Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

So I don't know if any of you remember, but I wrote here one time that I only wanted Adam Rodriguez to get killed off. I CHANGE MY MIND. Someone please kill Emily Procter with him. Please. :rolleyes: After seeing the episode last night, I just wanted to jump inside the screen and choke both of them until they turn blue! :devil::evil: This romance is not helping the show at all. ( Not that I'm only noticing this now. ) Does every episode have to be about them? I know that they had to focus on Eric because this was sort of his "case" but the way the characters interacted with each other was so frustrating!

When they were searching Ryan's house and then Ryan arrived. Calleigh was all "I don't know". Really supportive! :rolleyes: And how stupid was Eric for telling Calleigh he was about to go court when he just passed by the crime lab! Come on, couldn't he wait until he was out of sight? I despise them. :shifty:

They killed Rebecca Nevins! I liked Nevins! Gaaaaah!

I was expecting a team moment at the end. They went through a lot that episode. They just found out that Eric was spying on them, Ryan almost got convicted, Nevin's died.. etc. But what do we get instead? E/C overlooking the view and Eric telling Calleigh that cheesy one-liner?! F**k it.

Sorry if I repeated what someone said. I just needed to express it in my words. Lol.

2. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

That's okay, CSI17. I think you spoke for many of us. The E/C crowd has definitely taken over the Time Bomb thread.

3. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

I checked out the Time Bomb thread, Jag Lady. You're right. It's flooded with E/C in there. It's sickening. Lol. I'm kidding. :lol: But I love love love the atmosphere in this thread! Woooooohhhoooo! ;) :guffaw:

P.S Why didn't they kill Eric instead? Why wasn't he the one standing near the car? It should have been E/C that was killed off. Danggit. :shifty: This is just to say that Rebecca Nevins will be missed. By me, especially. :lol: Any character but E/C! Even Stetler was cool. :cool: Too bad he got arrested.

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Sadly, I agree with both of you. Calleigh is looking much too old for Eric lately. "Cougar!" :guffaw: You could use that word to describe it! :lol:

She does look tired, ill, old. I'm not sure if one or all describe it.
    Some find Eric attractive. I don't and I never really have. And as Eric and Calleigh's characters have gone through their drastic destructions I've found them extremely unattractive physically. Kind of like the transformations you see in films of people who are supposed to be kind and good and then you find out that they are truly unkind and mean and the poison of their true personalities brings out their true looks and it's not pretty. It's hard to explain. But that's how they both appear to me at this point.

I think Jesse is extremely attractive and I think Horatio and Ryan are very attractive. I think Natalia is drop dead gorgeous and she needs to be brought to the front and allowed to be a major player here. She has proved that she is NOT tired and she has the integrity, professionalism and compassion to carry it!

As I said in the "Time Bomb" thread, I believe that Procter's statement regarding her chances of returning next season are nothing more than a ploy on her part to get her fans whipped into a frenzy and start a campaign like Rodriguez did last season to keep her character.

It serves two purposes. It generates publicity during the hiatus and it services her ego. Procter and Rodriguez are the only two actors on this show that seem to crave massive publicity.

Others may occassionally have the limelight pointed at them, but I think we can safely say that for the most part it is uninvited and definitely unwanted. With the current exception of Eva who is getting attention because she's getting married soon. And I find that totally understandable given what an amazingly beautiful bride she'll be and how personable she is.

Procter and Rodriguez have seemed to go after all the publicity they can get in any form they can get it in the last 3 or so years. Who knows, maybe TPTB have told them to do it. But there is such a thing as overkill and at this point it's turning negative. It makes them look like attention addicits (I refrained from using a more negative term ;)).

Not a problem, darlin'. A significant number of fans feel your pain! :( You're welcome to vent anytime!

5. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

I was wondering, did you guys like them before they become a couple? When they were cool individuals? ( Is that a correct term? Cool? ) Hahaha. ;) I wanna hear your thoughtssss.

Thank you, Delynn. :) I will be here again and again if this E/C crap continues to run CSI:Miami. :(

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I loved Calleigh in the beginning! One of the reasons I started watching CSI Miami was because of Procter. The first reason is because of Caruso. I've always been a big fan of his.

I thought Calleigh was fresh and different. She was strong and independent. She had integrity and professionalism surpassed only by Horatio. She was someone that Horatio could count on. She was focused and committed.

That all began to end in season 4 and stopped cold in season 5. We've heard any number of reasons behind why and I have my own beliefs, but the important part is it stopped.

All interaction between Horatio and Calleigh ended. We saw a 10 second scene once every 10 to 15 episodes and those were painful to watch. It was clear there was a significant problem behind the scenes.

Calleigh's focus shifted so that Eric and covering for him and his screwups became her only priority. Screw the job and anyone else on the team. And if that meant she threw her values down the toilet, didn't seem to give her a minutes pause.

Eric was always less than a valuable member of the team in my book. He was unprofessional and coddled, babied and protected by the rest of the team. It got worse after Horatio married his sister and the after Eric was shot in the head. It was pathetic to watch and completely unbelievable that any law enforcement agency would retain someone so incompetent.

