Grade 'Rest in Peace, Marina Garito'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 7, 2010.

?

How would you grade Rest in Peace, Marina Garito?

1. A+

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. A

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. B-

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. C+

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  9. C-

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I liked this episode. I guess I'm just happy to see a new episode after all those weeks of repeats.

The dream sequence in the beginning was kind of neat. The "interview" scenes with Maria seemed like something just to fill time, even though it they did explain which way the story was going.

Still wondering what happened to Stella in the pool. Did he stab her or something. Why did he even bother attacking her when he could have gotten away?

Was that Danny's badge in the passport or Flack's?

Still not sure if I like Aubrey or not. She seems like a smart lady though.

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I agree about obnoxious Lindsey!!:lol: She has to make such a big deal out of her findings.. everyone must gather to be demonstrated too, of the marvelous wizardery of Merlin Monroe:rolleyes:

oops! Gotta disagree there! All that was missing was the kiss goodnight!:drool:
    That scene gets an A+:p....Cant help it they keep sucking me back in!!:lol:

Maybe that is the reason for my jovial spirit...naw it was definitely the nighty night tuck!!!:lol:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah he sounded really sick! poor boy :)

oh god that really annoyed me as well - grrr...

yeah, me too!

speaking as a feminist yes, i totally agree, all too often we see women undermined by some perceived need to be protected by the big strong man. that said, from a more mac-fangirl perspective, i did think it was really cute, maybe i was just a little jealous ;) also it was very obviously a friendly gesture (nb *friend*ly, nothing more!)

overall on this ep, hmm, well basically i was underwhelmed. there were bits of it that i really liked, namely:

adam hitting on aubrey, that made me chuckle.

mac & aubrey's discussion in his office - even though he sounded like someone should be tucking *him* into bed with a mug of lemsip (haha i'm volunteering! :D ), it was nice to see them establish more of a connection between them, and there's obviously (to me anyway) a chemistry there, so i think it's a promising scenario, so long as they don't go too all out with it and try to make it the A case.

flack's discussion with stella in the apartment about not always being able to help, and later his phonecall to the guy who called him regularly - i really liked that, it was just kind of a reminder that not all police work is guns and chases, and that there's an element of empathy as well.

oddly, lindsay's big deal over her evidence - i'm not really a massive lindsay fan, but i liked her in s2 when she was a bit more ballsy, and it was nice to see a bit of that again, even if it was in a somewhat obnoxious manner. it could've been done a bit less irritatingly but it was good to see lindsay showing that she can do the job instead of just reminding us she's married to danny (although danny did that later so...)

hawkes' pep talk to sid - hawkes really has turned into something of a life coach this season and the other times it's annoyed me but this time he was just right.

i liked the interactions between stella and sid too - i felt quite sorry for him when she went off on one about the autopsy but the apology chat was nice.

the bits i didn't like were, well, the rest of it really. those monologues and dream sequences were (a) just awful and (b) distracting, they took away from the case big time.

also it bothered me that i worked out who'd dun it waaay before they did, i think it was the first time she mentioned that her mother had remarried - i thought "oh, well it was the stepdad then, obviously" - it would've been nice to be kept guessing a bit longer.

so yeah, i wasn't a fan. a couple of nice moments interspersed within a lot of drivel. oh dear... i think this is probably the lowest grade i've ever given, it's a C-. ouch.

4. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

I give it an A. Can I help it? It was scary. I know, I know, childish reason. Some of it was good suspense, though. :D

Personally, I cannot help but stare at Mac's interactions with his ladies. Yes, Aubrey and Stella. Help me. :lol:

5. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I liked the main story. I know, a lot of people want more minor characters with bigger storylines, but MK is such a wonderful actor, I love when she gets lots of face time. And I especially enjoy when she and GS play off each other. They do it so well.

It's a good thing cradle robbing isn't a crime in NY or Mac would be out of a job. What is it with Jerry Bruckheimer and his insistence on pairing up forty - or fifty-something male leads with twenty-something females? Nothing like perpetuating stereotypes! Or perhaps it's wishful thinking on his part? :lol: Luckily, I watched this episode “on demand” so I just fast-forwarded past Mac’s and Aubrey’s long scene. I’m pretty sure they’re just using her as a lead-in to Peyton’s return, anyway.

