The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

"Kids, when I was your age, we didn't have Ipods or mp3 players or YouTube. We had to get stoned and go to rock concerts!" (A front-row ticket at Madison Square Garden was $10)

Wow! No foil wrapper for Wrigley's gum? Guess foil wrappers are going the way of "The Handy Dime Pack". (Think that was five sticks of Wrigley gum for 10 cents)

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I haven't posted in here for such a long time, but I'm feeling the need. :lol: I'm training a new girl at work, and I just found out that I'm a year older than her father!! Cripes.

So then, she's a big Michael Jackson fan (she's all of 22), and she was saying how she loved his Dangerous album when she was FOUR years old. I said, "Wow...when I was like 6 or 7...." and I was going to say something about the Jackson 5 and their cartoon show and stuff, but she interrupts me and says, "Thriller?" :guffaw:

NO! I was not SIX when Thriller came out! I was in college! Yes, that's right. I'm a dinosaur. :rolleyes:

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

But I'm an older dinosaur :lol:

I just love it when you try to explain to the 'young' crowd something that you found fun or interesting when you were younger. Oh how times change :)

4. Smokey

Do I even need to add that today she complained that she's gained 4 pounds since she started working with us and has now "broken a hundred"?? :shifty:

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

she's 22 and only 100 pounds :eek: I sure as heck hope she's on the serious short side cause that jsut sounds too dangerous :eek:

and Smokey I hope you're setting her straight about the Nick/George pictures you have there. I hope she's appreciative of the lovely eye candy you have for her to stare at :)

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

LOL - I am not old -LOL

:guffaw:But as of late all check - out assistents(the ones you pay in stores) seems too young to do the job.:guffaw::guffaw:

Perhaps I should start wearing pink again....and cliny dresses.

Ok ....there is one for you.

What was the name of the guy in "Levi" washomatic cormercials in the 80s? It was a model who later on went on to do music?

He was into the laundry and took off his pants and then he sat down and read a paper.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I think that was Nick Kamen?

I AM NOT OLD EITHER, no matter what my birth certificate says. :lol:

It's funny, but I was looking at a picture of Joe Biden's son online yesterday and I forwarded it to a friend and said, "Can you believe this guy is only 2 years older than me?" He's 42, but something about his conservative hairstyle etc. makes him look older or something. He seriously looks at least 10 years older than me. Bizarre how differently people age... or maybe it's just our perception of it. ;)

Gone Daddy Gone came on the radio the other day (The Violent Femmes) and I looked at my 32 year old friend and said, can you believe I was rocking to this in high school? :p

8. Smokey

Yeah, she's pretty short. And thin, of course. Unfortunately we're not working at the location with the "Happy Place", but she's seen my birthday card where the girls copied the TV Guide pic. And as happens, that's my phone wall paper and she saw it and asked, "Is that the same guy?" :lol: Yup! :D

Oh yeah...and besides the fact that her dad is a year younger than I am, he has a cooler job! He's a bear trainer!! :eek:

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Thank you......precisly(?) that one....

I went to YT - land and found it next to the one with Brad Pitt. I had forgotten that one completely.
    I was wondering - and let see if we can find differencies in nations - When you are over 30, what do you do to have a good time? Do you drink and dance? Do you just go to the movies? What is "a night out for you"?

Oh....and how do you get new friends? Only work - collegues?

In my country adults "don´t" drink to they drop and hang out at disco´s.Unless they are single men then they hang around in bars/cafes.
    When one get "older:rolleyes:" It gets harder to make new friends as people are busy- doing their work and/or doing gardening.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I just hit the BIG 4-0 this year.:( And I'm feeling it. I think everybody ages differently BABA..Sadly, I'm one of those people who ages fast. I blame my daughter.

Anyways, I was walking with my daughter to catch a bus and ran into an old friend who said, "Wow your grey hair looks so good on you.":eek:

I started to get grey hair when I was 21.

After we said good bye to my friend, I turned to my daughter, who will be ten in two weeks, and asked her, "How bad is my grey hair.'

She looked at it and said, "It's not too bad mom. We can die it together."

FYI: My daughter was six months old when CSI Vegas hit the airways. :thumbsup:

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

hehe, i do - otherwise what's the point?!:guffaw::guffaw:

baba: good call on violent femmes :D

12. BabaOReilly

I hear THAT! Case in point- my "wino" Friday nights. I'm trying to figure out if the answer really IS at the bottom of a bottle of booze...? :lol:

Keeping in mind that I am a single gal- I have no responsibilities to anyone but myself- i.e. I can sleep in, etc. I'd like to be like Courtney Cox's character on Cougartown (except I don't have a child); she always fills her wine glass right to the top! :lol:

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

That's why your a cougar..you don't have a child..they age you.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

as elton said, when he was still good (miaow!) "my best friend lies in the bottom of a glass" :D

yeah, same here. well, apart from having a kid (which i don't and never will) and actually the whole cougar thing - i don't really have an interest in preying on younger men. or any men really!!:lol:

15. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I'm not a cougar either. I actually lean more towards guys my own age or slightly older. When you get past 50 though, I find the generation gap rears its ugly head. And I skew a little younger than my years in terms of my tastes in music, movies, etc... I just have no interest in hanging around and listening to Jimmy Buffet! :lol: