The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #22

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I can see that. I guess it's just been so long since I've watched some of the early episodes that I want to believe they've been together forever. They do look like babies. But such sweet babies. lol

I've read some of your other fics and am enjoying them all. I can only take so much angst at a time though. It makes me a little depressed. I guess that's why I write more fluff. I've just got to see the boys happy. ;)

2. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

I seriously don't know why I love angst so much, always have, maybe because the first fanfic I ever read was X-Files, and that is serisouly angst, but then I discovered Nick and Greg.... How long have you been reading, and please tell me you've read "One Good Man" by Geekwriter... way way back when, I was known as "The Librarian" around here, because I had just about every Nick/Greg fic cataloged..... if you ever need any rec's, just ask.... and loved the last part!

3. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Thanks Kelly. Yes I've read it. I'm up to the U's for authors on LJ. I enjoyed it. There was angst there, but it was tempered with some really positive emotions. That kind of angst I can enjoy without reservations. I have more of a hard time with character death and/or abuse, one of the boys wanting something the other doesn't, or their losing a family member or friend due to their relationship. I guess this closet romantic likes a happy ending.;)

I dabbled in fanfic since last summer, but only got into the csi stuff about six months ago. It's kind of addicting, huh?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys,

This is just a reminder that this thread is for discussion of Nick/Greg only. This is not a thread to chit chat (There are IM services for that) or to talk about fanfics or anything off-topic, though you can have brief mentions of real life.

So, let's get back to discussion of Nick/Greg.

Thanks.

5. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Well, here's a question for everyone.

What kind of date would you see Nick and Greg going on?

Personally, I like the idea of a bowling date :D It's so obvious how much fun they have together, and how they make each other laugh. Not only do they work so well together (i.e Internal Combustion, moving in tandem without even speaking) but they play well together too.

This week I'm going to make a point of watching a Love episode. I watched Felonius Monk recently, anyone else want to watch another one? Cats in the Cradle maybe? Abra Cadavar?

I must say I'm really enjoying watching the early seasons again!

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think a bowling date would be nice for them. I could see them challenging each other for fun and then the winner getting a nice "prize" at the end of the date. :lol:

I could also see them doing the go-kart track thing again. I just see them as having some fun dates. I could also see Greg talking Nick into going to some show of some, probably some old time comedians or something like that.

I think I have watched all those eps recently due to the Gregisode marathon we are having. Once I pop in a Disk, I end up watching all the eps on that disk. :lol:

7. egeria

Oh yeah, go-karting would be great!! I wonder if Nick would introduce Greg to paragliding? Greg surfs, seems pretty active so he'd probably go for it.

I wonder if they'd be into watching sports together? Going to a game or watching it on tv while relaxing at home? Nick might, but would Greg be?

I've been watching the episodes too, and the chemistry between them never gets old, never gets boring. From Season One right up to Season 10 there's been that spark between them. I love that :adore:

8. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Honestly, it's even hard for me to picture them going out "on a date" at this stage....maybe going out and having some fun... now in the early days, maybe seasons 4 especially (because Greg was getting serious and too busy in season 5) then again in season 6 when things settled down and to help Nick get out and live a little again....

The go kart thing definitley, they are guys and most grown boys like to act like some boys at some point.... now in the early days, I truly see Greg as the free spirit let it all hang out, dragging Nick out to a club or a bar to let it loose, Greg wearing the leather pants, tight tee, Doc Martins, punked out hair, a little eye liner for effort, and just to drive Nick a little wild while dancing and teasing...., we was still in his 20s then, but now with them a little older, definitley out with the gang bowling, and Greg will definitley be dragging Nick to see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" when it comes out... but also opting for the quiet night in, because believe me as you get older, those are nice as well....

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching from the beginning again, I've also realized I miss Sara's spunk and just plain miss Warrick though.....Tomorrow is "Evaluation Day" when Greg finds the peanuts and even Gris tells Nick how good Greg did and Nick sticks up for him.... Then we start in on the lovely season two which it the heavy flirting season.... "Burked" is also on tomorrow, and I would have loved to have heard to conversation between Nick and Greg about the hemmoroid cream for acne....

9. egeria

That's funny, my parents are married over 40 years and still go out on dates :D I think Nick and Greg will go on dates until they are wrinkled and old :adore:

I'm watching Season Four lately, isn't that the season where Nick and Sara were going after the promotion that didn't pan out? And Nick tells Sara they got some lab equipment instead and he says 'at least Greg will be happy with that'. I always loved that scene.

Dizzney, I have the same 'problem'...I put in a disk to watch an episode and voila, before I know it I've watched all of them!! Especially in the early seasons. Not so much Season 8 or 9. Although it's so hard to say which Season was the best Love Season. Each one has it's own merits :D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  10. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Hey guys, many wonderful "Love" episodes are going to be on over the next few days on Spike.... today is "Felonius Monk" and "Chasing the Bus"... and tomorrow is a real winner...." Stalker, Cat's in the Cradle, Anatomy of a Lye, and Hunger Artist...." then the beginning of next week, "The Accuse is Entitled, Abra Cadaver, and A Little Murder".... some of the best moments ever....

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Ah yes the 'wait until I get you home to teach you a lesson moment' :adore: the grip that Nick has on Greg's shoulder is a clear indication that Greg belongs to Nick. Ok who are we kidding here :lol: Nick belongs to Greg as much as Greg belongs to Nick. They are like two peas in a pod :) Since I probably won't be near a TV to watch this 'Loveisode' I'll pop in the dvd to catch it later on this morning.

12. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Well, CSI is back on here in Australia, and I have been most satisfied by the moments of The Love that we've been getting. Tonight's episode was "Better Off Dead", and I was intrigued by the way Greg said "Are girls really into this stuff?" I might be reading too much into it, but it almost sounded like he wasn't into that sort of thing. He referenced his old girlfriends, but it almost sounded to me like he was off the market. ;)

We're also having Season Six repeats. I kinda wish it was the earlier seasons, because Season Six, Seven and Eight really didn't give us much. We had a couple of moments, but I remember being so disappointed by them.

On a side note, I now have the ability to rip DVDs, so there may be some more vids from me on the horizon. No promises though. I can tell you they're actually up-to-date in regards to the DVD releases - Season Nine is out here now.

13. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

This thread was about to fall off the bottom of the page! The silence is distressing, people. Does this mean that we don't get any major moments of The Love toward the end of the season? We just had "Unshockable" here in Australia, so I'm curious about what there is for me to look forward too.

Even better, how about a Season 10 recap! What were the best moments of The Love this season.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Apendicament was on last week, the best episode of the season IMO. Lots of great Nick/Greg moments. Such a funny and all around great episode, so much fun and Greg was so funny. Lots of interaction between our guys.

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I was in the mood for a change in my wall paper today. I like to keep it Nick and Greg as they do make such a handsome couple :)

[​IMG]

I was using the above one but I decide to change it to

[​IMG]

I love how in both of them Nick is clearly watching Greg. Nick doesn't want to miss anything his boyfriend says or does. In the second one you can just see the love pouring out of Nick's eyes. A man truly in love.