Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

It's definitely a picture I can get behind.

When I posted in the Episode thread, I was being tactful. What I really wanted to say that "it could have been the best episode of the season without that juvenile revolting mess of a nomance between two people with the maturity level of a chick pea totally overshadowing three great acting performance by David Caruso, Jonathan Togo and David Lee Smith". God, I was so mad. Another example of not giving another talented actor Jonathan Togo his moment in the sun. No no no we can't let that happen, we might miss a sicky sweet moment BARF!!!!!!

Did anyone else besides me get the impression by Calleigh's smile that she was going to make Eric pay and pay and pay for lying and holding back on her? :rolleyes: The Eric and Calleigh Show definitely:scream:

I'll provide the chum and blood to attract those sharks.:scream::(

I would have loved a scene where the whole team went out and raised a toast to Rebecca or someone checked up on H or everyone reached out to Ryan. This last scene showed me again this is their world and everyone else is just a supporting player.

Maybe she was worried that someone in the ADA's office would find out she's a screamer:lol:.

She and Ryan used to be so close and I was so mad at her reaction at his place. You could tell he was looking to her for reassurance and all she could do as glare at Eric. She wasn't concerned about Ryan, how this could ruin his career and life or that they were investigating the death of at the very least Eric's boss let alone H's ex. The old Calleigh would have told him not to worry and they would find out what is going on, but all she can see is how SHE is affected and her love muffin held back on her.

What irritated me is when she had to talk to him about them. She never should have been in that SUV having a conversation better suited for off the clock and at home. But professional is not a word to describe Calleigh lately.

Same here and this proves this nomance is completely out of control.

This whole thing was about Eric. H kept referring to Eric nearly being assassinated and his ex WAS assassinated. It was NATALIA who came up with the idea to test for baterial DNA and ERIC gets all the credit!!:angryrazz:. The end, should have been a team moment but it showed the person most responsible for the problems in the team unity and his sweetie pie who has basically turned her back on everyone else for him:scream:

She was probably pouting somewhere. Disgusting:brickwall:

2. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I'm totally with ya there. I could watch "Kill Zone" repeatedly and never get bored with it. I'll have to check out your fics. Where are ya posting them?

That was definitely appropriate in my view. :lol: Full of win.

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Well, I finally watched it and to say that I was less than impressed is an understatement.

First of all, for all of those who complained about how much focus was placed on Jesse (and I voiced some concern in that area as well), where are those voices now that the show has turned into let's focus on Eric Delko, with special secondary focus on E/C hour?

My problem with that is I detest E/C (no secret there) and when they focus on any one thing to the exclusion of all the others. That, and while I joined with those who voiced concern about Jesse's increase presence, I like Jesse a whole hell of a lot more than I like Eric!

And someone please tell me what purpose Calleigh even serves anymore except as Eric's trophy dumb blond. She played no part whatsoever in the investigation itself. Her purpose seems to be to provide sex for Eric upon demand and nothing more. She is certainly the polar opposite of the strong, independent, professional woman we met 8 years ago.

She's actually gone from being one of the most beloved characters on the show to one of the more controversial and, in some fan factions, the most disliked.

They seem to be teaming Eric up with Horatio as a working team (and that doesn't thrill me either). So really. Where does that leave Calleigh? She only seems willing (or capable at this point) of working with Eric. So in the end, what good is she?

And Flo was right. Rick is handcuffed and walked away and Calleigh can only look at Eric! And what was she doing with Eric discussing personal issues while he was supposed to be tracing the GPS coordinates? In other words - he was working while she was focused on her personal agenda!

In one scene (right after the car blew up - with the dog crap sign hanging over her head - how appropriate :lol:) she was shown briefly doing her job. Other than that she was doing nothing but addressing personal issues for the entire show that should have been addressed off the clock. (At Ryan's house all she was doing was standing around - everyone else was working.)

