Grade 'Rest in Peace, Marina Garito'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 7, 2010.

?

How would you grade Rest in Peace, Marina Garito?

1. A+

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. A

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. B-

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. C+

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  9. C-

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

First new CSI: NY episode in a month! Watch it and let us know what you thought... :cool:

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

LMAO at Adam hitting on Aubrey
    I think Flack is right, Stella is too hard on herself
    Oh come on, we know Stella didn't drown
    Gary sounds like he has a cold
    Poor Sid, he blames himself too
    Letter to Stella from Marina? Turns out she knew all along.

I disliked Marina speaking for some reason.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~This is one of those "middle of the ep" beginnings, isn't it?
    ~Oh look, it is. Or... not? Or is she having prophetic dreams?
    ~I love upset-Stella. Especially when she's in defiant-mode.
    ~Adam hitting on Aubrey was hilarious.
    ~Useful!Potential Girlfriend. Nice.
    ~Stella. FAIL on watching your back on that one.
    ~Flack, save Stella please. Thank you.
    ~Hold on, can't the guy be arrested for, say, trying to drown a CSI? Oh, they can't find him. Okay.
    ~Danny, remember to pick up your badge please.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This episode seemed kind of...slow. And there was a lot of exposition. That's not necessarily good or bad, I'm just saying...

I know Stella was upset about Sid ruling Marina's death a suicide, but I didn't like her attitude in the morgue. The scene between them at the end was nice, though.

I liked Sid's scene with Hawkes, too. Those two are great together. :)

Captain Obvious moments are lame. (They seriously had Lindsay say that GSR is gunshot residue? Seriously?) But it's even more lame when someone (ie Adam) has to look stupid in order to let the others explain something.

ETA: I also liked Adam flirting with Aubrey - and hurrying off when Mac swooped in. C*ckblocked! :lol:

Interesting that Danny had a badge at the end. I guess he got a new one? I wonder if they'll ever address that?...

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I was seriously unimpressed with this episode. Adam looking stupid, crazy evidence and huge leaps in logic were just bad. The only thing I liked about the episode was the parts with Marina explaining things. I thought that was well done.

D

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I wish I felt less “meh” about the tragedy of Marina G’s story. It’s not that Marina wasn’t convincing, she was; but while I realize monologue was probably the best way to have her tell her side of the story (her being dead and all), it was distracting. They kept switching from charged case moments to a monologue piece, which imo threw off the episode’s pacing because it’d take me out of the moment completely. And aside from Stella and Sid’s investment, Marina was the best part of the case. The stepfather ended up being a lot less sinister than I’d expected, which was a downer (and it bugged me that Stella didn’t address how he’d smacked her face into a pool wall, when she had him in interrogation), and we didn’t get much on the brother.

Criticisms done :) Overall, I liked it. I did love the way so much focus was spent on how they pieced the case together to get the answers. Unlike other eps this season, this one felt less like case exposition and more like I was watching CSIs doing what they do best, and playing off of each other as they do it. It felt like the original CSI. Probably because I think they had zero “spout facts quickly as we march down a hallway” scenes. Finally. Those kinds of scenes are good – even necessary – every once in a while, but there are sooo many of them.

It reminded me of older (S3/S4) eps in the way they managed to focus on one character (Stella) while still squeezing in the really good team moments; it was one of the show’s strongest points and I’m glad to see it moving back to that. Excellent team moments. Plus, great to see everyone again twice in a row. Double plus, some good individual moments too – Stella’s speak for themselves, but Sid’s investment was the best surprise and a good touch. Second time we’ve seen the extreme-soft side of his character :lol: Liked their little tiff and their making up in the end. Liked Lindsay’s mini-reconstruction a lot and the team moment that followed; and Flack in general. His empathy with Stella’s investment and the little side-story with Goodman (don't remember the guy's first name) – I guess it’s too much to hope they might pick up on that in later episodes, but whatever. And Adam hitting on Aubrey (and Mac coming up behind)? Best thing yet this season :lol: Now I really want her to stick around, she’s fitting in better than Peyton did.

Grade: B-

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  7. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

My gosh, I'm not gonna lie, but this was awful. I hate to criticize the writers, but wow, there's a thing called science and it's pretty relevant in society. Leaps in logic are not necessary if you can explain it with science.

Another thing, I wanted Stella to be wrong. I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of suicides, but that was so annoying how she just had to be right. We get that Stella's smart. She's not smarter than the entire team.

Thank goodness for my dad telling jokes the entire time. When Stella was sleeping on the couch (twice) he was all like "Oh, that's what we do in my office every day. We sleep on the job". I have to agree that it was really just annoying. That and the whole super Stella is getting annoying. She somehow gets up out of a mound of trash that she jumped into with heels on and chases down a guy. Then she somehow decides to reach for her gun while in the water. I would think she would just try and gouge his eyes or something.

