CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Oooh, spoilers for 22--very cool! This is the episode before the finale since NY's order is 23 eps this season. Exciting!

Very exciting indeed! :D

Ok, here we go - and it looks like we get an answer about the 'other woman' spoiler:

ETA: Added a bit at the end about our three revolving characters.

6.22 "Point of View":

~ Something happened to Mac - I'm not entirely sure how he's injured, but his ribs are hurt at least. He and Stella are at his apartment, getting ready to eat Chinese food. They're watching people through the windows in Mac's apartment.

~ They see a pair of teenagers making out in an apartment across the way before the girl's mother comes in and sends the boy out. Mac and Stella reminisce about being teenagers - Mac indicates that he got into some trouble when he was younger, but he changes the subject when Stella tries to ask just what kind of trouble that might be. When she leaves the room to get bottles of water for them to drink with their food, Mac turns his attention to a different apartment.

~ In this apartment, he sees a man (Tate) pacing around as if he's nervous or worried. A younger man (Ivan) enters the apartment and hands Tate a metal briefcase - Tate opens the briefcase and takes out a metal canister of some sort. He hands Ivan an envelope, and Ivan leaves.

~ There is a dead guy found in a restaurant bathroom. It turns out to be Ivan, the younger man Mac saw in the apartment across from his own. There's evidence that he was sweating and that he wet his pants. There's also a broken mirror and some blood in the restaurant bathroom.

~ The team is able to match the blood to a guy named Troy, who has prior assaults in his record, but he denies killing Ivan - he says he just punched the mirror because he found out his girlfriend was pregnant, and he isn't ready to be a father.

~ Mac and Adam go to Mac's apartment to keep an eye on Tate. Adam acts like a dork, messing with Mac's autographed football (with Joe Namath's signature ;)) and asking too many questions. Mac sends him out of the room for some reason.

~ After Adam leaves, Mac turns his attention to Tate's apartment. He sees Tate enter, carrying a birdcage with a bird inside. Tate takes the canister out of the briefcase Ivan gave him and carefully places several drops of the liquid inside of it onto the paper in the bottom of the birdcage. He turns toward the front door of his apartment before carrying the birdcage, briefcase and canister into the bedroom of the apartment. When he returns, he opens the front door to reveal his visitor: Peyton Driscoll (Claire Forlani).

~ Mac pulls out his phone and tries to call Peyton, but she's changed her number. He sees her leave the apartment with Tate. When he looks back at the bedroom, he sees that the bird is convulsing in the cage.

~ BTW, about our three revolving characters: Lindsay and Adam are there. No sign of Sid, but that doesn't automatically mean anything. :)
Dun dun duuuuun! What's in the canister? Who is the mysterious Tate? And why is Peyton back in New York City? Find out the answer to these questions and more in the penultimate episode of CSI: New York's sixth season, "Point of View", airing this May on CBS.

:p :p :p *is a dork*

Last edited:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew Peyton was coming back! I had a feeling she would be the one throwing the wrench in Mac's new relationship. Veeerrry interesting.

Thanks for the spoilers. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew Peyton was coming back! I had a feeling she would be the one throwing the wrench in Mac's new relationship. Veeerrry interesting.

Thanks for the spoilers. :D

Yaaaay!! I said it flippantly, but I'm so happy it turns out it is her!!! :beer:

Thanks for the spoilers.

O.K. Wow! To say the least. Sounds interesting but kind of weird also. We have all the makings of a soap opera here so that's kind of scary. But it could be really good! Just have to wait and see. I am just really not sure what to make of Peyton's return and all these ""events" happening out Mac's window? I have to say this one has got me intrigued though.

~ After Adam leaves, Mac turns his attention to Tate's apartment. He sees Tate enter, carrying a birdcage with a bird inside. Tate takes the canister out of the briefcase Ivan gave him and carefully places several drops of the liquid inside of it onto the paper in the bottom of the birdcage. He turns toward the front door of his apartment before carrying the birdcage, briefcase and canister into the bedroom of the apartment. When he returns, he opens the front door to reveal his visitor: Peyton Driscoll (Claire Forlani).

~ Mac pulls out his phone and tries to call Peyton, but she's changed her number. He sees her leave the apartment with Tate. When he looks back at the bedroom, he sees that the bird is convulsing in the cage.

Thanks Faylinn. :thumbsup: Oh my goodness! Payton is back? What is it, a love quadangle? :guffaw:

LOL, nice! :lol: I knew Peyton'd make more sense than anyone else...now I'm just kind of hoping she's changed in the last three years.

Very exciting indeed! :D

Ok, here we go - and it looks like we get an answer about the 'other woman' spoiler:

6.22 "Point of View":

~ Something happened to Mac - I'm not entirely sure how he's injured, but his ribs are hurt at least. He and Stella are at his apartment, getting ready to eat Chinese food. They're watching people through the windows in Mac's apartment.

~ They see a pair of teenagers making out in an apartment across the way before the girl's mother comes in and sends the boy out. Mac and Stella reminisce about being teenagers - Mac indicates that he got into some trouble when he was younger, but he changes the subject when Stella tries to ask just what kind of trouble that might be. When she leaves the room to get bottles of water for them to drink with their food, Mac turns his attention to a different apartment.

~ In this apartment, he sees a man (Tate) pacing around as if he's nervous or worried. A younger man (Ivan) enters the apartment and hands Tate a metal briefcase - Tate opens the briefcase and takes out a metal canister of some sort. He hands Ivan an envelope, and Ivan leaves.

~ There is a dead guy found in a restaurant bathroom. It turns out to be Ivan, the younger man Mac saw in the apartment across from his own. There's evidence that he was sweating and that he wet his pants. There's also a broken mirror and some blood in the restaurant bathroom.

~ The team is able to match the blood to a guy named Troy, who has prior assaults in his record, but he denies killing Ivan - he says he just punched the mirror because he found out his girlfriend was pregnant, and he isn't ready to be a father.

~ Mac and Adam go to Mac's apartment to keep an eye on Tate. Adam acts like a dork, messing with Mac's autographed football (with Joe Namath's signature ;)) and asking too many questions. Mac sends him out of the room for some reason.

Dun dun duuuuun! What's in the canister? Who is the mysterious Tate? And why is Peyton back in New York City? Find out the answer to these questions and more in the penultimate episode of CSI: New York's sixth season, "Point of View", airing this May on CBS.

:p :p :p *is a dork*

Wow that seems like a really good episode!!! Can't wait for that one!!!1

Peyton back on the show = Shane watching the show once again.

I liked Peyton before the whole letter thing ... but this is such a soap opera cliche plot. :lol: Do they realize how many shows bring back the ex-love to attempt to throw a problem into a new relationship? What is it with NY and Miami wanting to soap opera-ize their shows? :lol: I'm really disappointed that the writers went the highly predictable route with this. I really like Aubrey and think she and Mac are cute together. Team Aubrey FTW! :D

I liked Peyton before the whole letter thing ... but this is such a soap opera cliche plot. :lol: Do they realize how many shows bring back the ex-love to attempt to throw a problem into a new relationship? What is it with NY and Miami wanting to soap opera-ize their shows? :lol: I'm really disappointed that the writers went the highly predictable route with this. I really like Aubrey and think she and Mac are cute together. Team Aubrey FTW! :D

I thought the letter was stupid, but I still like Peyton. But so far I like Aubrey too. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens and hopefully there won't be too much soapiness. Unless they have a total "Dynasty"esque chick fight over Mac. That'd be awesome! :lol: :shifty:

I'm just happy the other woman isn't Stella. :p

Oh, something I forgot to say: I saw Lindsay and Adam (obviously, I mentioned him before), but I didn't see Sid. However, that doesn't mean he won't be there, just that he isn't in the spoilers I saw. :)

Unless they have a total "Dynasty"esque chick fight over Mac. That'd be awesome!

haha that would be hilarious, especially if they dug out the perms, power shoulders and shiny jackets :D

We have all the makings of a soap opera here so that's kind of scary.

it really really does. the bringing back of long-gotten-over love interests is very very soap worthy, and it worries me.

i'm glad it's not stella too, but i'm not sure about the return of peyton either - i never hated her but there was so little chemistry, it bothers me a bit.

there are some inconsistencies too - if they're doing a stakeout in mac's apartment, why's adam there? unless it's some kind of hi tech geeky A/V stakeout.

mac's off at home because he has hurt ribs - but mac would work through just about anything!

also isn't it weird how the last few eps have revealed mac to be a major sports fan; racing, football etc. i know he was quite nifty with his mickey mantle bat in tanglewood, but otherwise he's hardly been played as a major sports fan. i guess there have been little snippets though.

i do like the idea of mac & stella people watching :D

over all the ep itself (the watching through windows to other people's lives and then getting embroiled in them) is an interesting idea, but i worry that the peyton thing could be pure unadulterated soap - i really hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:

Peyton back on the show
Oh Boy here we go!!:lol:
6.22 "Point of View"
:

Stella: We've become a race of Peeping Toms. What people ought to do is get outside their own house and look in for a change. Yes sir. How's that for a bit of homespun philosophy?
MAC AKA Jeff: Readers Digest, April 1939.
Stella: Well, I only quote from the best.
I believe Mac has just become L B Jefferies:lol:

^Wow, this episode does sound like it could be interesting. Sort of "Rear Window-esque."

Not sure how I feel about Peyton's return. I didn't really like her at the end and can't imagine Mac still having significant feelings for her. But it certainly might make Aubrey more palatable. Gotta wait and see on this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back