Video games

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by hotspot, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ You don't have Zelda for SNES? I've dreamed of it to buy from auction but the price and competition is tough.

As I mentioned earlier, my first game ever was Pick Axe Pete for Philips Videopac 7000 - or Magnavox Odyssey2 like it was known in US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPd3IAyO39g
    (I took one with explanation, the black door was bad news) :D

I finally finished Twlight Princess, got mad at Cave of Ordeals :p (yes, too late I realised you can kill ReDeads with bomb+arrow)
    and got impatient with last battle so I just used to fishingpole :p

And ohoh! My bf ordered FF Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers.
    Been cool so far!

And I cannot wait for to get decent internetconnection so I can buy dear old C64 games. Our c64 was given away once we got SNES.

2. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I'm addicted to Colin McRae Dirt 2 for the DSlite and i have over 60% completed and have over $3 million dollars on it and it's fun

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I was wondering how many of you guys play The Sims games. I've got every version of the Sims ... really addicting :eek:

4. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I do (since The Sims (original) days, and how far they have come)! I find I go in waves with that game, play it everyday for an unreasonable number of hours (and sometimes forget to eat and sleep :lol:), then not play for weeks at a time. I go online and download custom content (what talented people!) and mods. You are so right, Teddy Bear Dr., it is so very addicting! I am really looking forward to the next expansion that comes out a week from today:)!

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

The Sims is probably the game that I play the most. I could sit on it for hours. I've been playing since the first one, but now I usually just play The Sims 2. I have The Sims 3 but my laptop is crap so it doesn't work very well, and I just seem to like The Sims 2 better, especially because I have all of the expansion packs and I download a looooot of custom content for them. If I didn't have CC or mods I wouldn't play half as much. :|

Since last time I posted, my brother now has Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, GTA: something or other, Skate 2, and Left4Dead for his Xbox 360. And I bought Pokemon: HeartGold for the DS, which is pretty awesome. :lol:

I haven't been playing much lately but I really want to start Super Paper Mario (I'm so close to the end) and Twilight Princess again. I need to get back into it.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I've played all of them and I'm loving The Sims 3 at the moment. I'd still have to say The Sims 2 was my favourite, but I'm looking forward to Sims Ambitions that's coming out in June. We'll finally be able to control them at work. :D

While I'm here, this is my latest Sim House. Haven't done much for landscaping, but it's a work in progress.

Also, can anyone recommend some good Wii games? I have a few (Tiger Woods golf, Sim City Creator, Mario Kart Racing, Wii Fit etc.) but I'm looking for something new and figured someone might have some suggestions.

7. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

I love videogames !! specially survival Horror ones , but I never play them I always see someone else play because im a coward :lol:
    some of them are:

Alone in the dark - The new nightmare
    Silent Hill
    Resident Evil 4
    Clock Tower

but for being honest the videogame I enjoy to play the most are the CSI games
    ( only the ones that are from CSI: LV) :D

8. Ducky

Aha!
    My other half bought Little King's Story and Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers.
    Still planning to have Metroid Prime Trilogy (and Other M once it arrives)
    I'd also like Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympic games (I like sports games :p brings back memories from C64 and Winter Games and Summer Games) and now I've seen pretty trailers of Mario Galaxy 2 *le sigh*

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I like your house :D That's Sims 2 isn't it ... everything is better on Sims 2, Sims 3 is slowly getting there for me :) I'm getting there though and I can't wait for Ambitions either ... they have Crime Scene Investigators/Detectives :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to the tattoos too ... lol

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Sims 3. :D My sis took Sims 2 with her when she moved out so I haven't been able to play it for about a year. :lol:

I really wish someone would bring back the old Sims games on PC (Sim City, Sim Copter, Sim Safari, Sim Tower etc.) someday and improve upon them. Not sure if anyone remembers those ones, but they were a lot of fun.

11. razet93

razet93 Victim

yes, I like video games very much. My favorite game is contra and call of duty..

12. Ducky

Alrighty.
    Bought Monster Hunter 3: Tri - playing now with classic control (bought one and one came with the game)
    Looks cool, different. Too bad there isn't similar co-op playing than e.g. with Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

And yes, we bought also Super Mario Galaxy (the first one).

And we finally got wlan so bought C64 Winter Games :DDD

13. athlov

athlov Guest

Anyone else play Mass Effect 1 or 2 for the PC? I have also played World of Warcraft, Zuma, Left4Dead 2, Mirrors Edge, and the Harry Potter games. On-line I play FarmVille on Facebook.

14. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I beat Super Paper Mario for the Wii the other day, FINALLY. It was a freaking awesome game, I loved the storyline to it. I would REALLY like to play Paper Mario 64 again but my N64 isn't working right now. :( I need to find the right cable because the one I'm using isn't letting it work.

I'm still playing Twilight Princess too, it's taking me FOREVER. I suck at Zelda games though, I almost always use a guide, but I enjoy it anyway because those games are really pretty and the story and everything is just awesome. ^_^

Aaand I'm doing stuff in Super Mario Galaxy every now and then, but I don't like that game as much because it's so random. There is a story to it, but it's hard to follow when you're just going from universe to universe collecting stars. :/ Meh, the way the game works and looks and everything is EPIC but it's just not that exciting to me.

15. Ducky

I always use guide on Zelda's water temples. I hate water temples. I've been so stuck so many times in those that once I enter, I go and print the guide. :lol: :lol:

And yay! New Zelda looks good! It's not as dark as TP but has realistic, adult link in kind of TWW toon-world