CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

oh come on!!! seriously?!! i mean, i had a sneaky suspicion it was going to be her because who else would fit the bill of 'shocking' and 'familiar', but i was soooo hoping it wouldn't be! putting aside my personal dislike of peyton because of how she broke up with mac, could having it be her be anymore soap-ish if they tried?! what, are we going to have an angtsy whiney "i never stopped loving you" speech? :rolleyes: i think i'm going to puke if we do.... and what's mac still doing with her phone number anyway?! i would've gotten rid of it ages ago! *sigh* while the ep as a whole sounds actually pretty great - mac hurt? :) (sorry mac, gotta love an injured hero;)), finally seeing his apartment, adam being adam on a stake-out with mac :D (now that has promise!!) - the whole peyton element has me really nervous.....

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...*:shifty:*

:guffaw:

I - sorry -

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

F*ck me. They did it. :lol::lol::lol:

*hoo* I think I need a kleenex.

:p

Man. For all the long posts I've had in here recently, something I took out was a comment about Claire Forlani and Peyton, figuring it would be reaching. :lol:.

Surprise. Well. First off. ...It was a day of generally expecting the worst, so I was doing the same a bit in reading here and filling in the blanks before I actually got thru it. :lol: So when I read the following I got:

"- and *bam* they make out." *noooOOOooOoOooo*

I just couldn't help the flash of, oh crap, spoilers of hand-baskets and southerly directions, the show's going to hell, next season's it, they're wrapping it up, you're gonna tell me it is Stella revealing a mysterious innuendo after the pair of them go all voyeur on the neighbors (and wtf by the way, is this surveillance as entertainment?? has Mac no teevee? :lol: Stakeout, Part IV). I suppose they're commiserating over their combined sustained injuries and near death experiences of late.

...heeeey, yep, it is Stakeout Part IV... :lol: God, being on a stakeout with Adam would be hysterical. Frankly, Mac being essentially interrogated by Adam could be really funny too. (And possibly why Mac sends him out of the room :p). Adam does have a way of being able to poke at Mac's seriousness in a way that others can't.

So. How symbolic is all this anyways. Is Mac the caged bird, the canary in a coal mine? :lol: Is it gonna be Peyton or Aubrey that's the death of him? :p Nicely entitled POV, of course. (wait... brunette doc showdown? seriously NY? oh my :lol:) Eventually I'll be able to take this seriously and mull the Aubrey/Peyton thing over. Not yet. Inna minute or three ;). I'll get there.

Anyhoo. Regards what I'd edited out prior. Related to Claire joining Matt Leblanc's Showtime/BBC series, "Episodes." It's current order, however, is seven episodes. Starts up filming in the spring. Her other film projects are apparently in early pre-prod. So. Between now and May, a window appears. And thus, I had speculated on availability, but had not wholly believed that the show would actually have the chutzpah to do it.

And voila. Here you is wif spoilers :lol: Thanks.

Hooo. Man. It's been a day. I mean, a day. This? ...this just made me laugh. out. loud. I am duly cheered :p Further, I rescind what I said about dreading the Triangle.

OK, no, no I don't. :lol:. But this is just too damned funny not to enjoy. Jezus.

:lol:.

In some ways I think I might be more :rolleyes: surprised at Mac having managed to find trouble in younger days. Guess squeaky clean Mac needs some added earthiness to his past. Also, a scene of Stella and Mac just chatting stories could be good too, I do like their interaction (as long time friends). And. Not the first to mention this either, I see. Mac's not just a racing fan but a football fan too. Well, fair enuff. Sid had Lingerie Football, Mac can be a fan of Namath and the Jets. I can buy Mac as a sports fan, if not necessarily a player in younger days. I do recall a few bits and pieces in earlier eps, ie. poking Stella cos she didn't recognize a Jeter bobblehead.

All too funny. Goddamn.

(Oh. And the thing wot I'd come across a bit ago. Forlani Joins LeBlanc's "Episodes")

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Matt LeBlanc has a new show? Woo-hoo. I will keep an eye out for that. And here I was a few weekends ago talking to my dad and saying "I wonder what happened to matt leblanc?" :lol: Thanks for that info. That makes me very happy. :D

Yes, that will be the thing in the episode I'm looking forward to. I will probably ffwd through the boring soap opera-esque triangle stuff. I'll repeat what I said in the Miami forum: I hate love triangles, none I've seen have ever been interesting no matter who the players are or how good the actors are... and love triangles have absolutely no place on procedural dramas. They belong on soapy shows like Greys Anatomy... not on a CSI show. :lol: What is wrong with these writers? What is their obsessions with soap esque storylines as of late? :lol: I just don't get it. :lol:

4. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Well, I most definitely thought it would be a reach because of the actress's other commitments, but go figure....:lol:

Well, they do resemble each other -- wonder if that was deliberate?;)

In "The Thing About Heroes," didn't Mac sort of imply that he and his friends were involved with bookies back in the day? Or am I confusing something else he said?

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

sorta, not quite... he and drew's older brother (the one who wasn't killed) would tag along with said oldest on 'delivery' runs. the two of them had no idea what was going on, and it was implied that the oldest didn't really know (or simply didn't ask) either..... haha, i've always liked to imagine that mac got up to a certain amount of trouble! ;)

6. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

^OK, thanks.:) I sorta vaguely remember the context but not the specifics.

7. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Awesome spoilers Fay! As usual ;) Thanks!

Yuh know, it's a pretty funny thought but when you compare Mac's sex life to that of Grissom or Horatio, he's kind of a total player. I mean, since Claire there's been, Rose (if anyone remembers her), Peyton, Gillian, now Aubrey and some might argue Stella as well.

Mac Taylor you lady killer. :lol:

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It's funny. People used to accuse Danny of being a player, but clearly Mac gets way more ass (and I'm not counting Stella) than Danny ever has. :lol: WTG, MacDaddy!

9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:bolian:

...um, I'm picturing a scene somehow where they come face to face... :p

Wait. Still not ready to mull this yet :lol:

No, you're right, but I think it was more that Mac and his friend Jimmy were tagging along with - crap, hang on. Gotta look up the names or this will make no sense - tagging along with Jimmy's brother Will, who was a runner for a mobster. Trouble ensued, mobster dude beat Will to death, Mac had opportunity to shoot mobster but didn't or couldn't bring himself to, younger (unseen) brother of dead kid becomes 333 caller, who also sent all those unusual presents to Stella etc. I think that's how it went down anyways :lol:. Mac was painted as human but in a sympathetic light in being unable to prevent the other kid's death, which became the motive of the 333 guy.

ETA: Ah, I see Jade beat me to it :lol:. Never mind.

I should hope so :lol:. Actually, wasn't it in the first episode that Shane Casey appeared in where the CSI's arrive amid the detritus of a large sorority party - I just recall someone, Stella I think, poking at Mac with something like "didn't you ever go to parties?" "...went to plenty of parties but never wound up quite like this" (said whilst stepping over or past unconscious coconut clad frat boys).

I also can't picture a marine, officer or not, who didn't let loose once in a while :p.

Thanks. Now I hafta wipe off my desk. Again. :lol:

goddammit :lol:. (Not a drinking problem so much as a problem drinking, at least while trying to read thru here).

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

:lol::lol: yep, he did! come on mac, you gotta quit giving us just these tidbits of half information!! *so looking forward to that teenage recollection scene ;)*
    exactly!!! ;)

:devil::devil::devil: indeed!!
    :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: and not just the ones that've been incorporated into the show....... tying into the whole "hidden" side of the good detective, what about in 'Jamalot' when he explained the game to Stella and she was completely incredulous that he knew about it and then finding out it was because he went to one on a date :)guffaw:<- thinking of mac at a rollerderby)
    mac: "it was fun!"
    stella: "the game, or the date?"
    mac: *the i'm-not-telling-look/smile*:lol:

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It's 1am and I can't sleep. I decided to visit this website for some news. I got some. Then, Talk CSI, I saw 21 views for NY and thought "hmmm, there's a new spoiler" Though I don't read spoilers, I got curious and read the last page.

For CSI: NY writers: WAKE-UP! This is not Grey's Anatomy or The Young and The Restless! Goodness. Are you killing the show? This is not the desperate move you need to have higher ratings. Give us CSI stories. This is not looking good. I'm not pro or anti-ships but this is too much. I really hope I'm wrong about this. I hope you are reading this. I hope the spoilers are just your way of having early reviews/comments/suggestions/reactions from the fans before finalizing an episode. I hope so.

I'm preparing myself for the last season. Thank goodness I still have CSI: LV. Talk about outstanding and careful writing. I still have something to watch on tv or online after next season.

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

HA!! ok i just had a sudden thought/possible senario that might reduce the soapy-ness of the whole thing and make it more plausible (although there's no way it's not going to be somewhat along those lines....:rolleyes:). right, so this is ep. 22, and we're only through 16. so, what if you run with the idea of introduced characters having 3-ish eps that Aubrey is already out of the picture......? hence the Mac/Stella confab at his apartment over chinese while recuperating (although if they're not going to tell us the origin of this mysterious injury and the two of them are at his apartment..............:devil:) *drags mind out of gutter* anyway ;), this would then set up a Stella vs Peyton thing which imo would make waaaaaaaaay more sense and would be much easier to write/handle than Aubrey vs Peyton vs Stella 3/4 way love/relationship thingy...

Plus there's the added component of the possibility of trending the series to an end next year, in which case - Mac and Stella? i'll you what, if they do, i think it's a pretty clear cut sign. Besides, there have been things throughout this season which lead me to believe this is where it's headed anyway....... But we'll see. all i can say is, my interest in these last eps was already high, and now doubly so...

13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks for Spoils Fay.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

although frankly anyone being unable to recognise a specific person from a badly likenessed blob of plastic is hardly a flaw!

your post made me laugh a lot - the thought of adam interrogating mac = genius :D

exactly!

haha he is clearly a total player! yeah that rollerderby bit was ace :D

yep, me too :)

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Counting all the hopeful potentials (Jane, Ella, possibly Jordan) and there ‘s no way around it: he just gets around :lol:

:lol: Imo, it was going to be soapy no matter who they put into the triangle, and at least this way they ‘re not jumping over any sharks. Or not as much, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.