I gave the episode a B because I feel the whole Aubrey thing is, and is going to be, so distracting. Had they stuck to crime solving, I would have given it an A.

I’m finding what I love best about the show is when Mac and Stella parry over a case. It seems so natural, like you'd find between two people who've worked together closely for a long time. They’re both such fine actors that I find myself involved in those scenes, then look up at the clock and think “Where did the time go?” I guess that’s probably the aim of most tv series, so I have to give them credit for succeeding in that.

6. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

woah! I take offense! Maybe use better wording next time! :wtf:
    Thought we were not allowed to bash other characters, correct me if I'm wrong!

All in all.... average episode.
    Loved SMacked scenes :thumbsup:

B-

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hmmm. Interesting. Seems that a new episode in better than a month didn't appease many. I think I'm one who liked it better than most here seemed to :).

I get the feeling this is gonna be a bit long. A) it's my curse, and B) in keeping track of the hour I suppose I'm being as methodical as it was :p.

I liked the teaser a lot. Not just for the show, but for how it was in one sense the spoiler turned on its head :lol:. All the talk after the clip was available, and the car crash was just a dream... I got sucked in :lol:. I loved the opening, no dialogue, only sound, rainy, gritty grainy light, patched movement, dark, and that balloon. I was kind of suspicious, in wondering why a crime scene a CSI was visiting hadn't been cleared by responding officers. And then Stella was soooooo focused in her pursuit of the killer that she was blindsided... (Noooo, not hinting at anything at all, that :p). I was taken aback in realizing the car chase was about to lead into the big crash, and wondered equally what temporal storytelling would reconcile Stella being injured at the outset of an ep. And then Marina appeared, rather ominously I first thought. And then she vanished, and Stella... woke up :lol: And I said, "you... you bastards :lol:" Got me.

The hour wasn't inundated with an overt score, thought it fit rather well overall. It took until act 2 for the usual horns on cuts crap to surface again. Well, whaddayado. Liked the Liberty shots starting the first segment. The show was very methodical in setting up case, or what they'd thought was the lack of one, and it was also interesting to have that done without Stella there, to have her on the outside and distracted with her own internal rumblings. Her rumblings and the lack of a case met and because it's made such a prominent return of late, *bo0m*.

Was delighted to see Sid back. I actually liked the confrontation between Stella and Sid. And by that I mean it was good for the story and well played by Melina and Bob Joy. I thought Sid was both unaccustomed to being questioned in quite that way, but also had a dignity in the disagreement that matched Stella's unfocused and yet to be explained indignation. We later find out the disappointment Sid also felt, and the history both he and Melina had with Marina. I think I also noted that Sid had called Stella himself when Marina came in - and so to butt heads after that must have shaken him all the more. It did, because it also gave us another example in the realm of fantastic Sid/Sheldon interaction. I absolutely luvs scenes these two have together :bolian:.

Wasn't sure initially, but I came to like the pretense that Marina, though dead, was not just a haunting presence for Stella but given her own voice in the show. I thought the casting was excellent, and the actress was great. Thought the writing for her dialogue in particular was excellent, and actually, that most of the dialogue and interaction between all characters in this episode was solid. Very refreshing.

I also wasn't as offput by Stella as others were. I also don't need to always like all that characters are doing and how they go about it to think it works well for the story, in fact makes the story. That's also something that makes them human, and not just Types to be adored. The show continued to be clear and methodical in explaining not only Marina's story but why they were not in a position to investigate. Stella not only against Sid, but also Sheldon, and Danny, and Lindsay, and apparently all common reason :lol:. Ya need evidence to get evidence, as Messer so aptly summed it up. The fuzzy one, not the not quite believably placating and irksome other half. The show was sooooooo methodical, however, that it wasn't until act 2, ie. nearly halfway thru the hour, that it could actually move forward.

