Grade 'Vacation Getaway'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 26, 2010.

?

How would you grade Vacation Getaway?

1. A+

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. C

13 vote(s)
    13.4%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  11. D

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  13. F

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Danny didn't forget his cellphone at home: when Lindsay pulled hers out, he said "I thought we were leaving phones at home", then she said she brought hers because her camera ran out of battery.

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks for clarifying, Maya. I wasn't sure if he left or forgot his cellphone.

I keep thinking why the finale is okay for me. Maybe because I am just jelous that for the first time, Miami outdone NY with finales! :lol:

3. nydmjj2000

nydmjj2000 Victim

I loved the whole thing. I don't know if I can wait til this Fall, it will be exciting to see what happens.

4. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

I have seen better, and I have seen worse. I don’t think I could go through another season of Danny being shot again or Lindsey being shot. I do like Danny and Lindsey, but I don’t feel this did any good for their future story lines. Speaking of the Messer’s how old is Lucy? 14 months?

The whole fall from a light house thing and survive? What ever. :rolleyes: BUT, did anyone else notice the rope that was hanging out side of the light house? It was a white one? He (Shane)could have some how held onto that. :hugegrin:

Where is the love for Flack? He helped save Danny’s life, and all he get’s is a pat on the back from Stella. Oh, and good job to his stunt double for the opening sequence. :thumbsup:

Back at the apartment Lindsey said something to Danny like, “I don’t know how much longer we can keep doing this.” She then mumbled something about feeling “like I’ll lose you.” Danny answered, “I am right here I am not going any where.” Along with Shane some how ending up in their apartment with the kid, and the cheesy lines makes me wonder if it’s all a dream.

5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Yeah, she did. I think maybe it could be a lead in to future problems, or knowing this show it could mean nothing at all.

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

So why would somebody *choose* to leave their cellphones at home? I mean, even leaving out the fact that there's a serial killer on the loose who has already proven to have an unhealthy interest in you, why would a couple - especially parents of a young child - willingly put themselves in a position where they couldn't contact anybody even in an emergency?

I get that they probably didn't want anybody to be able to call them, but that's what caller ID is for. Somebody from work rings, you just leave the phone on silent and wait until they go away (not that I've ever done that when on a day off...;-)

It just seems like a case of characters being hit with the stupid stick in order to make the plot work - and if you have to write the characters out of character to fit the plot, then maybe the plot was a crappy one in the first place.

Hell, why not just have them be in an area with crappy coverage.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

That was a nice finale.I wasn't really worried because each season CSI:NY ends the year on a high note and that was not an exception.I like Shane Casey's character and the case was interesting as well(the idea about the dollar bills was awesome).I didn't like the fact that Danny and Lindsay went on vacation despite knowing that Casey is free and has Danny's badge and ID.The scene on the lighthouse was suspensful and the final scene breathtaking.I'm already anticipating the season 7 premier in September!!

Overall a good episode.I gave it an A-.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's what really gets me about this episode, too. I've come to realize that every once in a while a character is going to get "hit with the stupid stick," but in this episode it seems like the entire team was clocked for the entire episode. It was just beyond bad.

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I think they were pummeled with it over and over again.... I truly hope the season opener is a good one.

10. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

If they would have ended the story at the lighthouse, then it would have been a rather enjoyable season´s finale, I could have even ignored the silly illogical things like Danny leaving his mobile at home and Lindsay switching hers off and both telling no one where exactly they were going, despite the fact that Shane Casey escaped once again.

But why, oh, why did they turn it into a cliffhanger? It´s ridiculous, it´s predictable, it´s nonsense.
    I bet you, they´ll let Shane Casey get away once more, just to let him pop up once every few years when they are in need for a story filler. Like a ghost he will haunt them and spook around, happily ever after :D. Except, this show will not last long enough for that, but even then Shane might survive- I have a vision of the show´s big finale: Shane kills them all and vanishes into a ghostly mist :lol:.

So it´s a C from me.

11. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

12. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Gave it an A+ 'cause I love this episode! Reminded me of why I used to like D/L together. :) Watching it made me jumpy because I am truly frightened by Shane Casey. I do not like him at all. Lol. The dollar bill was clever, I liked that.

Lucy grew up pretty fast, don't you think? I would have wanted her to smile a bit more and act cuter. :lol:

Ah, Shane Casey's immortal. Why didn't I see that coming?

13. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

It was okay.

I hate Shane Casey and would have lost my patience with him ages ago with all of his riddles and crap.

It was cute to see the Messers on vacation. Lucy got really big really fast. I was a little bothered that everyone was on the beach in long pants and sweat shirts. It just seems uncomfortable to me.

I knew Shane Casey didn't die from the fall.

I bet Shane Casey is the one who gets shot and Lindsay is the one who blows his head off. You don't mess with a baby when the Mama Bear is near. Although I do like the idea that others have brought up about Flack shooting him a lot better. :lol: Flack as Danny's Knight In Shining Armor. **sigh**

Looking forward to the new season in September.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  14. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

My first thought also when Mac mentioned the high tide. Unfortunately, it reminds me of soap opera writing. You can figure out the plot from the oh-so-NOT-subtle hints dropped by different characters. :shifty:

I am still on board though and awaiting the season opener also. Gotta get my Flack fix.

Tobin

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

To be honest, it was the fall from the high-rise building onto concrete sidewalk at the beginning of the episode that bothered me way more than the fall from the lighthouse, even though the lighthouse was taller. I could buy that Shane has every good-luck charm in the world, and therefore would've missed all the jagged rocks beneath the lighthouse when he fell. Depending on how deep the water was where he landed, and how strong a swimmer he is, he could've survived that. (Well enough to get back to Manhattan in less than 12 hours, that's a different story, but whatevs).

That he fell several stories onto concrete without even a scratch or a sprained wrist, that bothered me a lot more :shifty: Even if he landed on someone else, the impact should've been enough to break something.