**Spoiler Lab** Season 8 - Hot Off The Magic City Presses!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like Miami where it is. I don't want it to move to 9 on Sundays (it'll be 9 my time) cause that's the same time Army Wives is on. :lol:

As for someone dying, we know from the other article that Horatio, Eric, Ryan, Jesse and Walter are most likely safe cause there were illuded things to Jesse's arc and learning more about Walter and Ryan was mentioned as well. So the only ones out of the main cast that I'd say we should worry about are the ladies. Natalia has hardly been used and Emily has mentioned being tired, so who knows at this point. I still think it could be a recurring character that they kill off though. Maybe Paula (we haven't seen her in forever though) or Cindy (the QD girl whom we only saw once this season) or the lady that got shot in "Hostage".

When Emily says she's got an 80% chance, does she mean 80% chance of being killed off or 80% chance of surviving?

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I holding out hope that Frank Tripp won't die. In the Cdn promo, he hands Horatio the note and I'm hoping he is outside when "They all fall down"

If they do kill Frank, I'm going to do my impression of Darth Vader from Revenge of the Sith

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I don't have the article, but from they way it was said I think they meant she has 80% chance of surviving....that, on from a communicative POV on TV stuff, is quite low I might add ;)

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

IMO, NY being moved to Friday nights seems more like the kiss of death for that show than Sunday being for Miami. But if they cut my favorite, I hope Miami dies a painful death:scream:

Which other article are you referring to? My biggest fear is for Ryan of course and I wouldn't mind reading it for reassurance.

Why do I get the impression this was only planted to keep us interested and talking over the summer:confused:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

All of the shows are or will plant something to keep us interested. Vegas has an article that states pretty much almost no one has renewed or been asked to renew their contracts yet.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just wanted to point those who wish to discuss CSI:Miami's newest timeslot to the thread dedicated to it (I suspect it'll garner a lot of attention). :) Thanks!

As for someone dying...since Eric and Horatio will be safe (according to Krystal Houghton), I'm suspecting it'll be either Calleigh, Natalia or Ryan. I don't necessarily see Walter or Jesse getting the axe as they're fresh meat and though fan reaction has been pretty split down the middle, I feel there is a lot of potential for both. Ann Donahue has also expressed interest in continuing Jesse's storyline (but we all know how reliable Ann Donahue is).

If I had to pick someone - given the chance -, I'd go with Calleigh. I haven't liked her character in a long time; she's been broken down so much and I feel as if the character is damaged beyond repair and it seems as though Emily might want to move on (based on the interviews she's given about her interior decorating business and plans of a family). If she doesn't, ah well, but I could do without the character. :/

I'd really hate to see Natalia go, though. She's grown on me quite a bit.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  7. GregNickRyanFan

I don't know what article it was, but someone else mentioned that the article mentioned Ryan and that it seemed like they would keep him on next season.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I don't want to get my hopes too high, but I totally agree with you. Though there's always a chance that it might be Ryan since given a possible Calleigh's departure Nat would be the only female on the show :shifty:. I'd really hate to see either Ryan or Natalia leave 'cause, so far, they're the best ones in the team along with Walter :lol:

9. GregNickRyanFan

I really don't think Ryan will be leaving. If they had wanted to get rid of him, I kind of feel like they would have done it in "Time Bomb". Even if someone does "die" that doesn't mean it'll be permanent. Eric died for a few minutes before he was revived.

If this is a gas leak or anything that would affect breathing, I'd be most worried about Calleigh with her current lung issues from the fires she's been in.

As for them only having one female, Vegas did it for a while after Riley left and until they added Wendy. Miami could do it for a while too.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you for reminding me the glory-moment I had that time :rolleyes::lol:

Also all the troubles Calleigh has been in, along with her ever-troubled relationship with Eric and Emily's interview lead me to think she will be the one saying "bye bye"....but then again I don't want to get my hopes too high :p

They could also could bring someone smarter and more professional than the new Calleigh or reinforce Nat's role in the lab :lol:

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I can't remember where I read it (I'll have to go looking), but apparently it's going to be poison in a letter, or several letters. I couldn't find it anywhere in the CSIFiles articles so it may have been a TVGuide thing.

ETA: redanemone's post about the latest issue of TVGuide.

If indeed they're poison letters, à la Anthrax, I'm not sure what kind of effect that would have on one's lungs as opposed to a gas or smoke. But lung issues or not, inhaling a poison probably wouldn't be the best thing to have happen anyway, lol.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  12. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

That's a really good point because I remember that the teaser for "Man Down" was that Eric was going to die....and he did-for 11 minutes. So, someone could die, but not permanently. Calleigh technically died in Backfire because her heart stopped and then was restarted. Maybe that will come back and bite her hard and she codes but could be brought back.

I don't think it's Emily because on Craig Fergusson she was talking about discussing season 9 with the showrunners.

Like you said, it could just be a gimmick to get us all excited to watch the season premiere.

13. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Makes you wonder if the writers have been watching Dallas reruns...how about this for an ending:

After Delko views all the bodies in the lab...the camera fades slowly to a view of the modern Miami Beachfront...as the camera pans in, we see two guys in lounge chairs, Corona in hand. One removes his sunglasses, stretches, looks over to his friend, and says, "Wow! I just had the wildest dream!"

"What happened?" his friend asks.

"I'll tell you about it later. You want another beer, Speedle?" :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

14. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

^^^ Funny, bill_az!!:rommie:

Given CSIM's track-record with overblown cliffies, I have a strong hunch that it'll be the mail delivery clerk who doesn't "get up.":guffaw: IMO, all of this "who survives?" stuff has just been put out there to make us nervous (and keep us interested) in the show over the summer so we'll be sure to tune in in the fall. I'm determined not to get sucked into this gimmick this time around, so I won't be spending the next 3 months biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my seat until Season 9 kicks off. I've been fooled too many times before.:lol:

I agree. I don't think Calleigh will be the one to go. Aside from Emily's comments on the Craig Ferguson show, I just don't see TPTB doing away with Calleigh at this point. As one of CSIM's original castmembers, she's one of the show's anchors, second only to Horatio, in my opinion. It's no secret that Emily brought many of her fans with her from West Wing to CSIM, and that quite a lot of folks actually started (and continue) to watch the show because they like Emily/Calleigh. Plus, I don't get the impression that her fan-base has diminished merely because her character has evolved over the years. In my view, the writers have "humanized" Calleigh over time, and have made her date/fall in love with a co-worker, developments that I think have made the character more, rather than less, relatable to audiences. So, IMO, the show would alienate a significant portion of its viewership if Calleigh were killed off at the end of this season.

That said, the fact remains that I firmly believe that all of the central CSIM characters will be returning next season. There's still so much untapped potential for many of the characters, like Natalia, Ryan and Frank, that I feel like we've barely scratched the surface. It would be a terrible waste if any of the core cast-members were to leave now. I'm going to stay optimistic and take this latest TV Guide missive with a huge grain of salt. We've seen this type of misleading hype too many times before to believe that it'll be any different this go-round.:shifty:

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I wouldn't dismiss Procter trying to say she thinks there is only an 80% chance of her character surviving as her way of getting attention the way Rodriguez did with his "tweets."

It creates publicity over the hiatus as well as an ego boost when everyone starts begging CBS to not kill Calleigh off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.