Video games

I'm still playing Twilight Princess too, it's taking me FOREVER. I suck at Zelda games though, I almost always use a guide, but I enjoy it anyway because those games are really pretty and the story and everything is just awesome. ^_^

I always use guide on Zelda's water temples. I hate water temples. I've been so stuck so many times in those that once I enter, I go and print the guide. :lol: :lol:

And yay! New Zelda looks good! It's not as dark as TP but has realistic, adult link in kind of TWW toon-world
Oh man, I never did beat Ocarina of Time because the Water Temple was so freaking hard, and when I played that I didn't realize there was guides on the internet for it. :lol: I should try that again sometime.

Is the new one called Skyward Sword or something like that? It looks pretty cool. I prefer adult-Link too, so that's good. :lol:

I got the N64 to work, so I'm playing Paper Mario again. :D I had lent the expansion pack to my friend so she could play Majora's Mask on her N64, and I got it back from her. When I put it in it magically worked. :lol: I guess Paper Mario needs the expansion pack to work, even though I looked it up and didn't see anywhere saying it did. Oh well. *shrug*

I'm still playing Twilight Princess too, it's taking me FOREVER. I suck at Zelda games though, I almost always use a guide, but I enjoy it anyway because those games are really pretty and the story and everything is just awesome. ^_^

I always use guide on Zelda's water temples. I hate water temples. I've been so stuck so many times in those that once I enter, I go and print the guide. :lol: :lol:

And yay! New Zelda looks good! It's not as dark as TP but has realistic, adult link in kind of TWW toon-world
Oh man, I never did beat Ocarina of Time because the Water Temple was so freaking hard, and when I played that I didn't realize there was guides on the internet for it. :lol: I should try that again sometime.

Is the new one called Skyward Sword or something like that? It looks pretty cool. I prefer adult-Link too, so that's good. :lol:

I got the N64 to work, so I'm playing Paper Mario again. :D I had lent the expansion pack to my friend so she could play Majora's Mask on her N64, and I got it back from her. When I put it in it magically worked. :lol: I guess Paper Mario needs the expansion pack to work, even though I looked it up and didn't see anywhere saying it did. Oh well. *shrug*

Oh don't get me started with OoT Water temple. Seriously, it was time with no onlineguides as well for me (I guess my English wasn't good enough) and TWO MONTHS I was stuck in there and got frustrated until I realised "Doh, there has to be a door under the platform when you raise the water and you have to swim there"
And there it was. I was so mad. Then I finished the game. Another annoying was boss of the Shadow Temple (I think) that Bogaboga or whatever. You were on a drum and those gigantic hands keep hitting and you were bouncing there, even with Light boots.

But rather difficult than too easy.

And related to this, here's CollegeHumor's take if games had super-easy mode
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1938370

(Space Invaders makes me laugh so hard every time :lol: :lol: )

I Like Zelda games because it takes time to get thru those.
I have to say with TP I got frustrated in final batte and used fishing pole to confuse Ganondorf so I could bette attack him.

And stupid N64 and it's extra stuff. Memorycards, expansion packs, rumblepacks... that's why I like Wii, no need to buy that stuff (even GC needed that memorycard) unless you don't want to remove anything to make space. We've been ok so far.

Erm..so our new game, because wanted something classic shootin and to buy the pistols :p Ghost Squad. Oh the good old times Virtua Cop 2 -like game. But still hunting and gathering with Monster Hunter 3 - farming worms and bugs and mushrooms and herbs and killing beasts!

Wii
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart
Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 + TV Party
Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games
Wario Ware Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Sports + Sports Resort

--

those are quoted from my old post. Now having these games also

Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympic games
Rayman Raving Rabbids - Rabbids Go Home
Little King's Story
Mad World
007 Golden Eye (got golden classic pro controller with it)
Monster Hunter Tri
Ghost Squad
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Mario All Stars
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (the idea is fun, but how they've done it just sucks. I am so disappointed)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Oh I love it. Good old Street Fighter/Mortal Combat style game. HADOKEN! HADOKEN! It has Ryu. Love.)

And the best game so far: Xenoblade Chronicles. A wonderful game, the best for wii so far (of course if you don't like RPG). I am half way through and it's just a kickass. I really hope Nintendo America will release it across the pond as well. And I think it's sold well in Europe.

I also *khrm* pre-ordered Zelda: Skyward Sword. I don't know how it happened, I was going thru games in Amazon.co.uk and before I realised, it was ordered ;)

And even with those, this year is also released Rayman Origins, Kirby's Adventure for Wii and next year they've decided to release in Europe (they weren't planning to do that, just like with Xenoblade Chronicles) Pandora's Tower and The Last Story. Yaysies!

