Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist adding the second one)

2. Court

Court Prime Suspect

:lol: :guffaw: This made my week. Full of win.

3. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Hmm interesting. I never actually saw the potential of E/C. When my friend told me that E/C was gonna happen I was like ... really? Hmm I never really thought about it, because i never saw anything other than brother-sister between them. But again that's just me. Of course I'm a little biased seeing that I'm a CaRWash shipper. Not that I'd want Calleigh touching Ryan now that she's all changed and such, but of course if ryan changed her back I wouldn't mind. Not that that's going to happen. In my dreams maybe. :lol: Of course, seeing how they handled E/C I'm sure they would screw up CaRWash somehow and make me an anti-shipper so I won't expect any new "cannons" anytime soon. Why do I feel like the series finale will be an E/C wedding seeing the ways the fans and EP/AR are pushing it... :scream: I would run around the house screaming if A WEDDING was the series finale. :scream:
    If you think we can scream loudest then sure... I guess this is all a screaming contest. Whoever's loudest wins! :rolleyes: I think I'll say out of it. Sit back, relax and see what happens. Oh and of course I'll have my fast forward button and my dart board all ready to go. :lol:
    That's a hint to BREAK UP AND SAVE US FROM OUR MISERY. Too bad she didn't take it. Actually I'm surprised that I was so sure that E/C would break up last episode. Who am I kidding. The likelihood of them breaking up is like dividing by zero! It just can't be done! Of course I don't want to jinx it :p

So I have learned a few things this season:
    1) Calleigh and Eric are invincible. No matter how many holes you put in them THEY WON'T DIE. You think they're dead, but THEY COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU.
    2) E/C won't break up no matter how many times they may cheat on (not that they've done this yet, but of course knowing TPTB this horrid storyline may be in our mere future then throw in a pregnancy... There is a typical TPTB storyline... Now it's sounding like CSI: NY) or lie to each other/each other.

I'm looking forward to another wonderful season 7... THe only difference is it's technically called season 9 and Jesse and Walter and Dr Loman are there. Otherwise it's season 7 all over again.. Goody... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I hope she gets morning sickness and yacks all over her stilettos! :devil:

5. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I'm guessing this is meant to be a joke, but posts like this are completely unnecessary, and are insulting to other members of the forum. It's coming across that you want the Hiphuggers to have their hips broken, which is insulting and an attack on other members of the forum which is not allowed. Even if it was meant that you hope E/C have their hips broken, it's still not appropriate.

It's one thing to dislike/disagree with character(s), actor(s), ships, or fellow fans, but you still need to be respectful of others in this forum who might have views other than yours.

From the forum rules found here:

Also, going along this line of thought, I've seen a lot of things like "E/C crap" being thrown around by people, and this isn't really constructive either. I think maybe we can find other phrasing to refer to the ship that's not as offensive.

6. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

yes ma'am! I'm sorry for my lack of constructive wording.. Is it ok if I say E/C nomance, or is that offensive too? (I'm am NOT being sarcastic, I'm asking this quite seriously. I apologize if you found that to be sarcastic)

7. alexa

alexa Witness

i'm so done with csi:m....this season is my last season!
    I can still watch but only the episodes focused on Natalia and:rolleyes: /or Ryan.
    I'm really feel sorry because i loved this show but apparently S9 will be, the expected - Calleigh and eric show. .. and when it comes to marriage, pregnancies, and blah blah child blah blah blah kidnap blah blah blah this blah blah that....I am no longer watching csi: miami! because for me this couple became intolerable on tv (i mean laptop :lol:).

now you can say the show is theirs! I hope the hip(something) fans enjoy season 9.:thumbsup:

LOL

8. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Saying E/C is crap is pushing that "Willow Sucks" line. Saying E/C romance is not even close to pushing that line so obviously it's fine to say.

9. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT BREAKING HIPS LINE. I Was being just extremely sarcastic and I DID NOT mean to offend anyone!! I'm so sorry!!

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Hey, that's okay. Forget it. Now back to disliking this particular 'ship.

11. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

Ok thank you! I thought it was ok to say, but I was just checking. So thank you very much for the clarification FieldMouse!!
    Yes I agree!
    Why do I have a gut wrenching feeling that when the whole lab passes out Eric will run straight to Calleigh and he'll just ignore everyone else and worry about her.

12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I was wondering if the 20th place in the ratings, the lowest ever for CSI Miami, sent the message to TPTB that viewers have no interest in the poorly conceived and teeth-gnashing execution of The Nomance. The concentration on these two, to the exclusion of other more-worthy and far more interesting characters, has done severe damage to the integrity of CSI Miami.

David mentioned in one of the videos that one reason for the success of the show is the ability to re-invent itself. While that may be partially true, one of the detriments is the inability to recognize a storyline that isn't working or has overstayed.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually
    from what I've seen in a behind the scenes clip when Eric enters the lab Calleigh is nowhere to be found and Eric goes directly to Walter trying to get him regain consciousness. Wonder what will happen to Calleigh....will she be dead in their house???? :lol:

14. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I hope so... :evil:

But seriously, E/C should GET THE ... OUT! I'm so sick of them, especially Calleigh! She thinks she's better than everyone else and she speaks with that fake british accent! And Eric has no sense of fashion and he has a head shaped like an egg. He doesn't bother me that much though, he can't help that he looks like a 60's wallpaper with an egg on top of it. :p

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

:(
    "...will she be dead in their house????" I'm praying every day that is what happens! In fact I don't care where she dies or even how -- just so she DIES!

I don't want to waste my time on a campaign to get rid of her, but it might be worth it to take up a collection to bribe someone to kill her off. There has to be SOMEONE in a position of authority on that show who still cares about it - even if it's just a little bit!