The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #22

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

You so right about how they seem to write themselves. When I sit down with a thought in my mind, it often ends up veering off in another direction. Other times I have no idea what to type, and I just start off with one of their names and 'bam', I end up with 2000 words. Often their conversation just comes so fast I type like a demon and then go back afterwards and add everything else. I guess that comes from spending ten years with their characters. LOL

I know what you mean about feeling funny about our occupations and our writing. I have a niece who does fanfic too, and I can't bring myself to tell her I even write. heehee

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Hope it's ok if I comment on your conversation shacky and waiting4summer!
    I'm just wanted to add, I'm a little more open about my writing to certain people. I have friends who read my slash and one girl at work who is reading my Follow the Evidence fic. But other times I'm like 'hmm if only you knew I write slash'. :lol:

Sometimes, when I'm not busy at work, I'll get some writing done, but I've got to be reaaaally careful what I leave lying around my desk!! :lol: Something about the Love though, inspiration strikes at any moment! The chemistry between Nick and Greg really draws you in and I agree, it almost writes itself!

Speaking of which, I watched Felonius Monk today. I had to watch the eye-sex scene numerous times though, just for the pure thrill of it! I also watched Cat's in the Cradle, and I noticed that Nick totally shadows Greg with his body. He invades his personal space big time, and Greg certainly doesn't seem to mind! I love that.

3. waiting4summer

egeria.

I'm glad you jumped in to the talk. When no one posted last night I thought I'd 'broke' the thread. LOL

It may be that I'm reticent to talk about it because I've only been writing and posting for a little under three months. Maybe once I'm an 'old hand' at it, then I'll be more open about my work. So far, Nick and Greg are my inspiration and the focus of my writing.

Nice job on the banner!

Also, sorry about the double post a ways back. The more I read on the site, the more I learn. lol

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

CBS re-aired Family Affair last night, I watched it. I wanted to comment on how much I adore Nick and Greg working together and last night they actually had a little fight. Greg was upset about leaving the scene to go to some fleebag motel and Nick said he knew better than to whine about it, when he heard Greg complain to Catherine. Greg's comeback line "Who asked you" was his frustration showing through. But by the end of the episode they had made up and were bonding over spiders!!

I haven't written any fanfic in a long time - I think I lost my mojo

5. waiting4summer

Loved the spider scene! The boys sure shared some great looks and smiles upon finding that hairy thing. lol

My favorite scenes are when the two boys are together, preferably flirting. ;0)

BTW- has anyone noticed the insurance commercial on television, that has a man talking who sounds just like Eric/Greg. Every time it comes on I look up expecting to see him.

6. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I do love how they were able to 'make up' by the end of the episode. I think Nick understood that Greg wasn't angry with him but at the situation, and I think Greg realised that he and Nick simply operate in a different way.

The thing I have always loved about the Love is the long looks they are always exchanging. How they can communicate with their eyes and say so much without talking. :adore:

w4s, keep writing! As inspiration goes I don't think it gets any better than Nick and Greg! As for the insurance commercial, I live in Ireland so I doubt I've seen it :lol:!

ETA: Wojo, I hope you get your mojo back soon! You've got some great ideas!!

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It's funny because I have sometimes found I write my best stuff at work but lately we have been too busy so I have not had downtime to write. But I also am very careful as to what I leave on my desk. Usually when I step away from my desk for break or something, I put my notebook in my drawer so no one is really curious to look at what I was writing. :lol: Some know I write fanfics but I have never said what type I like to write, even though I have wrote non-slash fic too. But lately I find that I really want to write another Nick/Greg fic but I really have to finish this one I started ages ago that was non-slash.

As for Felonius Monk, I watched that last night. That scene in Grissom's office and smug/satisfied look on Greg's face to Nick is so classic. It's almost like they had a bet going on behind the scenes and Greg won that bet. :lol:

And even though I cannot stand spiders, that end scene in Family Affair between the boys was cute. It was like they said their peace and were happy again.

8. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Of course, the more the merrier, especially when discussing The Love and writing...

As am watching season 9 again on Spike this week (now that I can since we're done for the summer) I'm noticing several post ep fics are popping in my head, nothing major or long, but things that haven't popped in my head in awhile, it's nice, I've missed writing. Like watching "The Grave Shift" the other day, yesterday I guess, I had this idea how Greg would thank Nick for sharing his office with he and Riley, after she left of course... at work, I have a couple friends that watch the show, one that knows I write.... but I haven't really shared yet

9. waiting4summer

Okay, there is nothing on television and no one around here. :0(

I'm off to break the cellophane on my season one set and grab a cold beverage.

Hope everyone is off having a lovely time on this long holiday weekend!

10. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Well I'm watching Nascar, and I just started reading your fic "School Daze", it was rec'd to me the other day, so after I finished what I was reading, I put it all in one file, (I'm anal that way), and I just started Chap 2... I was looking for a good long fic that and yours was rec'd, didn't even realize it was your until yesterday.... very good so far, although I'm known for my love of angst, in massive quantities, I love a light hearted fic sometimes, reading fun and flirty fics stuff....

11. waiting4summer

Hey Shacky,

Just got my 'beverage' and was sitting down to put a cd in, but thought I'd give it one more try. lol

There is a little 'tension' somewhere in the teens. It might give you something to look forward to. ;0)

12. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Tension is always good because then you get hot make-up sex.... I'm hoping to get a lot read, kiddies went to grandma's tonight for the next three nights, and now that school's done, have plenty of time to sit back and read....

13. waiting4summer

Lucky you. I still have a week of classes. I'm hoping next weekend to really kick back and relax.

This summer I'm hoping to get through all 9 seasons of CSI. I figure I can do it if I get about one season a week done. I'll probably need new glasses and be as white as a ghost before I'm done. ;0)

Having a hard time typing over here. Kitten keeps running across my keyboard. Too bad I can't send her to grandma's. LOL

14. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

I actually been thinking about doing that too.. just to see what I've missed.... it's been so long since I've seen some episodes... On Spike Tuesday, they are starting over with the Pilot and going from there.... and we also start back early, me and my kids start back Aug 9th..... but I work as a preschool teacher.... I'm also hoping to get a little work done on the site this summer, with getting the pics and videos back up and running in the new format....

15. waiting4summer

I start back on August 16th.

I saw the Spike schedule, but won't be able to watch it there. Darn work, anyway!

I can't wait to see it from the beginning and seeing it through new eyes. I'm hoping that it'll give me inspiration for writing. Most of my ideas for new stories come on weekend mornings when I can lie in bed a little longer and let my mind drift. I'm thinking that this summer when I don't have to get up for work, I'll be more creative.