And I am so dreaming of Nintendo 3DS, since the price got down quite a bit.

Oh revival of the video games thread. :O I don't really have many new games since the last time I posted. :lol:

For the Wii I have Green Day Rock Band now. I HAD to buy it, especially after I figured out that all of my Guitar Hero controllers would work in Rock Band too. :lol: I also have Pokemon Black and White for the DS. I think I'm going to get a 3DS for Christmas along with the 3D Ocarina of Time. And Skyward Sword comes out this month so I'll get that sometime soon as well. OH and I bought a used copy of Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS. I loved it sooo much! I ended up buying Spirit Tracks too (the sequel) and I'm almost done that one, but haven't had a lot of time to play it lately.

I'm also playing The Sims 3 finally, since I got a new laptop and it works now. I only have the base game, Generations, and World Adventures. I love it though.

^^ Zelda gets you, doesn't it?

And I am glad they've managed to keep the quality up (unlike..krm...some FFs)

Xenoblade is so damn addictive. I'm level 57 and still have to go some +20 lvs to even think of ending the game. Playing hours 66 so far :D

I played Zelda: Twilight Princess wii 2 years ago and it took me 3 weeks to beat it and it was my first time playing that Zelda game. Im still stuck on Zelda: Ocarina of time, where I supposedly to beat bongo-bongo boss. Beside I can't wait to try the new Zelda game I just pre-ordered 4 days ago.

Glad to see there are fellow Zelda fans here. I'm also glad to see there are others who HATED the water temple as much as I did in Ocarina of Time. FInally beat the stupid thing and then the game.
I also like the Mario and Kirby series and am playing the new Kirby game for the wii.

The only Kirby games I've played were a really old one on the Gameboy, which I never had any idea of what to do on it, and one for the N64 which I actually beat by myself, when I was little. And Kirby is also one of my favourite characters to use on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. :lol:

I'm probably getting a 3DS for Christmas and I can't freaking wait to get Ocarina of Time and the new 3D Super Mario World that's coming out soon. And Skyward Sword, I wish I had that already. I probably would if I didn't live in a university dorm with no room for a TV in my room to play the Wii on.

My Skyward Sword arrived two days ago, I've only tried it a few times, since I told myself to finish Xenoblade Chronicles first (88hours played so far.. some 20 levels to go before I can reach the boss) :p But new Zelda looks cool.. tho I am not sure if I like the saving system and lately I've been playing games that are better to play with classic controller pro so need to get used to wave mote and nunchuk again :lol: :lol:
And I just ordered simple game, no mention of limited or special edition (since I order from amazon.co.uk and even with VAT and postages, it's still 10-20€ cheaper than here) but ohoh, it was special edition with the music cd :D

As for water temples. For Twilight Princess once I entered the Water Temple, I just printed the guide right away. Man it gets in my nerves. Same thing with Majora's Mask.
SNES Zelda I've played thru so many times that I remember where to go and what to pull :lol: :lol:
And OoT Bongobongo..I always tried to change the boots but finally realised that it only can be played with the light boots. But goddamn that was probably the most annoying boss in that game.

And one of my most hated boss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4YLM8903uw
I swear I think I have good tactics with it and it bloody gets me every time!

And for the TP.. I confess..The last stage with Ganondorf.. I used the fishing rod to make it easier. I did for long all the stupid moves and no, he blocked those all. So I got frustrated. Meh.

Oh new Kirby will be released here tomorrow (like Rayman Origins, I really liked the first Rayman game), but it may be that won't order it until Christmas. Or so. But I really liked Epic Yarn, even it's different from Kirby's idea. Lol, the music and sounds are just ..great.

Heh, my bf said I'll get Super Mario Galaxy 2 once I beat the first one. (I have 2 stages to go) So I told him (he's been excited about zelda too) that he can start that one when he has finished his games.. He has Resident Evil 4 and Kirby's Epic Yarn, Monster Hunter Tri nearly Finished, Xenoblade has 10h of play behind, Little King's Story and Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy are somewhere in half way :p
Of course he plays with his pc alot (like Minecraft at the moment) and he says, it's just different perioids of time when he likes to play certain games. Even I said, once he picks up Xenoblade again, he won't be able to stop. I know. Jeez, I think of playing for an hour and OOOPS, 4 hours have gone by.
And only game that I haven't finished is Monster Hunter Tri. Still few monsters to go, it's just so time consuming.. I mean you have 50mins for a quest. If it's killing/capturing I usually take that 45min and then if you a) die 3 times which is quest fail b) out of time which is also quest fail.. you need time and nerves to start again.

And about 3DS.. one online store here is selling it for 160€. If I get taxreturn like my bf, I'd so buy it. But I don't (yay paying 7000 € instead!). Meh.

