**Spoiler Lab** Season 8 - Hot Off The Magic City Presses!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Adam's tweets aren't the reason why he was brought back to the show. Fans who missed him worked hard on creating a petition, in addition to the execs at CBS deciding it would be super awesome to use more than two brain cells to make decisions about their shows. :lol: Though it has appeared that, with the switching of time slots, they decided the extra brain cells were no longer needed. :rolleyes:

Eh, what can I say? Many of us love Emily/Calleigh. Especially in Monday's episode. I loved her being sassy at the end. :)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw: That made me laugh so hard.

I kind of think my dad's theory might be right. He said sometimes it seems like they're just throwing darts at a dartboard with time slots on them to decide which show goes where. :lol:

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

LOL! Thank you Silentdisco and GNRF for those comments. I just about wet myself, laughing. Thank you, thank you, thank you. After the Hades of a week I've been having at work, I really needed that laugh.

I have to agree with you....brain cells and all.

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree 100%. I do think that all the hoopla over Adam over the past year was just a ploy to get fans stired up and talking, in some cases they went around the bend. If you ever visited the CBS forum you could see what I mean. A whole lot of venom spewed there for Eddie and several threads in support of Eric and E/C it has settled down quite a lot when they got their way. But like I said it was all a ploy and this speculation with Emily is the same thing. She is not going anywhere.

I hope next season she is more of the old Calleigh. It's OK to be a little softer, but addale brained(sp?); come on. This girl has gone from a strong, independent woman to a mess. That scene in "Time Bomb" at the elevator, all she could do was stare at Eric. Calleigh news flash there was more going on in that moment than what was going on with your boyfriend.

5. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I didn't actually see Ryan falling down in the previews. Did anyone else? There is no way they are getting rid of Ryan, one of the most popular characters on the show, especially after this season's cast shakeup and all the emotional aftermath with the fans.

6. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

I have one question. Was Calleigh the one wearing green in the promo because she didn't look like Calleigh at all. And Time Bomb is now one of my favourite episodes. I loved the scene with Natalia, Eric, Walter and Calleigh. It was Hard but still very good. I hate the time of the outcoming episodes because I am in the middle of my exams and if I don't pass I'm gonna die.. :S I hope seriously that episode next week is as good as this week. AND I LOVED THAT STETLER FINALLY GOT AWAY
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH..
    Sorry for everyone who does like Stetler but I hated him all the time,

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I didn't see him either, and I kept looking. *sigh* I hope he doesn't fall... LOL, but we all know he will. :rolleyes: IT'S RYAN. If there is a hole twelve miles away, TPTB will have him trip and fall in it. :shifty:

He has a very strong fan base. I would think nearly as much as Delko, so... they would be taking a hit. Actually, losing anyone would be hard right now, especially with the new time slot. I personally wouldn't want to watch it without Ryan, or Natalia, but that's just me...

8. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

I think except Eric and H. Everyone will fall down Jesse was not in the promo and Ryan not and I think calleigh wasn't to but of that I'm not sure.
    5 days until episode, for me 6 (it's 4 in the morning when it comes out here. xD)

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

:lol: Yeah. I've never understood what goes behind decisions that set up network schedules. Your dad's theory sounds about as logical a theory as appearances can explain.

All I can come up with is they do the fruit basket upset stuff to give the new shows the best chance for success by moving them into what they consider the best time slots.

I, personally, am looking forward to Hawaii Five-0. I LOVE Alex O'Loughlin :drool: and I think he's about due for a hit! He certainly has significantly more personality than Jack Lord ever did!

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You know, as contrived as that would be, I'd take it if it would bring Speedle back.

I'd also take a redo if Eric or Calleigh were the one who had accompanied Horatio that day and they took the bullet and croaked. I think the show would be a much better show today if Speed were still with us and one or both of them were gone!

11. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

After reading the TV Guide article, I am confused. Do they really treat experienced professional actors this way, leaving them to wonder if they are coming back? That doesn't sound very professional to me. Is that even allowed by their contracts or the union? I think it is all hype, and a lesser known actor will be leaving.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually, while it may sound weird, it is perfectly legal and professional and it happens very often. It definitely isn't the first time I hear such a thing. Actually I'm quite surprised it's the first time I hear this on CSI:Miami ;)

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Actually, I'm not convinced that it's altogether true. Saying that they don't know and haven't been told gives the actors the ability to dodge the question during hiatus (let's not forget we are talking about "actors" - they are used to "pretending") and it heightens the suspense factor for the show.

I have a feeling they know full well what's coming. There is no way TPTB are going to pull the rug out on an actor who has been with them for a long period of time without warning. They are going to want to give them an opportunity to start looking at their options.

The actor being able to say they don't know works for both them and the show.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  14. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Exactly MY thoughts, but wasn't quite sure how to say them. lol, it's early here! BUT yeah... I'm with you on this one. I don't think they would do that to someone and not leave options open with so many new shows starting next season and such... they could have already gotten another job lined up.

And please by all means correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end of S.6, wasn't everyone saying "We don't know if H is dead" and "We don't know who shot H"... AND spoilers pointed to a hint that.. 'a member of the team was in on it'? Then it left us with Ryan getting the text... AND when you think about it, there was a team member 'in on it'.. (Ryan was) but it's just that the 'it' wasn't murder, it was all just an undercover thing. Def NOT what they had us thinking at ALL! They had us in all directions EXCEPT that one!

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Certainly the question about H's fate was rethorical at the time, I might say since it was quite obvious that he couldn't die at the time.

The only real doubt I guess was wheather Ryan was the actualy responsible for H' shooting....again it was another rethorical question, but yep it was effective at the time since lots of people started believe Ryan was the shooter or, anyway, he was involved.

But since I was posting on this forum also at the time I'm gonna tell you it's slightly different since someone is really going to die...this time ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.