The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i've recently discovered something weird. my boy cat is probably the friendliest cat i've ever known, but for some reason if you try to take his picture he goes all shy. my girl cat is usually shy, reserved and generally lonerish, but i've realised that if you put her by a camera, she goes nuts for it! so here are a couple of pics from the last few days of milie, who suddenly seems to think she's a celebrity or something ;)

clicky:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Aww Ducky, your cats are so cute!

lisa, my cat is the opposite, he usually loooves the camera!

I realised I haven't posted any pictures of my cat Etcetera here! I usually upload them to my Facebook album :D I adopted him from the ISPCA in November. He's deaf so he's an indoor cat, but honestly I think we both forget he can't hear!!

Here are some of my favourite pictures of him.

He sleeps in the cutest poses
    Sleeping on my bed
    How can this be comfortable?! (This is the futon, it's not even comfortable for humans!)
    He is such a poser!
    And so inquisitive :) (The pizza box is there for a reason, he likes to sit on it and watch me in the kitchen :lol:)
    He's used to me getting the camera out!

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

egeria, the first one reminds me of the mascot of the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad, Chessie:

[​IMG]

5. egeria

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

So beautiful egeria!! Did you know that white cats with blue eyes are always deaf? Saw that on Animal planet. My cat was the opposite -he was black. I miss him, he died a few yrs ago and I have not gotten another one yet.

here is his picture his name was Eightball because he was black with a white spot on his chest.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  7. egeria

Aww Wojo, he must have been such a great cat. He looks so playful and loveable! I'm so sorry he's gone. He's lovely.

When I learned that white cats with blue eyes were genetically born deaf I was like..huh? Why? But it honestly doesn't matter. I still talk to Etcetera, and he meows back and it's like he's not deaf at all. :lol:

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Thanks, he was lovable but on his terms, he wasn't what I would call a lap cat. I had him for 17 yrs.

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

there is a dog where i scuba dive and he is deaf, but i still talk to him all the time! he is probably deaf due to being piebald

free facial from captain jack with every dive! :lol:

please excuse the horrid picture of myself, it was the only one i had on my computer with jack :p he is from grenada and they call the local dogs pothounds. many of them of very sweet and i would love to adopt one, but it is such a hassle getting them back to north america on the planes :(

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I love his blue eyes. They are so stunning.

We had a white cat with green eyes. His name was Thomas. Unfortunately for us Thomas had a stroke almost 2 years ago. We made the wise decision to put him to sleep. I still miss the monster :(

11. egeria

He's adorable! What a tongue :p! And you look fine! You look really happy :D

Wow, Thomas had such a handsome face. What a hard decision to have to make! I can't imagine ever having to go through that :(

Wojo, Etcetera is quite clingy but not cuddly. He likes to sit beside me with a paw on my leg, but he rarely sits on my lap. Unless I'm at the computer in which case he jumps up and tries to knock everything off my desk. He's managed to break my external hard dive and THREE mice!! :rolleyes:

Here's another cute way he sleeps

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh Animal Planet! I just learnt yesterday that cats with turtlepattern (black-white-reddish) are usually female and those rare males are always sterile :eek:

(I watch Houston Animal Cops and the similar Philly one :p )

egeria - such a pretty cat you have there!

13. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Love the kitties! They are gorgeous. Cats are to awesome. I have had tutlepattern (AKA: Tortieshell) kitties for years. ;) (I do cat rescues A LOT). I've yet to see a male one, or a calico for that matter. It is VERY rare and you are correct, they say males would always be sterile!!!

I have came to share pics of my spoiled baby, a year old Doberman named Storm. She's a real mess, but I love her! So protective yet so gentle, she's yet to meet a stranger, but when someone poses a threat, she's all on guard!

Here are a few pictures of her...

Spoiled indeed!
    She LOVES car rides!!
    On Guard. Notice the warning sign... LOL!
    She LOVES cats too
    Puppy days!
    Aww! Where did my puppy go?
    She grew up so fast... and isn't as innocent as she looks!

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

It wasn't really a hard decision to make. It was one of those quality of life decisions. It was also a financial decision. When a cat has a stroke their hind quarters are effected. We could have spent $2,000-3,000 dollars to help him but that wasn't even going to guarantee him the quality of life that he had. Thomas also had a heart murmur. When he had his stroke he went into heart failure. In our opinion putting him to sleep was the kindest thing to do for him. We had him cermated and his ashes sit beside those of our first cat Max.

eta: Blinded By Smoke, your Doberman is gorgeous :) lovely lady.

We've got two tortiseshell cats. Tuppence is your more traditional colouring and Caramel is a dilute or pale tortie. Both have the tortie attitude though. I know it's probably not the best picture of Tuppence but once she sees the camera she leaves :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  15. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Thank you, Jacquie. :) I adore Tuppence... She is GORGEOUS! (they both are!!) My latest tortie, Skittles, was SUCH a joy! She got placed with a family who absolutely adores her and her sassy personality! ;)