The redeeming quality to this episode was Audrey and Mac. It's been a month since I've seen them together, and I have to say that I think they are so cute. Especially with both of them having military histories. That and Adam hitting on her was so funny :D

All and all I give this episode a C-

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Well I guess it was nice to see everyone in an episode again. To bad they had to portray Adam as a love sick puppy and Aubry seemed abit too good for his flatteries she dismissed him like a little gnat,sorry but she doesnt do much for me. And then of course we have to have Lindsey Messer oh did I say MESSER? Lindsey MESSER Dannys wife even Danny knows her last name is MESSER did anyone catch that her last name was Lindsey MESSER? Couldnt he just say "Hey Linds come mere a minute" NOOO Lindsey MESSER Every single time they have to remind us in some way am I tired of it yet? I think so. And of course she solves yet another crime my gwad she IS brilliant. Did I like seeing Sid again? You better believe it and he and Hawkes I really liked there scene together. Not to bad since everyone was there but quit writing Adam like an idiot and shoving the MESSERS down our throat please.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I gave it an A. Would've gave it an A+ but the ending made cry. In spite of the ending that made me cry this was one of if not the best episode of season 6. Next week's episode looks pretty good too. That was clever of Danny sliding that passport over and when the guy opened it, BOOM, there's the badge. Wait. Did I just say "BOOM"? I did twice.

:guffaw:Faylinn, are you a mind reader?:guffaw:
    I was thinking the same thing. I've been wondering when they're ever gonna go back to that story of Danny's badge, dog tags and stuff being stolen and the print on his recovered dog tag coming back to Shane Casey.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I also thought Mac sounded like he had a cold.

Darnit, I missed Adam hitting on Audrey. I was in the kitchen. :lol: I came back when Adam was walking away. :(

The episode was pretty much boring until the chase scene with Stella and the stepdad.

the foam french fry kind of made me chuckle.

And I too went :wtf: when they had Lindsay say that GSR is gun shot residue. Oh yeah, writers... we all thought it meant Grissom-Sara-Romance. :lol: Yeesh!

Audrey bringing the girl's clothes was something I liked. That was thoughtful of her to do so. Of course it also gave her an excuse to see Mac again. :lol: Can't really blame her, but yeesh.

I liked Hawkes line about how as MEs they're not always right, but its not always because they're wrong. :lol:

The girl talking throughout the episode was weird. Those seemed like scenes from one of those A&E shows where they talk about their problems. It was just weird and took away from the episode as a whole I thought.

Did Danny call Lindsay "Mrs Messer" or "Lindsay Messer"? I'm not against the pairing at all, but why do we have to have a reference in every episode to the fact that they're married? Writers, we know this already! We do not need to be reminded in every episode. Vegas does this with Grissom/Sara as well. It's freakin' annoying. :lol:

Before the chase scene, the episode really was boring and felt like a pilot episode of a new show that didn't interest me much. I dunno, it was weird.

I gave the episode a B though because the second half of it was better than the first half. :lol: And mostly cause the chase scene was kind of exciting. :lol:

11. wildcat

wildcat Witness

I did not expect this, but I really liked this story. I found it interesting to watch, well thought, well written. A tad too many Marina's monologues, but at least they were well done. Though I’m not quite sure how real is all this suppressed memory line. Can it really go that far?

The beginning as a dream of an over-worked tired Stella was an interesting rather unusual step. And her dreamt-up car crash is a lot easier to swallow in the same ep as drowning than if it were for real. ;)

Passionate, entirely involved, emotional Stella – great. It was a really good story for her, and Melina is such a talented actress that it’s impossible to watch and not to get also emotionally invested in this story. :thumbsup:

Compassionate and understanding Mac – sweet. :drool:
    Adam hitting on Audrey – as usually hilarious.:guffaw: :guffaw:
    Flack and Stella searching the apartment and discussing cold cases was a very strong and emotional scene. :)

Underwater fight – great take, but why did Rambo Stella tried to get out and get away from the perp and not grab the gun and go for him? :confused:

Audrey in the hospital…. Irritating. :shifty:
    I did not like scenes with Audrey and Mac. :wtf:
    Yes, Mac looks more smiley and they do convey certain interest in each other, but I absolutely don’t agree that they have any chemistry. None whatsoever. Awkward – yes, pushing on trying to stuff as much of relationship development in as short time as possible – yes, real chemistry and caring about each other – no. And on top of that Audrey comes across as outright aggressive. :shifty: Hunter’s hunting. :guffaw: Hunting for Mac. :devil: Didn’t like her being too physical too soon, literally grabbing Mac.