...Dr. Aubrey Hunter says yer welcome, btw, and my what lovely labs you have here :p. What's in the bag? It was what prompted Aubrey to bring the bag in the first place that got things moving again. Will come back to that. But first. A brief moment must be devoted to the following.

Speaking of adorable types. Adam. :lol:. Adam and Aubrey, fantastic scene, and a great, fun way to broaden her use in a minute that had nothing to do with hospitals or the usual ways one might expect to be contrived to have her involved in a case. It also had her interacting with people other than just Mac. I thought it was both funny as hell, and very well played by both. I thought it was smart, and smartly put together by the writers too. It would also seem that Adam's not particularly pining for Stella in any obvious way :p, and that he seems to have a bit of a thing for, well, not older women, but women older than him, let's say :lol:. Why shouldn't it go both ways :lol:.

I thought Aubrey and Mac's interaction was also fun, was also in service of the story, and that what was shown rather than said (refreshing in itself) in service to hinting at things developing between them. The bruha over a character who's had a grand total of about five minutes airtime spread across a two episode appearance is rather amusing. I like Aubrey. The show's been restrained and careful with this so far. I don't know how the writing of the upcoming Bermuda Triangle will sway that, but I like her. Five minutes + bruha has me liking her all the more :p. What can I say ;). Additionally. The show, and possibly viewers, esp. with all the lulls, have needed some shaking up. Like it or loathe it, or throwing things in outraged indifference, just about everyone has an opinion.

Right. The Reason Behind The Bag. This week's Curvature Of Lettuce. Its Linguistic Shiny. ... ~ "Cadaveric Spasm." ~ Ta daaaaah. Cadaveric Spasm gets Stella and Flack into Marina's apartment. Where they have a great personal exchange. ...that was overheard by the step-father in the closet. Now that's a plot coinkidink if there ever was :shifty::p. The fact that Flack and Stella's exchange was so good was countered in how odd and ...intrusive, I suppose a good word would be, how intrusive it was to realize that the guy had been there throughout.

Mirroring her dream, Stella was on the chase again, except Tony was hiding where Luke had been. (Noooo. Not hinting at anything at all, that :p. Wait. Deja vu. Spooky :p). So that set up the infamous chase, ActionFlack and PerilBonasera, both fulfilling their respective roles. The underwater sequence was impressive, the whack of Stella's head made me wince. Was also a gratuitous, and what did it get us, "omgwillStelladietwiceinoneepisode? ImeanIknozshe'srlytoughbut..." No, course Stella won't drown, not when someone else can save her. That and the floating yellow thingy. Which, btw, I was impressed Stella somehow noticed during the struggle.

Liked the structure again, act 3 started with a concussed Stella, close up, and Marina back again. The bit about her and her brother being twins, and how she was a reminder of his absence was another moving moment. Tough As Nails Stella also was another occasion to have Aubrey present, this time in hospital context, with another simple and not overplayed moment. A lovely brief smile with Mac after having treated Stella and she was off again. Not in the least an over-imposed presence. There followed a more typical brief banter between Mac and Stella as neither is the kind who would voluntarily accept Sick Leave. So, two thirds of the way thru, and it was pointed out that it still wasn't proven that Marina was murdered. Although most viewers had probably made their guess by this point, the hour was less about who, than how the team got there. The whole hour was spent trying to find ways to substantiate what they couldn't prove but thought they knew.

Brings us to Hawkes and Sid. Did I say already that I love scenes with these two? Yah, I think I did. Bears repeating though :D. "...Sid, you ...brought me down here to confirm your discovery of a rash??" :lol:. Sheldon was his usual supportive and practical self in trying to allay Sid's self-doubt and second guessing. Was a very good scene. And one of three that Sid stood out in, the last being Stella's late return. And I will agree with Hill here. "We're not always right, but not always because we're wrong" was a good line, and as I'd hoped, proved to be better in context.

So. The pivot point here was the fast food the camera held such fascination with earlier on. Shake Shack trickling all over the carpet, fries scattered. And if Flack's disdain wasn't enough of a clue of the food's pedigree, a scorched foam wizzle was mistaken for a french fry (and probably vice versa :p). ...When Lindsay was going off on her "I'm About To Be Brilliant" preface with Sheldon, I'd thought I'd heard her say "...and tell Adam to bring his pillow - ...Adam has a favorite pillow at work? :lol: And the foam fry proves, finally, that Marina was murdered. Curious enough that I wonder (and doubt) that a foam fry would result from a pillow being used to muffle a gunshot, but hey, apparently that "hammer in a treetrunk" thing in a Vegas ep last year was based on a truth that was stranger than fiction :lol:. I guess I'll grudgingly swallow the remote possibility, even if it feels like a Shake Shack Menu going down :lol:. Smoking bullet indeed.

Another brief Mac/Adam scene. By the time we had Danny processing the fabric, I realized how much of a team-based ep it felt like, despite Stella being the most effected. And yet. We cannot escape. For one. Single hour. That Danny and Lindsay are married. Whuzzat? Oi, Lindsay Messer. Over the past month without a new episode (crammed with re-runs), we just might have had it slip our collective consciousness that Danny and Lindsay are together. Headdesk. Facepalm. NosePinch. Browrub. Long deep breath. And a *b0om* too, no less. Writers, I'm gonna hafta resort to quoting your Stella: "You guys are gonna hafta get to the razzle dazzle part..." ...cos that ain't it.

The pace had been fairly consistent as they compiled both the right to investigate and the proof to substantiate theories. But as it approached the final chapter, it was flagging. I musta been distracted, because the fabric stuff - um. Sorta fit. Sorta didn't care. Sorta didn't care either for the DL demo of it's wonders :lol:. Another installment of Marina talking of her step-father and speaking of witnessing her brother's murder, was nearly "I see dead people seeing dead people," repressed memories that explained (and somehow made extremely sad) the intervening decade and a half spent trying to find Luke. On a more serious note, I also felt a deep impact, to realize that Tony had killed both twins, fifteen years apart.

Very brief Danny/Flack scene. Sorry, kind of meh. Flack/Stella had more impact in this one. Did wonder briefly if Don had lent Danny his badge to pull off a near-unnecessary near-entrapment. They couldn't have arrested Tony without that? But hey, was a way to have a Danny/Flack scene.

Last grand reveal, that reading closure versus suicide is a matter of context - ie. Marina's suicide note wasn't.

The show closed with a sequence of scenes that felt as if they'd had half a dozen ideas and couldn't decide which would be best, and so included all of them. It did all feel a bit much.

Stella/Tony was pretty good. There was a helplessness or sense of pained futility in Stella, knowing then that Marina had found it in herself to move on despite realizing what Tony had done to Luke, and Stella also knowing what Tony had done subsequently to Marina, the hollow, bittered end of fifteen year saga that saw both twins dead.

Stella's scene with Sid was a great counterpoint to their earlier encounter, and was another of their more typical interaction that always speaks to me that they're long time friends and colleagues too who can push and pull with a certain elasticity.

The scene of Flack, calling up his "Marina Garito," couldn't decide if I liked that or not. I did, and ultimately it didn't feel too imposed, because of his earlier exchange with Stella. Was another opportunity for Eddie Cahill to play a bit different of a scene, one that showed, that though Flack may have donned a harder shell this year, just how much he still feels the work he does, deep down and shielded, and how much it still does impact him. He made a decision to open up to it again. Was nice to see. Mebbe it's a turning point for him too. Between Sid and Flack, the episode was also able to demonstrate the kind of hub character Stella is. The show could have easily ended after either of those scenes for me.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut. The writers and director were very structured and very methodical throughout the whole, and so, a desire for bookends was not unexpected. That would be Stella, no longer having nightmares, snoozing peaceably on her sofa. (...and I did think it was her couch in her office, not Mac's, just hadda say :lol:) The bit with Mac, only forgetting to turn out the lights on his way out of her office, was thoughtful and gentle, let's say, but on the other hand he shoulda woken her up and sent her home, giving her some time off to avoid Peril for a day or three :lol:. I do also hafta agree with the Review, pointing out the disturbing prevalence of seeing strong female characters taken down a peg or two, often thru even more disturbing devices. Yes, Stella got this focus in part because she has always been the strong, and strong-minded female lead of the show. Mebbe someday there will be a story more proactive in both how she's placed in her Recurrent Peril (I mean it's almost like a hobby for her), how she gets out of it, and who else she might be able to aid in theirs from time to time.

