we fans have going on. Hopefully they keep and keep it good but don't over due it, which I don't think they will.

All in all I can't wait for Season 9, I think it will be great. The Sunday time slot isn't so bad either we just get Miami a day early now!

As for Eddie, I do wish him the best of luck with his acting. Just because I didn't like him on CSI Miami doesn't mean I don't think he has talent. He just wasn't right for this show, but hopefully he gets something good so he can continue with his career.

xo.

12. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

I'm not surprised by this news, though I am saddened. When I heard that Adam Rodriguez was coming back, I immediately thought this would happen (well, it was either gonna be him or Walter...). I'm probably one of the few people who does not really like Eric (nothing against Adam at all :)).

I like the character of Jesse, and really wish we got to see more development. But when Eric started to become a recurring-ish character again, that pretty much was the end for Jesse.

I wish Eddie Cibrian the best in whatever he decides to do next. He is a wonderful actor, not to mention, just a little, well, a lot cute. :drool:;)

13. lovehiphugger

lovehiphugger Victim

:) I AGREE WIHT YOU ON THIS ONE CUZ THEY WASTE THE HOLE SEASON ON HIM AND THE STORYLINE WAS SORRY TO ME THEY NEW THAT STORYLINE WAS NOT GOING NO WERE AT THE END OF SEASON 8 THATS WHY THEY DID'T WHAT HIM BACK BUT IAM GLAD HE IS GONE NOW WE CAN GET BACK TO OUR FAVORITE ACTORS AND SEE WHAT THEY GOT PLANED FOR SEASON 9 ;)

14. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Actually, even though he didn't make the opening credits until later, Frank has been there on and off since pretty close to the beginning. And Ryan and Natalia have been long enough to be considered part of the core cast. There should be enough screentime for all if the writing is tight and one story arc isn't over done.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Personally, I knew it was coming the minute it was announced that Adam/Eric was returning full time. They don't feel there is enough room for two hot Latin men on the show I guess. Me, I say the more the merrier, but that's just me. LOL! Seriously though, I'd much rather they put Jesse on recurring status as another detective (so they can do the two case per ep formula again) like he was originally going to be (until Adam announced he was leaving the show) rather than getting rid of him altogether.