NCIS: Los Angeles

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by E/C Lover, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay I agree with GNRF that was totally unfair and totally compact.
    They were in LA the whole time, okay that we suspected, using Sudan to throw us off a bit.

But why intro Dom get us to like him for a few eps to kill him off, for the emotional impact? That would be just mean if that is the case. Not to mention while the tension and snipping among the group was good to see their human and don't just do. at the same time it kind of ticked me off on several parts. G always agreeing with Sam, without hearing Nate out just for the sake of all the ducks in a row, he had a point but... Ugg.

Okay see this is a pet peeve I have Sam says something its either done, or if someone says "what if" G jumps in as leader and automatically agree's with him barely considering anything else. I get their the stars of the show, but geez, Eric might have a good idea, Kensi might, even Nate.

As to Sam about Nates thought, I get he didn't want to hear if "Dom isn't alive" but even Nate wanted to be optimistic that he would live, he is also basically their shrink for missions (and them) he has to consider what they can not voice, Sam was emotional, he was invested, but while G recognized he was out of control, he had several times a little trouble reigning him in. If Sam would have had his way, they wouldn't have found Dom because they would have been in another country. This was good that G, said no we do it this way.

Then they shoot Dom, *gun shot, Fall to ground, die quicker then squashed bug* There was no emotional impact imo at all for the fans who have been hoping that he would be found. I would have loved to see them get the video, quickly do the other parts (trace everyone), emotional parts of the characters, and then find dom, he is shot either have him die in flight, or at the hospital. Then show the group with the news sinking in with maybe a little subtle music in the back ground.

There better be a funeral or a referance to how one went or I will sorely be ticked off.

Okay then next up spoiler info.
    Source: Tvguide Online

I love NCIS: Los Angeles. Will we ever know Callen's first name?

ADAM: As luck would have it, that is one of the big mysteries to be addressed in the Callen-centric season finale. "We have this huge trail, and it leads us to some potential answers about Callen's past and who he is," Barrett Foa tells us, though I wouldn't bet on getting all your questions answered this season. "We do get closer to it, and I think the fans will be satiated in some way." Foa also says the ops center will be seriously compromised, and that the breach will create major headaches for Eric.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So, if everyone had to guess what do you think Callen's first name is? We know it starts with G. The first thing that pops into my head is Greg. I don't know why, but that's what I've been thinking since the show started. :lol:

3. Anna P

Anna P Witness

George, Geofferry, Giles, Gaylord?

4. Destiny

Hmm Callen (now we have to think like the writers) will G be his first name, or will it be part of a middle name. These writers are sneaky LOL.

Gabriel, Gage, Gavin, Grant.

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

^ I read someone suggesting Gabriel before to go with Callen being an Irish surname and it seems to fit quite well. I kind of like the mystery of not knowing though.

I have a feeling when we finally get 'Found' in the UK I will cry! I'm so sad they had Dom die. That might change when I actually see the episode but he was sweet and I hope they keep his alien thingy.

Hopefully Vance doesn't accept Hetty's resignation. The show wouldn't be the same without her!! I love her interaction with the team, particularly with Callen.

It'll be interesting to see what part of Callen's past they delve into. Hopefully we don't suddenly get a mother, father and step-siblings out of the blue! I do want to see where they'll go with him though so I'm excited!

6. GregNickRyanFan

Gabriel! Duh! How could I forget that one. :lol: I did think of Gavin, Gunnar, Gage, Galen, Guy and George as well as Greg... but Gabe could work. I dunno... I thought of Giles too, but I doubt it's that. :lol:

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Press release for the season finale.

ep 24

Are Charlie O'Donnell and Lily O'Donnell Chris O'Donnell's kids? (Saw a pic on the Early show interview but I don't remember)

Susan

8. Destiny

Yes they are. He and his wife Caroline Fentress (a high school teacher) have five kids.

Lily O'Donnell (b. 9-3-99), AGE 10
    Christopher O'Donnell (b. 10-24-00), AGE 9
    Charles O'Donnell (b. 7-11-03), AGE 6
    Finley O'Donnell (b. 3-24-06), AGE 4
    Maeve O'Donnell (b. 12-10-07) AGE 2

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The latest episode "Found" was great! NCIS: LA rocks! It surely has found a different identity compared to the original NCIS. I like it when they trick us. What it seems to be is not what's really happening. I'm not a regularly watcher of this show but every time I watch, I'm amazed. Great work!

10. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Didn't Charlie play the little boy Callen thought was his son in the Jason Tedrow episode?

I assume Charlie and Lily will look quite alike so could Amy be Callen's sister?

We had 1.18 last night, can't remember the episode name but it was brilliant.

11. Destiny

Yes it was, The ep 1x12 "Past Lives" he played Michael Donnelly

1x18 "Blood brothers" - The team investigates the death of a Marine for a possible link between the military and the local gangs.

For those wondering here are three of Chris's kids with him and his wife at an event in 2008. Lily Age 8, Chip (Christopher) Age 7, & Charlie Age 5 with Mom & Dad. - Finley, 2, and Maeve Frances, 7 months were apparently to young.

12. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Aw what a lovely family. They sure have their work cut out with five kids! Wow.

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

From TVGuideMagazine.com's Ask Matt column on why they killed off Dom. It's really more like his opinion on why they did it ... basically give another one to the catch-all "creative decision".

-----

"Question: Can you tell me why they wrote off the character “Dom” after just one season on NCIS: LA. This past episode had him killed off. I liked his character.—Adela

Matt Roush: In cases like this, the “why” is usually the result of a creative decision. The show’s creator Shane Brennan has been quoted as saying that especially in a show’s first season, when you get past the marquee stars of the show, all bets are off as to who’s safe and who isn’t. Killing off a primary character is a way to keep the audience off guard and to remind us how high the stakes are. I’m generally OK with this policy as long as the death has true dramatic impact. Which, given your reaction, I’m assuming it did."

Susan

14. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Poor Dom :(

We had 1.19 'Hand-to-Hand' last night. I thought it was another really good episode but I'm not too sure how I feel about
    Deeks. At times I liked him (okay, I didn't like him until the end when he saved Sam) and at other times (most of the time he was on screen...) I didn't like him!

How do you guys feel about him?

15. GregNickRyanFan

I like Deeks. Of course it helps that he's cute. :lol: