Bones #3: To Resist Is Futile

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Mar 28, 2010.

1. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Well, I have to say that was a strange season finale.

As much as I love both the books and the tv series, IMO the last moment interpersonal walking away in the finale works much better in a book than on tv. Instead of leaving us dumbfounded at the end, you would have better served your audience to do what Battlestar Galactica did in season two, and end with a quick "one year later" snapshot, then cut away to the credits. I assume you will move one year forward!?? Poor Cam, I doubt the Jeffersonian will want a director who allows all of her most important people to take a year's leave of absence at the same time. It just can't happen in the real world. Can you imagine the Smithsonian (upon which the Jeffersonian is based) allowing all its key staff to go waltzing off to all corners of the Earth for a year? It would lose all its credibility, not to mention lots of funding. Oh, that's right, Hodgins is the Jeffersonian's largest single donor, so I guess he'd make sure things were covered, monetarily... :rolleyes:

I didn't mind the somewhat scattered, sluggishly moving story because this episode was meant to focus on the interpersonal relations more than crime.

Next season should be good. I can't wait to see how each has changed after one year in different environments. I only hope Cam, her adopted daughter, Caroline, Sweets and Max will all be back because I've really come to love those characters, too. Now, if they could just find a way to bring back Zak...

2. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Have to see it yet... but

from what I've heard about the final...... it seems they've gone for an easy way out... a lot can happen in one year.... so they can bring in the most strange storylines..... very curious for this final

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I did find the end poignant though. My friend was yelling at the TV, "I can't wait until September for resolution!" Then again, she does that at the end of every show every spring. :lol:

4. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Loved it :) It was very different, but that's why I loved it.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I thought it was a great finale. The end was very touching.
    I did kind of feel sorry for Cam; everyone was leaving her!
    Looking forward to the premiere.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I have to agree about all of them just taking off for a year. I can understand them holding the job for Brennan but like I told my sister "yeah Hodgins and Angela can just take off to Paris for a year, return and go back to their old jobs cause they'll just be waiting for them". That was the only thing that irked me about the episode. Oh and maybe that the end would've been a good moment for Booth and Brennan to share a kiss and that didn't happen...but that's a lot to ask I know :lol:. Also I have to mention rahkira that I loved that season finale in Battlestar Galactica, it was awesome :thumbsup: Now that I think about it I do agree that it would've been a more powerful ending because when it happened in BSG I was just shocked and couldn't wait to know what had happened in that year because we were already seeing the aftermath. Though in BSG it also worked so well because it was totally out of the blue and unexpected.

But all in all it was a good episode and a 100% better than last year's season finale IMO.

7. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Originally, I was joking about Hodgins' money, but the more I think about it, they could use that as the reason they get away with that many key members being gone that long. If one very wealthy member (say Hodgins) were to fund all those positions for a year, I would guess the institution might be open to the three or four key members of a small group going off for a year. Otherwise, it's just unrealistic; in this economy, heck, in any economy, no institution can afford to be that understanding!

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I haven't watched the season finale yet, but... Daisy and Sweets broke up? She annoyed me, but poor Lance. :(

9. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I quite liked the finale. I thought it was nice and simple.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens after their year away. A lot can happen in a year...

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Yeah... broke up in the most unrealistic way possible. He basically said "let's not see each other anymore" and then she pretty much said "OK", shrugged it off, hopped on a plane.

WHAT?!?!?

What in the everliving hell is that??

I don't buy into that for a mother-loving SECOND. Too easy, too painless, too quick. They wouldn't just snap their fingers and make a clean break in that single moment. No freakin' way.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Haha. That sounds like a dumb way to have them breakup. I keep forgetting to watch the episode. :lol:

12. Anna P

Anna P Witness

13. GregNickRyanFan

Finally watched the finale. Angela's dad is all kinds of awesome. I cracked up at Sweets making cat noises to distract the dogs. :lol: That was hilarious. B&B at the end... man I was just urging them to kiss, sadly they didn't. Boy has Parker grown up. :)

14. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

On June 23rd, Hart Hanson tweeted: "The tentative (penciled-in, maybe, unlocked) title for ep1, Season 6 is "The Gorilla in the Room". Could change. Probably. Most likely." Oh, what a little tease he is!!

June 24th he tweeted: "Ms. Lauper doesn't need to weasel her way back in. We're here with open arms: http://bit.ly/b13lrK " He's referring to the Lauper interview in the link.

So glad to hear that! Cyndi Lauper was sensational as Avalon, we need her psychic powers back to knock some sense into Booth and Brennan that they belong together!

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I refused to watch the finale because it was too sad lol.

I wanna know what their thing is with fast breakups. First A/H and then this one. I wouldn't mind Sweets and Daisy getting back together myself. But at least A/H did.