Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

There is NO WAY that Jake would even be blip on the radar for Eric and Calleigh. Jake has had his chance twice and both times he chose his job over Calleigh, and ended up breaking her heart. Eric and Calleigh have had some road blocks and bumps in their relationship, but hopefully after epi. 20, that will all be a thing of the past.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I didn't anything to the affect of what you describe in the spoilers for 821 but agree that at this point Jake is merely a plot device. Actually I personally have always thought of him as that....a plot device to simply move E/C forward and create angst for them in the long run.

What I did see regarding Jake is that he working undercover and it looks like (to me anyhow) that Horatio doesn't believe he is on the up and up with regards to being dirty. What happens to Jake, idk.

I think E/C will be fine though in the long run....the writers, at this point, need to sh*t or get off the pot....even Adam has said they need to do as much....of course he prefers the E/C stay together. And we know Emily feels the same so I think E/C will be fine. I just hope that given Adam will be back next season that the writers don't put off whatever they had intended to happen between E/C come the end of the season b/c Adam was no longer going to be around....I hope they decide to keep whatever it is and move on from there. B/c like I said, they need to sh*t or get off the pot!

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I really hope that they won't drag this E/C "defining moment" that we are all anticipating for. I am really getting impatient just waiting for Ep. 8.20 how much more next season.
    I just wish that they would just let them be and not giving them another "drama" in the Ep. 8.21.

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Me too. I guess our disbelief is based on prior experience. For some reason storylines and episodes seems to mirror proviously seen storylines and (Jake) - characters just seems to return to bring "the same thing " to the mix as they did before. Why Jake as the undercover cop if not to remind viewers that Call. could or will be affected? And thereby our storyline. ANY undercover cop could have done the trick but it had to be Jake.

5. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Hi folks,

Did anyone see the article in TV Guide online's "Megabuzz" section about episode 8.21, Jake's return to the show, and what it might mean for our favorite couple? I didn't see the link posted anywhere else on the forum, so here it is: [*IT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*]

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Scoop-1016798.aspx

It's not really a spoiler, but an "official" news article, so I think it's OK to post the link here. But, just for safety, I'll wrap my comments in spoiler code.

I really hope that my faith in the CSIM writers won't be misplaced when it comes to how they handle the E/C romance in the wake of Jake's return in 8.21.:shifty: Call me overly-optimistic, but I still don't see how Jake could cause any permanent problems for Calleigh and Eric. Perhaps Jake's ego might be a little bruised by the idea of Eric and Calleigh dating, so Berkeley might try to ruffle some feathers. But IMO, the Jake-Calleigh ship sailed a long time ago, and I can't imagine that Calleigh would go back to that relationship. Nor do I see Eric and Calleigh breaking up b/c of Jake. If TPTB are planning either of these outcomes, they better be prepared for one heck of a fan backlash. :scream: The Hiphugger-fans want Eric and Calleigh together, and many anti-shippers don't want a love-triangle at all. So using Jake to create some kind of forced tug-of-war over Calleigh would do nothing but upset a whole bunch of fans, and please virtually no-one. :(The way I read the article, Jake "standing in the way of [Eric & Calleigh] choosing eternal bliss," probably means that he'll be a temporary obstacle, but that E&C will most likely end up together after all of the drama. I'm just going to keep thinking positively and hoping that the CSIM writers don't veer off into ridiculousness on the E/C relationship storyline.

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, Jake's return is no secret anymore and we all don't know what that means for Eric/Cal. But...(and I'll be very unpopular here) I'm glad that Jake will come back, I really like the actor who plays him. I don't think that he will be any trouble for our couple. I hope though that he will make Eric jealous a little(I find it cute, just like with the horse trainer) and Cal will assure him that she only loves him :) That might be the first love declaration from her side... Anyway, little love triangle is way better than no EC action whatsoever(and this season was in particular full of it).

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Meh... I suspected that the writers wouldn't be able to bring Jake back and not throw trouble Eric's and Cal's way. It's just too tempting for them. I'm so tired of there being an "obstacle" everytime EC is about to just be happy together. First Jake, then Eric's father drama, then Cal shooting at him, then IAB's investigation, then Eric leaving, now Jake again. So we've come full circle? Ugh. Though I do agree 100% that there's no way Jake has impact on Calleigh's feelings at this point. She's been there, done that...twice. So it's pretty unrealistic for them to play the "I'm so confused" card with Calleigh at this point, cause it really would be unbelievable. Her and Eric have had quite a few bumps but they keep coming back to each other which in itself says a lot for how much they want to be together and care about each other.