She is dead weight at this point. And Eric is way beyond overkill with his screentime and they need to pull his ass back! Together they are killing everything that is good about this show. More and more people are beginning to lose hope that we will ever see the focus come back to the team - especially after it was made very clear WHO the focus will be on in season 9.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

What makes me laugh more than anything is that along with Ryan, Nat and Walter....a dead body like Rebecca was more interesting to see than the rest of the episode, which of course was Eric's show :lol:...let's not forget that Eric missed only one scene :rolleyes:

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You're right. I've actually come to dislike him so much I find him physically unattractive to look at. :eek:

I truly found Rodriguez' acting lacking. Yelling and chewing up the scenery, or giving sick puppy dog looks to his sex partner, in every scene doesn't equate to good acting. Someone needs to explain subtlety to him.

Moving the show to Sunday night is not a good thing. It means that CBS knows the show can no longer be the strong powerhouse competitor it once was in the Monday night time slot. Some people can deny it all they want but Castle's increase in audience and the fact that they were actually beating CSI Miami in the overall ratings on an increasing basis got the attention of the network. It's an acknowlegment that CSI Miami is getting tired and the change of focus to all E/C isn't helping.

I hope they're prepared for the exodus of fans next season as not only the change in day affects the audience but as more and more realize that it's truly going to be a soap opera that equates to the "Eric Luvs Calleigh Hour" and not anything close to a true crime procedural with the class and above average storytelling of a real CSI drama.

I actually don't watch tv after 8:00 on Sunday nights as I'm focused on getting everything ready for the work-week ahead.

It will be interesting! I'm sure your take on this is directly related to how you feel about where the show is heading. Good luck to those who feel the show is improving!

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Seriously, Christina Chang was fare mor entertaining to watch when she had to turn over on that autopsy table (only thing she actually had to do in the whole episode LOL) than Adam during the whole episode, at least to me :lol:

Totally agree with you, though I feel it might even get worse for Miami...yet I can always be wrong :lol:

I really don't know if I'll be able to watch it since on Sunday evenings I have my shift on ambulances...but oh well I won't rip off my hair for this :lol:

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

No hair ripping for me either.
    I work a day/evening (to 11:30 PM) every other weekend rotation.That schedule also includes one weekend evening rotation. Back in season 2,I arranged my schedule so that I never missed Miami. I have not worked Monday evenings since then. I won't be changing or even try to change my schedule because of Miami moving to Sunday.There was a time when I would have never missed Miami.I will make an effort to look at the show if Jon and /or Eva has something going on,otherwise if I miss it,I miss it.I'll make no effort at all for E/C .

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Like several others of you have stated, I just don't see the chemistry. PLus, to be more blunt, Delko's treatment of Jake Berekly is getting old. He can't hide his jealously well at all can he?
    P.S. Glad you guys are going to save on ripping your hair lol. As a Cold Case fan (RIP),the delays of the show drived me nuts!

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

First of all, welcome on board Ninja0980 :beer:

Eric Delko is just immature, nothing else. Whenever he has to face Jake, he's always scared he'll get Calleigh, though it was quite clear that Jake Berkley doesn't even care about Calleigh...to me, dead or alive didn't make any difference as long as he survived since he is the one UC.
    The fact he keeps being jelous of Jake, he keeps testing Calleigh's trust as if it were a game is just disgusting. I won't even express myself on how Calleigh react 'cause that is even worse :rolleyes:

I've never pictured Eric Delko as a mature guy, he may have been such as during s4 only because of his sister, but then? He's just immature, selfish and for god's sake too damn lucky :lol:

10. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Oh my where to begin? First of all I agree with everything everyone has said.. Ok so here were my reactions to this absolutely "amazing" *:rolleyes:* episode:

- Ok an E/C opener? Come on... At least I found out where Calleigh came from, not that I was dying to find out. And let me get this straight, Eric a so called "CSI" does not notice the HUGE HUMMER following him with a CSI LOGO ON IT?! Jake is right, Eric could NEVER do undercover work. Then Calleigh follows him? Her whole life is torn because her so called lover lied to her. Oh yeah Calleigh, the world will end just because Eric lied to you. What will you do? God forbid you interact with your other COLLEAGUES.. *coughs* So Eric was saved because he wanted to continue his convo with Calleigh? Wow... Another reason why this nomance has crossed the line. Too bad Eric wasn't the one at the car lot with Calleigh and Rebecca was in the park.. That would have made my life. As the common expression goes: "hit two birds with one stone" or in this case 2 dumbbells with one car bomb. :rolleyes:.