Sid did not get any creepy comments, but full of doubts and compassion Sid is also fine. Liked the last scene with him and Stella.

And the end scenes where Flack calls his cold case guy and then Mac finds Stella sleeping in the office were very touching. :thumbsup:

The shots with two kids were a bit off – in one the boy was a lot taller then the girl and seemingly had light hair (that’s sooo wrong! :wtf:), in another one the girl was a good head-and-a-half taller. Hm….
    Everybody’s here! – Adam, and Sid, and Lindsey – everybody! Uhuuuu!!! :thumbsup:

Well….. I would grade this episode as A. – I liked the story and loved Stella-centric episode with everybody here. :thumbsup:

But as any episode with Mac’s new “love interest” is a failure, it’s going to be F. :shifty:

12. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

i loved it!!!!

-Yes Mac sounded like he had a cold, poor thing -i found it adorable thought- :adore:

-Adam hitting on Aubrey girl and as soon as he sees Mac haigh-tails away: GENIUS!!!i liked it!! "i've got work to do" LMAO

-Don Flack at his best!! it was great when he tried to comfort Stella when they were at Marina's apt. telling her about his 'Marina Garito' :D atta boy!!

-OOOOOHHHHH loooooook at that!!! FINALLY new badge for Danny, it kinda was about time don't you think -.-'

-Lindsay and Sheldon pretty much inexistent...pity =/

-Stella: she gave me quite the scare at the beginning i've gotta admit it, the rest was awesome

-Sid: *goes ang hugs our favourite M.E* 'nuff said lol

-Mac: the sweetest Mac i've ever seen in 6 seasons...i'm actually still trying to recover from the puddle of goo i was reduced in by Mac action of tucking in Stella at the end of the episode...

all in all: I LOVED IT!!!

13. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

This was the worst episode ever. :scream: Pam you have sunk to an all time low. After waiting a month for this I was so dissapointed in so meny ways. :angryrazz:
    Part of the show dreams, other parts the dead girl telling her story, creepy. :klingon: The way the twins changed in every picture, First blonde then brunette. She is taller then he is taller. Just stupid.:rolleyes: Doesn't Stella have a home? Why does she keep sleeping at the office? Buy the way Stella you are the stelleto queen. I only know of four women in the world who can chase a criminal down alleys jump over railings into piles of trash and still be able to run like you do in high heels. The four women I am talking about are Stella Bonasera and Charlies Angels:angel:You go girls broken ankles be dammed:guffaw: Iam glad to see that Danny has his badge. At least we are keeping with this seasons theme of start a story, drop a story. :confused: And thank you Lindsey Messer for explaining to us what GSR means. After hearing it in every episode for six seasons I glad to learn it means Gun shot resdue. ;) Adam was an idiot. In the early part of the deason he was showing signs of maturity, now he is back to being an idiot, What the hell:scream: Thank Goodness Lindsey Messer discoverd that rubber french fry:guffaw: How fortunate that Aubry just happend by with Marinas clothes and informed Mac about her clinched hand, other wise we may never have solved the case:lol: The part that really had my heart strings going was when Stella just happend to get Marinas letter after the arrest of her stepfather, explaing what happend to her brother and now after twelve years she was going to drop it. She called her every monday for three years and when she finally remembers what happen she desides to write her a letter instead of calling or telling her in person. :brickwall: And my favorite part, after 12 years her step dad just happens to have her brothers body in a trunk in a room where Marina Worked. :confused: I am sorry friends but I can and will not waste an hour of my life every week on this crap. This used to be a great show but now it's just a joke. Durning our month long break I started watching SVU and from now on Wednesday nights are for them.

14. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I liked this episode. It had everybody in it doing what they do best. It was a little slow until the chase scene but the exposition by Marina was well done.

I loved Adam trying to hit on Aubrey. He is sooooo cute.

When Aubrey was in Mac's office looking at his memory wall, the look on her face made me wonder if she's going to have some military/combat related issues in a future episode.

The foam french fry was clever.

When I first saw the badge in the passport I thought, oh, did Danny finally get a substitute? And then I wondered if maybe it was Flack's. I slo-moed the relevant bits but couldn't see the numbers on the badge so I couldn't tell.

15. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

OK I know I said I won't watch it but you know nearly one month without CSI NY I couldn't resist but I shouldn't:wtf: God it was sooo bad.

Dear writter if you don't want to see viewers going to SVU here is some clues
    - kill that bitch of Stella
    - put back hawkes at the morgue where he belongs he is well with Sid
    - by the way more Sid
    - lock Mac with Peyton and Aubrey we'll see who wins
    - a few banters between D/L I know they are married but they are good with banter
    - and ;);)A LOT OF Adam, Flack, Danny scene ;):drool::drool:

I put a F