Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There is a debate/dislike thread if you disagree with a pairing,you don't do that here.We would never go to the Eric/Calleigh thread to say we don't like it. Please don't do it again,it very disrepectful.
    In the earlier seasons,it was very easy to see them together . Right now, I would like to see them as friends again .
    IMO, Calleigh and Eric aren't aren't suited for each other either.
    I'm sure Ryan is romantic enough,as much as anyone else on the show,which also hasn't been shown with any of the other characters, none of them! In my opinion the attempts at romance is done very poorly on this show.

2. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Thanks for the reminder ladyhunter!

Alright on to last nights epi!! I was kinda disappointed that we didn't get too many Ryan and Calleigh scenes. The only scene they had together was the one at the beginning when they were putting the puzzle together.. Too bad we didn't get anymore scenes! Maybe we'll get some next season, because they'll both wake up right! :)
    The only thing I can do is agree with this! :thumbsup: Ryan probably is romantic, is just we haven't seen that much "in depth" information about his character so IMO it's too quick to judge! :p

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I also agree with you, Greatfan. I dont think romance is written very well on this show. True, we hardly know anything about Ryan's outside of work character, but that doesnt mean he cant be. He got Tara those flowers to apologise that time, so its not that much of a stretch to imagine that he would buy a girlfriend some as well.
    Now if both of them come back next season my hope is for a return to them being friends. They probably wont be as close as before, but I would like some acknowledgement that they care for one another, especially from Cal. I would like to see her comfort him, or go out of her way to help him or something.

4. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

I completely agree. It has been FAR too long since we have seen Calleigh and Ryan act as friends. I don't think it's too much to ask to see at least a little glimpse of their friendship! We aren't asking for much TPTB!! Even if TPTB did explore the possibility of CaRWash (which I wouldn't complain about :p) judging by what the writers have done with E/C I don't know if they'd do a good job with CaRWash. I feel like they'd do it over the top are morph Ryan to make him more suitable to this "new" Calleigh. If they could change Calleigh back to the way she was before mid season 5, then I could see that Calleigh and Ryan... This Calleigh not so much... Of course this is JMO.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  5. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree with both assessments. IDK if they are ever going to get that fun flirty banter back, but I would like to see some of the closeness (that they once had) return. TPTB tried to show a little of that friendship this season, but, blew it in "Time Bomb" as far as I was concerned. Calleigh could have been a little more concerned and/or supportive. I know that when they were searching Ryan's apt., she did reassured everyone that this was a way to exonerate Ryan, after they found the diamonds we saw nothing; she didn't even reassure Ryan even though he looked at her pleadingly. Way-to-go Calleigh. Maybe in the new season, we will see some nice CaRWash moments.:scream:

6. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

Well this thread seems to be dying a bit. Not too much CaRWash news lately, so it's kinda hard to talk about anything/spark conversation. So, I decided in an attempt to spark conversation, that I'd would show you something that I had found. I found this little blerb a while ago but forgot to save the link so couldn't post it! So on a website I found this:
    Although this page was probably from I don't know when (probably a while ago!) I still thought that this was good news!! If they know that there's a strong fan base for CaRWash perhaps we will see some more scenes in the future! (if we are lucky) *fingers crossed* I can't judge season 9 until it comes around so perhaps we will be surprised and season 9 will be filled with CaRWash goodness! (should that be in a spoiler box?!?) So what does everyone think about this? Is it good news or does it state the obvious/has this been brought up before and I haven't been here long enough to know that. :p If this is old news then whoops my bad. But I don't think it is? It's probably either from last year or the year before (because it states that E/C is already cannon).

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    That sounds like an interesting article,do you have a link ?.Calleigh and Eric have only been cannon since the 7th seaon so the article isn't that old. I had wondered why the change in the friendship between Calleigh and Ryan,perhaps it came about because the producers knew of the fanbase for these two.If the characters were no longer seen as friendly and flirty, the producers and writers could go forward with their prefered plans.It's too bad a great friendship was needlessly destroyed in the process.

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

I know I have said this before that the producers appeared to see this great chemistry in the earlier seasons. B/C they had this agenda to fill is why they took them into another direction. Unfortuantly their friendship had to suffer b/c of it. I am going to remain hopeful that some of that banter flirty or friendly returns in season 9. :)

9. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I used to really enjoy CaRWash, but as you all have stated... it's down the drain! It's all on purpose too, so we'll have to 'accept' E/C.

I haven't seen any fall out on Ryan's part, really. He was there for her in SGIYC, as well as Backfire... I've also seen a few more episodes the past few seasons he's been supportive of her in, but I can't recall off the top of my head. HER though, on the other hand, SHE has destroyed EVERYTHING between them. She ruined it all season, honestly, not acting as if she could care less. It started to get REALLY bad in season 7, WISC, when she doubted him. (Actually, we could go back to the first episode of season 7, when she doubted the whole Horatio thing...) THEN, the nail went in the coffin so to speak during Time Bomb, when he practically was begging for her support and she couldn't even BREATH. Walter, Jesse, and Nat all seemed concerned. Shoot, even ERIC showed concern, but Calliegh? Not a bit. She didn't even talk to him.