So while I adored Calleigh at the start, I can't say that Eric was ever a favorite of mine. It was painful to watch the destruction of such a strong and vibrant female character.

You actually might want to visit the thread that started this all. There is some very, very interesting posts there. Mjszud starting the "dislike" thread is actually what brought me out of "lurkdom" and gave me the push I needed to post. She touched on a topic that was near and dear to me and I'll always be grateful to her.

It can be found at:

http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=58069

No problem, sweetie. As I said, we know the pain. ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  7. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Thank you once again, Delynn! :) You rock! :lol: ;) I will start reading the old thread tonight! :lol:

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

While I kinda agree with you that it was wrtitten to be more about Eric's investigation, I sure as hell find disrespectful for the show to open an episode like that with Calleigh concerned for Eric's safety, when we all know he can't die :)rolleyes:) while there was a dead person in the middle of nowhere. I don't know I liked Rebecca too much to see her die like an animal....because that's how she died!!!!! Simply disgusting, to me!

Glad I'm not the only one who liked her 'cause I liked her...a lot!!! She probably was one of the most honest and smartest attorneys this show has ever had!!!! I don't care about what people might say about the fact she wanted Kyle in jail 'cause at the time I so would have enjoyed a character like him to spend the rest of his life in jail.....not to mention that her career got destryed by Eric & Calleigh and their famous cheat sheet which blew up her case!!!! If I had been her, I so would have tried and killed them at the time!! :lol:

I still can't get over the idea that while Rebecca died like an animal, Eric and Calleigh saved their sorry asses while arguing...thank god they didn't make out in front of the dead body just to thank god they were alive. I swear next time TPTB are gonna head to something disgusting like this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

People in this thread and, I think, also in the rest of the forum know how I really used to like Emily Procter and Calleigh Duquesne. I also mentioned more than once why I did like her: she got lucky to play one of those strong women TV had been creating back in 2000: "The Pretender", "Alias" and even CSI come to my mind. She was even luckier because her character was happy, cheerful....that was what made me fall in love with her character 'cause it was the perfection at the time. So yep I did love her character and I liked Emily Procter as an actress a lot....I think most of the people in here can confirm it.
    The whole E/C crap and Emily's last interviews have done nothing else than disappoint me and I guess it's something I will never get over 'cause some of her words have truely spoiled me both as a person and, above all, a fan of her and the whole show.

Eric and Adam are completely different story. I never liked Eric Delko as a character, I always thought he was some kind of disgusting womanizer (though Adam was really hot till s5 :drool:). s4 kinda made me think he was becoming mature, because of the whole Marisol's storyline (though I wanted Marisol to die ASAP because I never liked her storyline, I thought it was insulting), but then TPTB got the brilliant idea to shoot him in the brain and to write only dramatic storylines for his characters along with the romance. Well that definitely isn't Adam's piece of cake, I might add...and it both destroyed Eric and Adam's reputation. My idea of Adam worsened with his return...especially the way he came back, so I won't add anything else 'cause I really am tired to read posts complaining about this idea I have of Adam 'cause I will never change it and I will always find ALL OF THIS both disrespectful and insulting....no matter wheather you're a fan or not!!! :shifty:

I think I've said it all ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Written, but not hyped up that way. This was supposed to be Horatio's ultimate betrayal. Yes, Eric was involved in the investigation & found some info, but my expectation was to see how it effected Horatio more.
    The entire focus was on Eric and how Calleigh felt about that -- had I known it would be that way I wouldn't have even bothered to watch.

They said that the team who remained would be even stronger.....and thier idea of "team strength" is showing Ryan walk away, Horatio walk the other direction, & then Eric and Calleigh standing alone together. Yep. Great way of showing team spirit there TPTB :rolleyes:

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree. Not only is the "team" broken - apparently irreparably so - so, it would stongly appear, is the fandom of this show.

Hope TPTB are proud of all they've accomplished.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

MJ, you're right. I forgot about the hype being that this would affect Horatio very badly. We saw very little of that. Horatio didn't have as much screentime as the leading male should either.

13. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Apparently they are proud, seeing that they keep throwing this crap in our faces. :rolleyes:

14. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Yes, I too loved the old Calleigh and the old Delko. Both were smart, talented, and multidimensional characters. Both were very professional and could do a lot of things. Did you know the old Calleigh could speak fluent Spanish? The old Delko flew helicopters?

15. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Ah the old sassy Calleigh and the old player Delko ... how I miss them. :(

IMO, Delko became irrelevant when Speed was killed b/c they made a good team, unlike this stupid H/Delko "bromance" and E/C "nomance" we have to endure. :p Delko and Speed were buddies and AR and RC played well off each other. Throw Calleigh in the mix and you had a fun team that had good and smart interaction with each other. We have that now with Jesse, Ryan and Walter, so Delko isn't really needed anymore except to have someone that looks wounded and confused all the time. Bleh.

Why TPTB decided that Delko had to start hating on Ryan back in S3-4 is beyond me. All it did was make Delko look like a jerk - a role he hasn't really relinquished as far as I'm concerned.

I thought I read somewhere that one of the producers said some of the people who "fall down" in the finale won't get up next season. If that's the case, please let one of those people be Calleigh. She's been dead to me a long time anyway.