Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Random thought that hit me today: as much as I didn't want to see Lucy in the finale, one upside is that we might get a second chance to see the way Lindsay interacts with her, rather than just hearing about it (which might hint at whether it's Lucy that's the main cause of the change, or not ;)). I think I'd be interested in that, depending on how it's done; like if they manage to make it specifically a Lindsay-Lucy interaction, rather than tying it into DL. Also, it could be both cool and insightful, seeing how she makes the decision to leave Lucy with whoever they decide to leave her with -- I wonder if tptb'll remember that Lindsay has at least one relative in New York. Though to be fair, "Uncle Freddie" kind of sounded like a bachelor the one time he was mentioned, so might not be either ready or equipped to take care of a baby :lol:

...Of course, this is assuming Lucy is actually left with someone else, rather than brought along on vacation.

2. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

*points to chair at table* mind if I join you for a minute? I read through all the discussion about why Lindsay is different this year and realized that its true and I hadn't noticed it. If you don't mind another opinion:

I think she has been very good at distancing herself from the people involved in the crimes she is working because, with the exception of the mermaid girl from the country, they were not people she was invested in. It was more about the science than anything personal to her. Then the shooting occurred and it was Danny and it became personal in a big way in a hurry. I think this contributed to her becoming a bit darker and edgier. I wish we could have seen more of that. I have always liked Danny and Lindsay as a couple and liked seeing her be solidly in his corner, but it would have been great to see her change as it became personal rather than just science.

That is the only reason I would tolerate a kidnapping scene with Lucy. I would love to see her go all mama bear on him. Maya, I know you will find it funny but I think it would do her a world of good to let it all out.

Maya, where do you post your fanfiction? You seem to enjoy Lindsay so much I'd like to read something you wrote about her.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ :lol: LOL, definitely pull up a seat!

I agree with this a lot. I mean, I do think we've seen her get invested in some cases beyond what's required of her job (ie, "Boo", "Rush to Judgment", even "Live or Let Die" a little). But being personally affected by a case, to the degree where it shakes her long after the case is over? Yeah, we've only seen that happen with the mermaid case. She definitely seems to view cases (and the people involved in them) as scientific formulas that she has to work out/find the answers to, more than anything else. If Original CSI's earlier seasons had ever crossed over with NY, I could see her being Grissom's best student :lol:

Yeah, I can certainly believe that Danny's getting shot was a catalyst to shake her out of that mindset she has. I think it would've made her realize that cases involve real people, who could just as easily be her and/or someone she cares about. Maybe also made her realize that perps are real, unpredictable people as well, rather than just a puzzle to be easily solved (after all, Danny was shot for no real reason; those guys were just shooting up bars because they could. I think that kind of pointless motive would've blindsided Lindsay, though I wish they'd shown us that).

All those things could definitely make her darker and edgier as a cop and a person. I'm totally with you on wishing we could've seen the change from science to personal -- I've also noticed that this season, she's different from previous seasons in the way she's a little more about questioning the motives of perps and vics. Before, the motives used to take a backseat to the science/evidence with her.

I'm not sure that Danny being shot was the only catalyst, though -- it'd seem like too big of a coincidence that only hours before, Angell was killed in a way eerily similar to Lindsay's friends in Montana. If the reason Lindsay distances herself from cases is because, having been part of that murder case herself, she can't do her job when she's seeing cases as real people -- then I'd imagine Angell's death would've definitely changed her perspective on that. I doubt Lindsay and Angell ever exchanged more than ten words, but she was still someone Lindsay knew and worked with; she would've been someone real to Lindsay, which would automatically make the case a little more personal.

Oh, I'd definitely be up for seeing Lindsay go all mama-bear -- the image of her literally kicking Shane Casey off of a lighthouse is hilarious to me :lol: :lol: , but seeing that type of fierceness coming from her (because of Lucy) would be a strength I'd appreciate. And is possibly the only reason I'd want to see Lucy in the finale.

And I have my one fanfic up at FF.Net here. :) I haven't figured out how to write from her POV yet, but it's definitely fun writing about her :lol:

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I like what the two of you are talking about. I guess if Lucy was in danger because of Shane Casey, we would see a very different and interesting side of Lindsay. She wouldn't let a serial killer harm her child and I would love to see what she would do. Especially because her family has been in danger before and I guess no matter if it's because of Danny or Lucy or both, Lindsay would try whatever she can to step in. Kicking Casey of a lighthouse? Would rock! Btw, I put that into a spoiler tag because...isn't that all still spoiler here? Whatever, I want to see her kicking butts in the finale and if possible I would love to see her shoot Casey. That would also be something that would affect her as I guess she doesn't find it easy to shoot at people, even if it's a killer.

I also guess it's because of various reasons. We saw her stop for a moment as she saw the blood on the floor of the diner and there is no way in hell that this didn't remind her of what had happened to her friends in Montana. I like that they picked that little moment up and didn't forget but rather used it to refer to the past. Btw, I'm happy she mentioned it in the last episode that aired (the one with Hawkes). It's good her past isn't forgotten after a couple of seasons. So yeah, I guess a few things are responsible for her changes, but I guess the fact Danny was involved here was what affected Lindsay the most because like CSI Cupcake said, it wasn't about a suspect she had never seen before, someone she didn't have any connection with but her husband. Unfortunately we never saw what happened during that month (it was a month, right?) between season 5 and season 6 because I would have liked how she had acted during that time. I have to admit I love those changes. I love both Lindsays; the one from earlier seasons and the one she is now. I love to see characters change and not remain the way they were in the first episode all the time. It's interesting to watch.

About questioning motives, what Maya mentioned, to me it seems like she feels the wish to question cases that somehow are connected to her. In All Access she wondered how something like that could happen to Stella. In Stealing Home she didn't want to accept the fact that Vackner didn't want to answer her question why he had chosen Sarah. And now she does the same. It's really nice to watch.

OT: If you need any support because of her POV, let me know. :) I love to proof read. /OT

5. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Hey Maya !

Really enjoyed your fiction. I tought you really nailed Flack's inner toughts and interrogations about Lindsay. I also enjoyed how you incorporated several key moments of Lindsay's life (episodes) and major moments of the show.

While i was reading it, i suddenly had this vision of what could have been if somehow Lindsay and Flack had ended up together. Don't they say opposite attract !!

Well done !

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ LOL, thanks so much guys! :alienblush::lol:

On Casey and the finale... I'm kind of getting the feeling that it's going to play out a little like Hostage [something about it being written by one of the same writers who wrote "Hostage", plus all this focus on a specific character (or characters), then all those shots of the rest of the team in helicoptors and SWAT-ish getup, again reminiscent of Hostage].

So if this is going to play out with the others having to "ride to D/L/L's rescue" so to speak, Lindsay shooting Casey (either before or after they get there) could be cool. Odd, because she's pretty much the only one on the team who hasn't so much as fired a gun, let alone killed anyone -- but certainly interesting.
    Of course, if they go there and she actually kills him, I'd really hope they wouldn't just brush that under the rug, like they usually do with her storylines. I think killing someone would leave her with more than a little guilt (since I also think there's a reason she hasn't ever shot anyone -- it's not like she's never had the chance).

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/ask_a_native_anna_belknap_maine/

8. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Aww lovely interview. She sounds like a lovely, down to earth person :)

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Aww, I just saw this :lol: Thanks perlnoir, this was a fun read, loved it a lot. Damariscotta sounds a little like Erie, Pennsylvania, weirdly enough.

10. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Did anybody think that Anna looked much more at ease in "Vacation getaway" than Carmine. For some reason, he looked nervous and jittery. Even in the bunch of familly scenes that were thrown at us.

After the scene where Lindsay describes how she would get away with murdering Danny. Some people seem to think that Lindsay is psychotic or whatever. To me it shows, even if it was banter and meant as a joke, that she has a darker side. Lindsay, with Flack and Adam, remains, for me, one of the more complex character on the show.

I thought the finale was so so and disapointing, but there was at least this one glimmer of deeper meaning that at least gives me a little satisfaction.

11. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

And sorry for the double post !!!

I do think that the scene where she talks about the murder of Danny is one way of letting us know that she could be capable of shooting Casey.

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I thought Anna was great in that episode. Then again she is great in all episodes. ;) I like how many different sides we got to see of her in here.

Thank you for the interview! I was happy to read it. Unfortunately we don't get to see that many interviews with her, but I wish we did. I agree that she seems to be very down to earth. She's not one of those overdressed girlys. I especially love when she mentions her family. It was lovely to read and I hope she will do some more interviews.

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I've got to admit "Vacation Getaway" was not one of my favourite Lindsay-episodes :shifty: (or favourite episodes in general. Anna did great, but I just hate what they did to the characters in that ep, there was so much stupid going around and a lot of potential they blew. And I totally don't buy that the girl who pretty much makes a point of never being unprepared would agree to not bring a cellphone on a vacation [which is just asking to be caught unawares]). But she did have some moments that made me laugh :lol:

And I admit I'd wondered about that too, whether or not her joke at the beginning could be foreshadowing something that happens later in the story. (The premiere, presumably, since nothing happened in the finale.)

I'd be interested in seeing that, Lindsay shooting Shane Casey :p I remember thinking earlier that it wouldn't make sense for her to do that without being seriously messed up. But reflecting on that weird, slightly harder edge to her character this season, I think she could get over it a lot easier than she might have in the past (especially if she's still affected by the bar shooting, and takes the stance that any cost is worth protecting her family, even killing someone). I'd love it if that'swhat it's all been leading up to, or if they tie it in.:lol:

ETA: Not that I wouldn't love the darker edge to her character even without follow-up, because it's been one of the highlights of S6 (follow-up would just be the icing on the cake -- but completely awesome icing!). I agree, csinynut, she's one of my three favourite-beyond-favourite characters (along with Flack and Adam, whatdya know? :lol: ) because she's all dark and complex; she just hides it better than Sara Sidle :lol: I think that darker edge has gotten a tad more pronounced this season, and I'd love to see the show go somewhere cool with it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  14. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Is anyone else worried about Anna/Lindsay fate? After hearing that CBS seems to be cutting an actor per show. CSI is losing Wendy, CSI: Miami is losing Eddie, I just have this worry that their are going to be cutting Lindsay out since the finale is basicly already set up for an exit. Please tell me I'm crazy for thinking this.

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I don't think that they'll kill her off because of badget cuts.I think they will do it as last season when Linsay,Sid and Adam didn't appear in each episode.