But all this Zeldatalk.. makes me want to play Wind Waker again. And perhaps start that Four Swords... and maybe finish the only Zelda game that I haven't... Majora's Mask. ..and it reminds me. We bought Zelda II from Wii Store. I've never had NES in my childhood but bf had and he said it was the best game ever ;)

And to the theme, this is great page
http://gannon-banned.com/

Last edited:
Ducky I agree with you on bongo bongo boss, its so annoying to try beat it, but for Zelda twilight princess game it took me 3 weeks to beat it, it wasn't that bad at all however this one in Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm bit stumped after I got to the boss fight, the character I think it was called Lord Ghirhiam, what pain in the ass, I have to play it later today or so.

As for Super Mario Galaxy, I beat it, I did try SMG 2 I didn't like it, its more difficult than SMG game. I never played those Zelda games on NES, I recall my stepbrother Jason does he had um Gold edition of Zelda I forget which series was that.

The two stages I haven't finished in SMG is coin collections, the one that is Luigi Shaped and has the falling tiles and the other one is that snowy mountain one, because I always fail the last jump where the last two coins are and then I am just too pissed to start over.

I only played Skyward Sword so I could save that no need to watch long opening animations again, did little jumping and went to rescue that cat or dog or whatever, fall down and then I didn't know what to do so I just saved there.

One that we've been planning to have is Metroid Prime Trilogy. Since it has the older games and the reviews I read about Other M, they failed big time so I have no interest of buying it.

So I finished Xenoblade Chronicles, bit over 142h of play, lv 96 and only 1 quest undone, since I didn't have patience to find the right weather for it to be possible to do. Even with hours like that, would like to play it again. Even tho when you play it with clared data, you dont' need to do the grinding with the levels :p

Damn I loved that game. It's the best game I've played for years and probably the best one so far for Wii.

So today I started with Skyward Sword. Probably takes bit time to wave remote again, since I've played games with remote in horizontal way (Mario Kart, Kirby's epic yarn, NSMBW, donkey kong) or then with the classic controller (Monster Hunter, Tatsunoko vs. capcom and Xenoblade)
Looks really nice so far, once you get the past every damn tutorial :lol: :lol:

And even now starting a new game, planning to buy Kirby's Adventure and/or Metroid Prime Trilogy.. I don't think I bother with Other M, since it got so bad reviews everywhere.

I managed to get all 240 stars on the first Mario Galaxy but the second one....propbably isn't going to happen.
PLayed the new Kirby game and the ex.mode is actually quite challanging.

So I finished Skyward Sword..less much playing than with Xenoblade :p I liked the gameplay but.. was it too short? And IMHO the final boss was bit too easy. I remeber being so pissed off at Ganondorf in the end of TP, and it was hard. Challenging. Long (4 stages) and I eventually beat him by using the fishing rod, because all my moves he blocked :lol: :lol:

And goddamn that bug chasing drove me nuts. Or the movements of the sword. I just try to poke with it and it hits from up to down. Or I try to move it right so I can hit from right to left and bam, it hits from left :lol:

I wonder if Hero Mode is more challenging? Tho I liked the colours more than TP.

The Last Story will be released in Europe on 24th, so I guess that's next on my list.
Even still thinking of buying Rayman Origins and Kirby's Adventure.. Rayman is already quite cheap at Amazon.

What brings me to a question...at what price you usually buy your games? Online or local store? Do you buy them when released or wait the price come down?

I mostly order from amazon.co.uk - even with the added VAT and shipping, it's usually almost 50% cheaper. I mean, new games here cost usually 59-69€ (even tho when I was a kid, SNES games costs 500-600 marks, which is around 80-100 euros. That's why you got those probably once a year one game )

Like my bro who was planning to buy a game for PS3. He said he is going to pick it up and it costs 69€. I asked if he has checked amazon, he said no and I checked the price for him and it was25£. So I ordered it from him and with shipping and VAT, it was some 31€.

There is no way I am going to buy a new game from this country. Even shops where you can buy used (such as GameStop) - they are horrible prices.
So no thanks.

Of course some of our own online stores have another shipping from Åland (which is similar to Jersey island for UK) - they can sell it tax free if it's under 43€ - I bought Xenoblade like that.

Console and Wii Fit board I had to buy from here, since cannot be purchased from amazon.co.uk or similar.

Well when i buy games in CEX and it depends on what they have for sale but i look for Playstaion 2 games and Wii games as well or maybe DVD's and most are selling for under twenty pounds ( sterling ) and i get my CSI dvd's from CEX and sometimes HMV as it depends on price and whether or not i can pre order it.

Back