Marina also got a final scene, ...and I kept wondering when the show was gonna turn off it's own light :p. Just one more page, one more chapter, one more one more... I was only hoping that not each and every character was gonna get a coda. Thankfully, that was it. The show again could have ended with Marina, she'd been so moving and effective on her own. It felt an unsubtle rummaging thru one's chest cavity to search out heartstrings, with the final final final scene of the young twins, the imagery of the balloon, and a last nod to the opening dream sequence. > Could they have packed in any more to close the ep. With that accomplished, someone finally turned out the light, and for all I know, tucked us in as some had likely dozed off while all that was playing out :lol:

I liked the episode. I very much liked specific aspects of it, and was rather fidgety thru other parts. But on the whole thought it was a decent one. Worthy return after a month-long hiatus? Mebbe not. I think Redemptio will put paid to that. But not a let down either.

Call it ....hmmm. Above their average. B- , cos episodes I've thought were worse I've previously given a C+.

(</overlong review>)

PS psst.
    :lol: While I wholeheartedly take your point, especially about stereotypes, I might also point out that Mädchen Amick, the actress playing Aubrey is forty. Pardon me, 39. Whether or not Aubrey is supposed to be that age, I dunno :p.

Also. Just a non-specific-general-poke-at-no-one,-honestly-just-sayin. Melina (in two weeks) is 43. Whether Stella is supposed to be the same age, well I'm sure others have put far more analysis and thought into it than me :lol:. Some have suggested in the show's realm that Stella's supposed to be thirty-something, (however that's supposed to work). Sooooo. How is it that pairing Mac and Aubrey could be seen by some as eye-rolling in respect of relative ages but pairing Mac with Stella would be soooo fantabulistic?? :p

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  8. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

As far as the age thing. Gary is 55 irn real life. They have never mentioned his age on the show.

In real life Melina will be 42 this month. In season 5 during G F D it was stated that she was born in 1975 making her 34. This was when Peter Lencov was working on putting her together with Adam so they lowered her age to bring him closer to his. But them Pam desided to drop the story. Adam age has never been mentioned.

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i liked the confrontation too, i think it managed to bring out both their frustration with the situation - sid's obvious disappointment at ruling it suicide and the fact he was clearly rattled by stella's outburst but also totally sympathised with it was done well.
    i agree, it was nice to take aubrey out of her obviously defined roles as doctor and mac's laydee, but also it was quite nice to see her obvious enthusiasm at seeing the lab, which matched adam's obvious enthusiasm over, well, just about anything, it was a good pairing and it was a nice little bit of comic relief as well :)

agreed, so far they've kept it the right side of "on the side", as opposed to the main story. i really hope that continues. much as i adore mac (and i do adore him, haha paraphrasing peyton, that has to be bad), i don't want this triangle to take precedence over the main thrust of the show.

true - i thought the bruckheimer credit was about to appear a good 2-3 times before it actually did, that little montage was odd, every part of it felt like an ending but only one of them was....

yeah it was definitely the couch in her office. mac's is black, hers is red ;)

i know what you mean, sending her home probably would've been more sensible but after the repeated statements about how tired she was maybe he just figured it'd be better to let her get some sleep on a less than ideal couch than wake her up, and then by the time she got home she'd probably be wide awake again....

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

i thought his was red as well.... hmmm, going to have to do some "research" to refresh my memory ;) but regardless, his is just to the left of the door as you walk in, not off to the side...

eval:

overall, did not like this ep. don't get me wrong, i adored certain parts of it, but as a whole, i thought it was poorly put together. right, so to get the bad stuff out of the way...

