**Spoiler Lab** Season 8 - Hot Off The Magic City Presses!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

In case you want to see the Canadian promo for "Time Bomb" here is the link:
    I've seen both promos and we Canadians as usual have the better one. :p
    BTW, it's not the best quality -sorry about that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUB_bSZp4xc

2. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Well, either we've watched this show for too long, or the writers are slightly predictable.

3. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Thanks for the Canadian promo! :D Always look forward to seeing it.. as it does show a lot more, typically!

The good thing about the US promo.. That scene with Ryan at the elevator. Looks INTENSE. like WHOA it's going to be so GOOD! I'm anxious!!!

THANKS. I found it. I think it is just trying to be sneaky-- Like I posted in the actual article thread. They said 'all our characters' NOT 'all our CSI's'. If it were a cSI, they wouldn't leave out that detail... Just my two cents...

4. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Well, after reading the article, I am trying to deal emotionally with the fact that the three newest and IMHO least favorite characters are signed on for next year. Oh well, I am going to have to try to like them or else give up. The fact that they talked about Ryan and how valuable a character he is hopefully means he will be returning. I can deal with anything as long as he is there! They didn't drop any clues about Calleigh or Frank, which leaves me wondering. I also am wondering if Yelina, being an important part of Horatio's life, may make an appearance again.

This statement frustrated me--"Look for big things, big story reveals, compelling story arcs from Walter Simmons in season nine and beyond!" Oh great, let's give Walter all the great storylines and forget about our beloved Ryan, who we know nothing about after 6 years. Thanks, writers.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  5. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

After reading the article, IMO there are only two possibilities of those who will leave the show: Calleigh or Natalia. To see Calleigh dead would interestingly develop Eric's character. And the writers are giving hints that their relationship is not safe. Ryan isn't going to leave the show - the way they talked about him in the interview suggests that he's staying. So... Cal or Nat?

Oh, just a quick prediction: Calleigh breaks up with Eric in 823 when she finds out he's a mole, then 824 ends with a scene of Eric holding Calleigh (both on the floor) - in 901 Calleigh dies saying "I love you" as her last words ;)

Horatio's personal betrayal will IMO be his old partner Sully involved both in stealing stuff from the lab AND assassinating Rebecca.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Please, while this is the Spoiler Lab, let's not run away with a case of who will die and such. As far as any of us know, it'll be like CSI:NY last season and everyone will be back with Rebecca Nevins (we already know she'll die next Monday) equating with Detective Angel. So the new guys have the press release....big deal. We know Adam is going to be full time next season and Emily has already stated on Craig Fergusson that she was talking to the showrunners about what could possibly happen for her character in season nine (why would she be doing that if she was going to leave?.

There's been NOTHING to suggest that Jon Togo or Eva LaRue are going anywhere. The lack of Eva's appearances this season were due to a prior commitment to the anniversary of her long-time soap opera anniversary story arc and she needed time off for that and the CSIM producers were kind enough to grant her that.

This is Spoiler Lab, not Specualtion and Panic Central.

7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

The producers were very kind to allow Eva the time off necessary to appear briefly on the soap the she previously starred in, All My Children.

However, that brief appearance by no means explains Natalia lengthy absense from CSI Miami. While there may indeed be a reasonable explanation for Eva/Natalia's absense, I'm hard pressed to believe that small appearances on All My Children is responsible.

Whatever the reason, hopefully Natalia is back and we'll see much more of her. She is simply much to talented and beautiful not to be seen much, much more than she has been!

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Spoilers are inevitably going to breed speculation -- that's the whole fun with getting early information about episodes, plot lines and character development.

The fact that we learned there was some sort of gas or event at the lab that causes everyone to pass out and we don't know who all wakes up next season (See the various interviews and articles in the Reference Page, this thread and on CSIFiles regarding the finale) leads some to believe their favourite might be in danger. TPTB do it on purpose to garner interest and keep people watching and speculating -- it's the nature of the beast for television. :)

Thanks for the promo -- haven't been able to catch it on TV yet.

So this is the episode where we have the genius serial killer who's leaving puzzles everywhere? Seems like with Eric's investigation, it's going to be a jam-packed episode. :) I'll reserve judgement on how awesomesauce this serial killer's supposed to be (Miami's notorious for watering down their baddies, but they've had a few good ones) but it looks to be an exciting finale.

9. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I agree, but maybe she had other, non-television related projects going on. I have been enjoying seeing her more recently in the past few episodes. I've been a fan of hers for years. I also like the fact that they haven't swept Natalia's hearing loss under the rug. Good for them to bring it out every now and again!

10. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I'm also excited for the final 2 episodes of this season ... It looks like there's going to be a lot of intrigue and tension ... the stuff that good crime dramas are made of!:lol: And while the Season 9 previews are certainly interesting, they're not going to keep me biting my nails over the summer. TPTB, esp. Dube & O'Brien, are notorious for giving fans over-hyped "sneak previews." :rolleyes: So, with that in mind, I'm not going to assume that a core character of CSIM won't make it back next season. For all we know, the person that "falls down" and doesn't get up will turn out to be some file clerk or junior lab tech. ;) I'm being a bit facetious, but believe me, with all the let-downs we've had in the past, I wouldn't put anything past the writers!:guffaw:

ec4evr, thanks for posting the link to the Canadian promo. As usual, it's longer and "juicier" than the US one. Next week's eppy looks like it's going to be something else! :thumbsup: I'm really looking forward to seeing how everything unfolds ...

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I didn't read the latest interview yet... but did they actually say that someone wouldn't get up? So far the way I've heard it is that we won't know if everyone gets back up until the premiere next season, which could mean that everyone will be fine. :lol: But yeah, if someone doesn't get back up, they might have to be taken to the hospital, but won't die. If it's a gas leak or something that would possibly affect breathing, then I would be worried for Calleigh considering her lung condition (and we know how much the writers seem to like putting Cal in the hospital- poor girl). But I doubt anyone in the main cast will die. Not getting back up could just mean they're so injured that they stay unconscious a while longer and have to be rushed to the hospital.

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Actually, what they said was, " ... not every one will get up. No one is safe." And as you correctly pointed out, that could mean any number of things!;):lol: It doesn't have to mean that someone dies. It may turn out that no-one actually dies, but that someone is so seriously injured that they can't "get up" on their own, and have to be taken to the hospital, where they'll recover. And then we'll all be left scratching our heads, wondering what all the fuss was about. (Sound like a familiar scenario?):guffaw: That's why I'm not going to be holding my breath for some dramatic character death ...

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Although I agree that Ryan isn't going anywhere, I will still be on pins and needles until I know Jon Togo is back for sure.

Frankly I don't want anyone to leave; each character brings something different to the show. As I stated in the Mommie Dearest thread that the last few episodes and the format used (having everyone working with everyone else and dividing the screentime the way that has been done) and maybe going to two cases per episode could keep everyone employed on the show:thumbsup:

Well, they may need someone is trouble again:rolleyes: I agree that Ryan needs a background!!

I concur. Why bring him back if that wasn't the case? I frankly didn't really trust him and I got the impression Eric really didn't either.

And don't forget the misleading promos! I think that is one of the biggest reasons that I take anything said with a grain of salt.

One would think we would have heard something by now.

14. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Hey guys! Just found this on TV guide.com...

Do you have any scoop on the betrayal on CSI: Miami? Do you know if anyone is leaving? — Jaison
    ADAM: Considering that Delko is now investigating a murder instead of just theft, it's a good bet that there will be serious consequences. "[The explosion] kicks Delko's investigation into overdrive," producer Krystal Houghton tells us. "Somebody involved in the theft dies, and somebody else's career is ruined."

SO personally, I don't take it as anyone else is going to die (or leave). If someone were leaving next season, with the way they like to hype, they probably would have thrown in something like 'now next season, that's a different story' ect ect...

Career ruined is the one who set up Ryan, obviously. I don't know what they will do with him/her, but being one of the ones who knows who it is, blows me away to think of how they're going to play it up... and what will be the after effects of it all! IDK if the person is leaving or not...

Makes me feel some better!!! :) Just thought I'd share.

15. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Thank you for sharing!

And I completely agree: TPTB are just overhyping everything that's going on because it's the end of the season. I think Rebecca is the only one who's going to die, and that the individual who sets Ryan up is the one who "betrays" Horatio, and will therefore have their career ruined. Obviously, setting up Ryan would be a very personal betrayal. Horatio trusts all of his CSIs, and Eric as well. Nobody on the team is acting the least bit suspicious. The only thing "fishy" was Walter's large deposit, but it would be too obvious for the writers to make him the betrayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.