Not that it matters, because when she DOES talk to him, she talks down, like he knows absolutely nothing.

So tired of that. SO tired of Calliegh BECAUSE of that. I want the flirty/happy/caring friendship back... I ENJOYED that so much....

Just my 2cents... lol. ;) (Actually, that may have been about 25cent or so... haha)

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I completely agree with what has been written.
    Stargazer- I also think that the article you posted from is quite recent. I do believe that the chemistry between Calleigh and Ryan was so strong that the only option for TPTB, once they had decided on EC was to split them up, unfortunately they went too far and eradicated their friendship altogether.
    Blinded- yeah, Ryan does seem to look upto Calleigh still (though ive no idea why) and really cares for her wellbeing. Cal on the other hand- she's become so cold towards him, for no discernable reason.
    (ahh- im at work and members of the public keep coming up and asking stupid questions! distracting me from messing around on the internet, terrible!)

Anyways where was I ......... Ahh yes. I remember an interview with Emily after the storyline with Ryan being fired (season 5) and she said her and Jon had so much fun together and joked around so much, that TPTB split them up. But this coincideed with all the Eric stuff, so I dont really buy that as an explanation for lack of CaRWash scenes.

11. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

Actually despite popular belief, it's not an article, but it's from a page describing Ryan Wolfe. :lol: I was just surfing the net yesterday and happened to come across it so I thought I'd share it. :p I will try to find the link... Ah here it is, I got it from here I don't know how trust worthy this is... It looks kind of like a fan made page, but seeing that everyone else knows about that I assume the person is correct. If there is an interview then i'd have to look for one, but just a warning I can never find good interviews. :lol: I always find old ones from like 2002. :p
    I have to agree with this. IMO she ruined it the moment she entered the love triangle. My first indication was after he got fired from the whole gambling ordeal. I don't think she really ever forgave him. And I still don't think she's forgiven him about the whole leak thing that happened at the end of season 3 (she brought it up when they were arguing in Kill Switch). I think TPTB wanted her to ruin it so they could break up a potential CaRWash as fast as possible. I think TPTB used the gambling thing as a perfect excuse for Calleigh to have this apparent never ending grudge against poor Ryan. I mean, he never gave any indication that he was a gambler until the whole love triangle plot line happened (or were there indications in season 3 and 4 that I'm forgetting?). *shrugs* just the way I see it.

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. When I say the famous "Not with my Togo" interview I assumed Emily wanted to go down the CaRWash road, apparently I was mistaken. I think we got... One actual scene this entire season... Which is really upsetting. Like everyone said TPTB are probably doing this on purpose which is not very cool. :shifty: It's kinda upsetting that TPTB are killing everything that was great about CaRWash (friendship, flirty banter, etc). But you never know. They could do a 180 on us and come back to CaRWash. I can always hope at least. :)

12. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

OK do this thread we talk about ryan and calliegh im i right?:)

13. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Yes, Mayra, you're right, this is the thread you can come to, if you wanna come and chat to other fans about Calleigh and Ryan. :D If you've got any questions, feel free to PM me or one of our other friendly neighbourhood mods. :D

Steph.

14. slower

slower Lab Technician

As much as I would love to see the old Calleigh and Ryan return; unless it does that 180 as star_gazer said, I don't see it happening. I think that tptb has taken it too far. Although I do hold out hope for a rekindling of their friendship on some level. I actually want to see the old Calleigh return; strong, independent, compassionate and less self centered, then maybe we can see the relationship they once had.

There is a pic from "Time Bomb" (on fanpop); taken in Ryan's apt. that shows Calleigh's concern for Ryan. She seemed scared and/or worried. It would have been nice to see a little more of her presence and support in clearing Ryan though.

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I agree, they will never get that friendship back, mainly due to the fact that Cal has changed so much. I really hope though, that in the new season they have them working together, as friends, and that we get the flirty banter like we used to.

Maybe we should remember happier times. :) Lets keep this thread up.
    Ok. What did everyone like about Season 3. Favourite Carwash epi and moment?

I really enjoyed the mentor/ rookie thing they had going on back then. You could tell they respected each other- that Ryan really wanted to learn from Calleigh and looked upto her (which he still does) and that Calleigh was impressed by Ryan's abilities and his eagerness. You could see the great chemistry between them right from that first episode, and so did tptb, otherwise they would not have had them working together so much in s3 and s4.
    UTI is one of my favourite episodes, and that is due, in part, to the great chemistry between our pair. I love it when Cal goes on about Ryan being Gator Bait on his first day (very eager to impress her, methinks!:devil:) and when Ryan says he is glad that her Dad is cleared (or something to that effect) and gives her a cute little smile.
    A favourite moment is probably in Legal. When Ryan is stood over the body in the morgue and is getting upset, and Cal comes in and says the right words to comfort him.

Its been sooooo long since we got any decent scenes between them. Its annoying that its been allowed to happen.:(