- Ok I was really disappointed in the Ryan apartment scene. Ryan is being accused, and who is Calleigh looking at ERIC. And she SAYS NOTHING. The old calleigh would have offered support what does she do, sit back with her hands, look at her toes and wait for ERIC'S APPROVAL before she says anything.. Pathetic... Another reason why this nomance has corrupted one of my favorite characters.

- Ryan had to shake Eric's hand?! :wtf: I have complete respect for Ryan for doing this because I sure as hell wouldn't have. And what's Calleigh looking at, ERIC. Ok Ryan just got out of jail and she's just relieved to see Eric there. Jeez. Besides if it was between Eric and Ryan I definitely know who I'd be looking at. :lol:

- E/C ending.... What more can I say... The idea to have them clean up Ryan's apartment was brilliant (I can remember who thought of it first though... :alienblush:) and that should have been the ending. You know I was really disappointed with that... I mean they "polluted" the beginning is an ending really necessary too?! :rolleyes: So Calleigh went back to Eric. How many times is this man going to lie to her or do something stupid before she gets the royal message to move on.. The answer, she won't.. Because TPTB loves this so we're stuck with it forever... GREAT... Season 9, I'm definitely ready for you.. :rolleyes:

11. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

There are a LOT of things that should and should not have happened, Star Gazer. Besides that, we didn't see Horatio attending Rebecca's memorial. Remember in the old days, when H would be there for the funeral, especially since he'd dated her at one time?

Delko's not very good at countersurveillance. You can't tell me he didn't see that Hummer? And Calleigh didn't know NOT to drive a Hummer?

Rebecca Nevins never saw a Hummer either, did she?

Short of a major shakeup in TPTB, this is what you can look forward to in S9. Thanks but no thanks.

12. slower

slower Lab Technician

I had to post this here otherwise I would have been blasted back in the "Time Bomb" thread.

They whole exchange at the end of the episode was IMO still an unnecessary plug for the continuation of the story line that is causing some fans to leave in droves. And the proof is in the ratings. Mondays episode out did the competition, though and I don't believe it was b/c of Calleigh and Eric.

So if they are doing so good why the move to sunday night next season? There is some serious issues with this show that needs to be resolved and it needs to start with that overwhelming relationship. If tptb is so high on it, just tone it down; like they did to Jessie and his over-the-top storyline. I am sorry shippers, but not everyone except certain very vocal fans are for this romance.

I like to read the comments everyone makes after the episode has aired, but I can't stomach the gushing over this contrived, no chemistry, teenage sex romp.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think I will just stay out of that thread when they have an over abudance of E/C scenes. Otherwise the computer is going out-the-window.:lol:

13. alexa

alexa Witness

you can call me anything you want but i really dont get the point of the ending scene:wtf::wtf::wtf: someone knows?? tell me. really! and i'm not jus saying that because its E&C ...i really don't get the point.

to be honest...i also have to say that I didnt hear anything what they said! it is almost automatic for me lool when their talking i just stop listening to their conversation.

Then I began to notice how Calleigh seems to be increasingly(?) "old" for eric. and Eric seems to getting younger with the ages. its almost disgusting! loool at least for me! I made a very strange face when I noticed that.

14. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Would that make Calleigh a cougar? :wtf:

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

To be honest and as much as I hate to admit it, this episode was written to be more about Eric's investigation than anything else. So in a way it makes sense that he had the opening and ending scene. But at the same time, they could have added more to the ending scene with when Eric said he knew he'd have to do a lot to get back Cal's trust, if she'd just said "Well, let's start with helping Ryan put his apartment back together". Then Eric saying okay and then it showing the two of them along with Nat, H, Walter and Jesse (maybe even Frank) helping Ryan put things back together at his place. I just don't understand why they couldn't have ended it like that. It would still be partly about Eric, but it would be about Eric re-connecting with the team.