What's really going to be interesting is how Jake is involved in the betrayal since Eric is then one that blows the whole thing into the open. I wonder what that'll be about and how they'll play off each other.

8. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

O oh, his back. :eek: I think this is a ploy for the writers to create more unnecessary drama for our favor pair. Seems in TV world it would make sense to have Jake appear and disappear just as things are hot and heavy between Eric and Cal. I'm not worries quite yet, Cal heart is with Eric. I'll start worrying a after the "defining moment"

9. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

This E/C drought is driving me nuts and the spoilers are not helping at all!:brickwall:
    I agree with you, vsuga, that Jake is there just to add drama to our couple.
    I just hope that this would just be in one episode and won't be dragged till next season. I am hoping that they will clearly define their relationship in Ep. 8.20 so I will feel more confident that Jake's reappearance won't create a ripple in E/C romance.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was under the impression that we had a new episode tonight and I've seen we do not :shifty:. That postpones 8.20 and EC scenes even further.

I wish we knew something more about the "closure" EC is supposed to have in this episode. I hate the not knowing combined with all the amount of time we've had to wait.

This season has been so full of repeats it's not even funny. Add the lack of EC because of Adam being away and it's just :scream:.

11. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Here's my meaning of "Closure" - the act of Eric going down on one knee. I hope that the writers meaning as well.

ec4evr - I totally won't be surpised if they drag this on, seems to be a CSI thing to do. "Let's see how long to torture the Eric / Cal Lovers", I hate it. :scream: Maybe Jake will move on to Nat, lol. :guffaw:Wouldn't that be the darnest thing to happen.

12. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

i'm a bit confused here!! do i miss something here!! is the spoiler for episode 24 out, if!! yes....can you tell me please please please ...............

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:(:(Closure ....
    In main forum spoiler lab they speculate if show is stopping within a season or so. IF that be the case they should in no way prolong the drama of E/C IMO. It would be so wrong and drag the show down. They should however start planning the end of the show and of my favorite ship. AND that should be a happy ending in respect of the characters and in respect of the fanbase. But that is just my opinion.

How do you feel about the spoiler -Jake dying in Call´s arms ? Is that not Hagens storyline?

AND CÀN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY:( :scream::scream: Why add that drama to anything
    a. CAll - character and storyline
    b. this ship and the characters evolved?

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I saw a ‘CSI: Miami‘ press release for Episode 21, and my favorite, Johnny Whitworth, is in it. What brings him back? – fatherdowling via Twitter​

Whitworth’s Detective Jake Berkeley reports back for duty when crime scene evidence is pinched from the lab in the wake of a jewelry heist-turned-murder. Thing is, Delko also is on the hunt for the culprit, so he and Jake will butt heads. And not just over the crime at hand. “Jake is ready to sizzle with Calleigh once again, making Delko a little jealous in the process,” teases a source.​

response to spoiler:​

As much as I love a jealous Eric, when are we gonna stop playing this game. Eric & Calleigh love each other....let Jake be the past.
    But I will say this...I can't wait to see Eric & Jake butting heads, that always makes for good TV.

AJ--
    the spoiler you referenced earlier? I didn't see that, I think someone was speculating. Not sure though

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This is what I was afraid of if Jake ever came back :rolleyes:. The never ending cycle of triangle, jealousy, and drama. And I don't know why but I had the feeling that Jake would not be over Calleigh.

Now that makes me think a couple of things about the "closure" in 8.20:

-Eric and Calleigh decided to stay together and so obviously Eric reacts to whatever Jake does.

-Eric and Calleigh ended on the fearful "we care too much about each other so lets stay apart" note and so they still have feelings for each other thus Eric's reaction to Jake. If this is the case I have to say that if they do make them break up just to keep playing on the fact that they have feelings for each other then that's NOT what I would call "closure that defines their relationship for the rest of the series". If there's a break up then it should be left at that if it's really a defining moment in their relationship. It would be annoying and reduntant to have them be apart as a definition of their relationship just to keep throwing at our faces how much they care and love each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.