CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

:guffaw:Genius!

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Hell yes I would! :D Any storyline that allows for Flack to finally have his Danny--and for the return of the interesting, passionate, complex Danny that used to be so much fun to watch--is a win in my book. Total bonus if Danny finally gives it up for Flack. :devil: The grin on Flack's face if that happened could light up all of Manhattan for years.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been meaning to do that! :eek: I will work on it later this morning... and it will have Faylinn's picture at the top. :devil: :D

I have serious reservations about seeing Stella in peril once again, too. Why don't the guys ever end up in these situations? At what point does it become kind of exploitive? It's sweet that Flack comes to her rescue... but why don't we ever get to see the reverse? I guess Stella came to Danny's rescue in "Trapped," but after the horror that was "All Access," if Stella was never in danger again, it would be too soon. And, as someone pointed out earlier, she got attacked last season, too. How much is enough?

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Between Stellas perils and Macs girlfriends it seems somebodys writing skills are growing stale:lol:

4. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

No, I'm happy with the way things are going. No show is perfect, after all. :)

5. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Thanks for the recent video on the sneak peak of "Rest in Peace, Marina Garito", Faylinn. It's a great one!

Regardless of Mac's love interest, I love Pam Veasey because she is one of the people who knew how to write Stella's character really well even if it's to put her in peril and in jeopardy. To look on the bright side, she's one of my favorite character and I really love to see Stella appear on screen and some story lines or episode that has the center of attention or focal point on her. For instance, All Access, Heart of Glass with reference to the HIV, Grounds for Deception as well as the coming episode "Rest in Peace, Marina Garito". Rambo Stella is always one of the characteristics I admire in this character, Stella Bonasera. She is one resilient and strong person who is able to withstand the adversities and tribulations most of the time. However, there are times where she shows her weaknesses or lose control of her emotions when in distress 'cause she is a human. ;) Amazed by Melina in interviews as always. She is endearing and as usual the beautiful Grecian goddess.

Flack coming to the rescue! That's intriguing! From the sneak peek, Eddie Cahill mentioned something about breath exchange. :lol:

Yeah, there's one Flack/Stella thread I think! :D I've seen it somewhere in the shipper central before. Might want to consider going there once in a while. :lol:

I totally agree with you! I'm starting to get tired of it already. Even wanted to punch Mac. :lol:

:lol: You are causing laughter and amusement, Lori! :guffaw:

6. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

I love you. :lol:

No way. He did?! I could have sworn he said bullet exchange or something - as in, him and the guy were going to shoot at each other for a while before the attacker is taken down by our hero, who then jumps into the pool to save Stella. I do hope I heard wrong and you're right after all. ;)

Oooh, talking of the clip - has anybody saved it to their Favourites or anything of the sort? 'Cause silly me can't find what page it's on and I want to watch it again, so if somebody doesn't mind quickly providing me with the link again ...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  7. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

LOL! Burlesque... I might have ear problem. Don't mind me... :lol: Not sure what he really said either. CPR is not that bad ;)

If I'm not wrong, it is "brief exchange of gunfire". :D

8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: tvguide http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSI-NY-Melina-Kanakaredes-1016990.aspx

9. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Thank you! What a fantastic interview. :D

10. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I agree, it's amazing to see Stella in the center of episodes, she deserves the screen time because she is one of the characters in the show that doesn't get less interesting even though we get to see her a lot.
    I didn't really like All Access all that much because it was really very graphic and as much as I like how strong Stella came out of it - the whole episode, not so much.
    The other episodes I really like. I like Stella in Peril when they let her fight her own way out of it, and doesn't get thrown through rooms by suspects. I'd love to see more rambo-Stella as she is in 'Can you hear me now' where she chases 'What's his name?' With her gun drawn and excapes without a bruise, like Mac, Don and Danny do all the time.
    However I know that it's easier for suspects to throw a woman around than it is to throw a guy over a couch and through a room (Like happened to Stella with the Gramercy guy) She handled that one really well though, and I like the scene because she really kicks his rear end big time. But how come we don't really see Lindsay in those situations? I don't know, must be some sort of 'guys hate Stella'-curse.

I'm excited about this episode though, I'd love to see Stella really obsess about a case (Like I think it was the second episode in season one, with the girl Robin, right?) Where she just kept pushing till she got the guy.

