CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting--Ausiello lists all three Messers as possible fatalities on his May Sweeps Scorecard. I wonder if this means Shane was definitely the one who fired the gun we heard, and if Carmine wasn't exaggerating when he said someone is dead at the end of the episode.

2. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I think that it is Shane who fired. What I dread it is «I promises you of Danny " to Lindsay at the end of the episode Maybe whom he will fire in quoted to frighten him, but he has to win nothing to kill him. Otherwise why to have made all this to kill him, if he wanted him he would have fired him a bullet in the head while he slept.
    On the other hand it is in the interest to destroy him his family so that Danny lives what he lives, is necessary to have nothing more of it who and what to believe. All that Danny stole him in his eyes, the hope.

3. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Thanks Top! :thumbsup:

I'm just thinking... I read Carmine's recent interview and he said he's ambitious about writing more episodes and even directing. Anna seemed to be happy with being in the cast in many interviews. Killing a baby is too much of a risk. I don't know about Carmine's contract and all, but if someone dies, I think it's Danny. :)

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

It's a big risk to kill one character as Danny. He has his popularity in this show.

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

That would make sense, possibly the most sense given the ending-- again, Shane being the only one we know for sure has a gun in his hand, he should be the one to have fired the shot. I guess it just depends on whether he actually shot to hit one of the Messers, and if so, whether the bullet actually kills them.

(Gotta admit, I'm taking the Scorecard with a little grain of salt :lol: Almost half the franchise's cast is on there, and even on watching the LV finale, I couldn't make myself believe that Langston was going anywhere. OT: If they really wanted to create suspense it probably should've been Catherine they put in danger.)

6. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I definately think it was Shanes gun that we heard.

The problem I have with Lindsay shooting Shane is that Shane was holding Lucy. You would need to be a very confident marksman to shoot a man holding your baby, then theres the injuries caused to Lucy by Shane falling to the ground whilst holding her. No, i definately think Shane fired, although I am not so sure anyone is killed.

But then Danny injured is very last season :lol:.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I know this is going to make me the evilest resident of Eviltown, but I have to say if one of the Messers doesn't end up dead the premiere will be just as unsatisfying as the finale was for me.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I suppose one possibility is that Shane shoots at Danny and Lindsay pushes him out of the way and gets shot. I don't know. Danny struggling with Shane in the lighthouse and getting the upper hand - only to get shot at home later on - would be kind of...anticlimactic. Like 'Wow, that was a close one, I totally--*dead*' If it was meant to be shocking that he survived only to die anyway, then he should have been shot on screen at the end, you know? If he was going to die, they should have had the drama end on the lighthouse...but maybe that's just me.

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Surely Danny getting hurt in a season finale is wearing a bit thin it would be his 3rd I'm not saying it wouldn't be interesting but its kinda as predictable as everything else.

I'm still hoping its not just shane getting shot then its like thats done but I kind of can't see any other way out which would work, unless one isn't renewing contract or they crazily go the baby route and she gets hurt... but for some reason i can't see that and one of them just getting shot doesn't seem as exciting for some reason.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i found it slightly bizarre that someone tweeted gary sinise with these spoilers (which have been compiled into a youtube video) asking him if these spoilers were true. call me overly judgemental, but isn't it kinda obvious they're not?!

11. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I think shooting Danny is a little to predictable, and like people have said it would be the 3rd finale (in only 6 seasons) that Danny would have gotten hurt in the finale, it would be a little over kill.

I think Lindsay shots Shane, or Shane shots Lindsay and escapes with Lucy leaving Danny with the dilemma of saving his wife or saving his child, I know baby-napping is the last thing the show needs, but I think that what they might do.

12. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

he has his popularity, of course. But if it doesn't affect the show's ratings then I think it could be an option. Killing the baby will affect but killing Danny won't. The audience saw him enough already.

I like your idea. A bit melodramatic maybe, but it seems to be the most probable option to me. :)

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

He's arguably the most popular character on the show. I think killing him off would do a lot of damage to the ratings. I personally don't see how killing off Lucy would, but that's just me I guess.

One thing that's crossed my mind in the scenario of Lucy being kidnapped/killed/injured is this: If Shane were to escape and Danny and/or Lindsay finds him they may want to kill him. I could see a good scene with Flack talking them down because he knows it's not worth it to kill someone out of revenge.

14. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I like your idea too! :thumbsup: It suits Danny's character I think, because what I'm feeling about Danny is that he is such an impulsive and irresponsible character even after his marage. He counts on his wife only when the humor takes him. He can't take care of his family, let alone protect them. He simply can't see the danger is near, seeing making decision to leave his cell phone at home after knowing that Shane Casey is out there. If I were him I think I want to know how things are going around! :rolleyes: I can see him pointing his gun at Casey head out of rage not knowing what to do next, and Flack talks Danny into hand over the gun. That would make a wonderful scene! :D Maybe they can dig up Flack's shooting in 'Pay up'. I think the role will go to Mac though, he managed to hold back enough in the finale and he's always the one who saves the day.

15. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

the thing with this?? POSSIBLE fatalities! :wtf: it's just as possible shane gets killed :shifty: or nobody gets shot!
    It's CSI ny more likely shane shoots and danny hides behind the wall (he was moving that way) and lindsay i don't think she has enough time to get into the line of fire before the shot plus i think danny would hold a hand up so she didn't go into door view.
    Maybe he shoots up like a warning danny hides and boom shane out the window with "lucy" lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.