- those monologues!!! *headdesk* they drove me nuts!!! it was obviously filler, and even though it served to fill in the back story, i would have preferred it (and it would have made more sense) to have it in the form of a flashback of when she first went in to the precinct and met up with stella. then if they wanted to include the whole 'repressed memory' thing (which i found hard to swallow/believe btw), have it written into that letter at the end and overlay Marina writing it with her voice reading it or something.... :rolleyes: basically almost any other way would have worked better than those interrupting, annoying monologue bits..

- the stella focus. i hate to put it that way because i think the idea was good, but again, it was poorly executed. call me sensitive or touchy or whatever, but i had a big problem with this whole thing playing off a woman's emotional hunch. i mean, come on, can it get any more cliche?! and then have her half-drowned and knocked out? and that whole altercation in the pool.... come on, i know it's hard to fight in the water but seriously, just trying to reach her gun and basically flailing?!! and then she turns her back to her attacker?!!!! *tries to push rising irritation down*

- non-use of mac. again, it sounds decidedly odd to put it that way, but what exactly did he actually do in the case? essentially zilch as far as my 2 day old memory can recall. now while i loved him to pieces in the scenes which he had, and melted over the glimpses of gary brilliance in aubrey-at-the-lab part, his character had no functional purpose to the case whatsoever. since when has mac been essentially reduced to an emotional supportive 'there, there' role?! *frustrated*

- the complete weakness of the case and being bashed over the head. there was so actually so little to the case itself, that not only did we have to have annoying monologue filler and a dream, but apparently ours and adam's IQ have to magically plummet as well. again i liked the idea of lindsey putting the evidence together and doing her job, but it was so poorly written i was cringing the whole time. seriously, you have to get every single person together for a simple shoot-through-a-pillow demonstration?! and explain that GSR stands for Gun Shot Residue?! just say 'gun shot residue' then, don't abbreviate and then elaborate!! and since when did Adam lose intelligence just that we (who have already figured it out btw) 'understand'. besides, i have a really hard time swallowing the plausibility of a perfect wedge of foam being shot out of a pillow and conveniently being hidden in plain sight by french fries.....

so now the good parts (there really were some, i promise! :p)

- flack and stella conversation. i loved this interaction!! in part because it showed an intrinsic connectivity between them, and because it brought a certain level of understanding and knowledge to flack able only to gained by years of experience. i dunno, i hate to put it this way, but it brought a certain sweet, sad, accepting maturity to him that was so perfect!!:adore:

- adam and aubrey. best.part.ever!!!! :guffaw::guffaw: i absolutely love it anyway whenever adam and mac are in the same scene, there's just something about adam that elicits reactions from mac that no one else can (i love those incredulous 'adam, really?' looks he gives him!!:lol:) and vice versa. i was snickering so bad the whole time he was flirting with aubrey in anticipation!!! :lol:

- mac and aubrey in his office. i about died with meltiness and envy at the look on his face when she told him she was in Afgahnistan as an Air Force Reserve dr.

- hawkes and sid. it was really nice to see hawkes reassuring his mentor/teacher/trainer, and it was also nice to be given a glimpse into an undocumented part of their mutual past.

- oh, i did like the end with mac pulling the blanket over stella, if nothing else for again, cue envy!!! ;)

so there you have it. while there parts i loved about it, even those bits were made good by the excellent acting that really was there in this ep, and that with those isolated islands of decent writing basically salvaged what would otherwise have an almost intolerable episode, and brought my grade up from a 'D' to a 'C'.