I have a lot more thoughts about this I would love to share, unfortunately my french essay doesn't write itself.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It's because Stella is strong, and Lindsay isn't. There's always a subversive desire to "take the strong woman down a peg or two." I hate to get up on a feminist high horse, but it's one of my big pet peeves. If you look across the CSI shows, it's always the strong women who are subjected to violence/sexual violence. Stella, Catherine, Sara, Calleigh... all of them have been attacked/assaulted in some way. Stella was brutalized by her boyfriend, Calleigh was kidnapped, Catherine woke up thinking she'd been raped.... The pattern is just disturbing, because believe me, we'll never see Danny tied up in a bathtub wearing very little clothing, or Hawkes get sexually assaulted when he's in the prison riot. No, because violence can only happen towards the main female characters on the show. :rolleyes:

12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

You know how I feel about Stella and Smack BUT there are other people with intriguing storylines as well. It just seems this season is all about Mac and his love life and most of the good stuff "Stella" related (my favorite by the way was in season 4 the guy in the vat of chocolate..."Hows that for a taste Huh"? :lol:). Which I love but how about letting Mac and Stell take a back seat so they can have a Adam centered.. the little bit with the kid with the eyelash problems (sorry my most memorable moments of the program ouch:lol:) how about Adam and his dad? although all Adam serious would not be good. And then there is Sid I miss him:( Look how exciting the upcoming anticipation there is for the "Hawkes " centered episode. It seems refreshing and a new direction. Lets get into Dannys parents house and enjoy some of his moms canolis shall we? Maybe we will run into Louie.:).

13. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for all the links and vids. Good stuff :).

I've always enjoyed the interaction Stella and Flack have, from "when you drive we don't eat" type stuff to more serious and supportive interaction. It would be nice to see more of that too. :bolian:

so far so good for me regarding the handling of this. Hope they keep it up once a bit more time is alloted to it. The behind the scenes interview of Gary and Madchen during the filming of PotO'Gold was kinda funny too, though Gary had a definite odd *dork* moment with the shoulder chuck :lol:. Nice she was so keen on doing the show.

*Smithersesque finger twidling* ...excellent... :lol:. Perfect! :p (Expect it'll be rather spirited, no doubt :lol:).

I love Melina, her interviews are fantastic :lol:. I also love the fact she calls her character "Rambo Stella" (did that label in fact originate here, or was it co-opted from somewhere else?)

I agree with Englebarn a lot here. I'm looking forward to a rare chance where Stella gets some focus. As for the fact that the only focus she seems to get perpetually hinges on her personal safety being threatened, I can only hope the issues motivating her to chase off on her own again are equally highlighted. I think even a half-step improvement would have been not to have Stella discovered face down in the pool but having successfully fought her way out, and so not actually requiring rescue. And it would definitely be nice to see her pull somebody else's ass out of the fire.

It's tiring that that always seems to be the default. It's also that it's treated casually, or rather that it's unrecognized for that aspect. And if by chance a show actually touches on violence, especially of a sexual nature, against a man, it's like it's taken as a more serious trangression, etc. That bugs me too.

As for Adam and Sid and Lindsay, those who haven't had overt storylines attached to them this season, well, dunno if that was the gameplan for this year, but they are, again, the three who have been on rotation. Regulars but very much supporting players. Lindsay will have her DL due (seems to be the only material she gets) in the finale, and while I would love to have more Sid and Adam, I can't say as I expect that anytime soon. It was great to see more of Sid in the episodes he was in, and that they have expanded on ways to use him and get him out of the morgue. I wish they'd even had had another ep along the lines of Point of No Return for Sid, and hope they attempt something similar for Adam next season. In the meantime, I can't say I'm as exasperated as some with how material's been doled out this season, only how, more often than not, it's actually been realized. :p

14. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Although having said what I said before, that's the one thing that pisses me off - how she can escape without even a scratch, no matter how big the accident. It's highly unrealistic. Alright, she had stiches on her cheek for the duration of, like, 1 1/2 episodes after Frankie attacked her, but that's it. Hanging off a 7-storey building? She's fine. Shoved down a stairwell? She's fine. Almost drowned? She's fine - hospitalised, but fine. Having a car crash into her at she's speeding along at God knows how many miles per hour? Chances are, she's probably fine. :rolleyes: I mean, maybe that's just me being a wimp, but doesn't anybody else find it slightly amusing?

15. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Sorry for double-posting, but - agreed! Although she has actually already pulled asses out of fires in the episode her apartment burned down, I know what you mean. I'd like to see less Accident-Prone Stella and more Superwoman Stella at times, too. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.