*sigh* it's a crime show, get away from emotion saturated stuff. it obviously has to be incorporated for it to have life, but for god's sake, don't make it the 100% focus again.... please.......... for example, next week really does look awesome!!! :D *crosses fingers* <-- because if we have another ep like this, i'll feel like shooting the tv...... and it's not even the tv's fault!!! :p

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

HA HA Agreed with the bruha ha! (Not with the liking part though!:p)If it wasnt for all of the off air speculation she might not have risen to such great status! Actually her self sufficient air can be deemed abit admirable if you will, but I have never been subject to groveling over a quality most females possess without having to point it out. Although the suggestion of relationship has indeed been miniscule, the forwardness of letter writing (clever as it was:))and self injection into Macs personal life ie showing up to his workplace seems abit forward to me but the arm grabbing in his office was abit much:lol:. Blew the whole "I am woman " theory for me:p
    And as far as Stellas "nap" I believe it is HER office and there really wasnt anything wrong with Mac showing a kindness by covering her up and turning off the light remember they are in a monetary crisis budget in the crime lab:lol: but if he would have awaken her and "sent her home" would THAT not imply a bit chauvinistic on his part? Nothing wrong with just leaving her alone turning out the light and going home him self:) Getting back to the original quote (and please dont make me take a vacation day to read your response... just kidding:lol:) How would it have gone if over the hiatus the small spoiler clip would not have been of Aubrey and Mac entering his office but Mac covering up Stella and turning out the light
    Oui I smell my computer wires frying!:lol:

12. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

The Aubrey reaction comes from interviews with the showrunners, who have said they are introducing Aubrey as a love interest for Mac, not fan speculation. I still think she'll only be around until Peyton returns. Nothing like building suspense for a former regular's return...:rolleyes:

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The woman who plays Aubrey, I can't remember her name right now, isn't in her twenties. She's around 40, so I assume her character is too. Unless TPTB make her ridiculously young like they did with Stella. ;)

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Much as I like Mac, I hope so too. At this point I don't think it will overshadow the CSI part of the show's mandate :). I think it's getting far more attention than is warranted, and perhaps TBTP are happy about that. Just to point out the obvious again (natural talent, what can I say), the spoiler about a love triangle was released to stir the pot before 6.17 Pot Of Gold ever aired, ie., before we even met who his new potential interest was. The producers were definitely stirring up speculation even moreso as to who could be returning. If I recall, very little of the inital responses to all that had anything to do with the 'new interest' and were focused on the "return of the known and familiar.' So, yes, the spoilers and whatnot have rather taken on a life of their own, but that's not translated into the screentime actually devoted to it. (At least, not yet... :p).

... was being more than a bit flippant ;) perhaps that didn't come across as I'd hoped. I thought the moment was rather sweet, didn't mind letting her sleep and all.

I suppose in part I appreciated that the show was trying out different ways to stir up their structure and format. Successful or not, ymmv :).

I wasn't too keen on how that was presented, but could take it as part of Stella's history of interaction with Marina. The way it was portrayed, especially in having Lindsay phrase it as such, was irksome. Why it simply couldn't have been described as personal insight combined with personal instinct, even if correctly called out as unsupported by the little known of the case, was disappointing. How Stella keeps being tossed into the most violent of circumstances is getting tiresome as well.

I find this interesting. Most of the time people are grumbling that things are too Mac-centric, and here we have him not contributing enough :lol:. I agree though, it was his turn to be more of a peripheral and supervisory figure, I guess, letting Stella take front and center here.

[quotejust say 'gun shot residue' then, don't abbreviate and then elaborate!! [/quote]
    :lol:

Love that.

I think that should be printed on tee-shirts and distributed amongst the writing staff.

was a rather blatant way to carefully lead us by the hand thru the few forensics related issues in the case.

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm pretty sure it's black; but you're right about the positioning. good luck with your "research"

don't they always? ;)

ah, well, that's ok then ;)

not from me and jade you won't ;)

i agree with jade though, the stella-centricity bothered me a bit too and although mac was present, as jade said, he didn't actually seem to *do* anything, other than be the recipient of a bag of clothes and some information.

i agree completely, adam/mac is a great pairing, they work really well together, and adam's dorkiness seems to bring out something of the same in mac, as well as the aforementioned incredulous looks and sometimes rolled eyes.

yeah i agree with this too - they've said (and the actors have, not just the producers/writers) that they think fans want to see a bit more of the lives of the main characters, and that's fair enough, but there's a balance and i don't think they've found it. i hope they can.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010