CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

*heaves sigh* i knew she (Aubrey) wasn't going to be a permanent character, but i have to admit, there was a part of me that really hoped that would somehow happen. especially after seeing her debut. she was great in that character, they wrote her pretty well i thought, there was chemistry, it was an outside-the-lab genuine romantic interest (and yes, it is high time for such a thing!!!), and any character that can elicit those looks from mac has my whole-hearted support!;) but no, it seems we're going to end with a cliche at best, and at the worst some horrible angsty/soapy/implausible/fanfic-type love drama. and no matter which way it turns out, poor mac is going to be plunged into his seemingly inescapable emotional turmoil and torture again....:( so yes, while that's fantastic for Madchen Amick :D, i was hoping against hope that she would be sticking around:(

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, I was also thinking again about a point someone else had brought up, I believe it may have been Top, who said the notion of a romantic storyline, w/o particulars, may first have been intended for Sheldon, and then thru the season's usual evolution and morphing, been directed to Mac instead, or whether each of Mac and Sheldon had originally been slotted a romance. Either way, I still get the impression it was to have been part of a specific arc rather than the introduction of another true new recurring character.

I think Haylen suffered for being introduced so soon after the show had killed off Angel. I also think she was introduced as a potential long-term recurring as opposed to having been brought in with a specific arc to play, and that ambiguity of being there without being tied into some sort of framework or storyline likely hurt her as well. Last, having her butt heads with Adam probably didn't win her over some fans as well :lol:.

Well, give them a wee bit of credit too. Within a very limited amount of airtime, and for huge sums of $$, they do have to make decisions as to where the best use of them lies and with what stories. If it was an idea of the producers to try and shake things up with a new character I do have to give them kudos for giving it a shot, and equally so for nixing it if it wasn't working as they'd wished.

Last year in S5 they had a 3-ep arc for guest actors, and I think that had certain benefits. Characters were given a framework within a story (eg. Dunbrook), or at least a slot within the department (I'm thinking of Gillian here). It wasn't as aimless an intro as what Haylen seemed to get. Mebbe that sort of cap/test run could be a good way to approach any other potential integration of recurring characters. Perhaps they've already done so with Aubrey.

Well, just continuing on here. It's not impossible that they'd actually continue with the relationship into S7, simply with written references and the odd cameo part. Dependent of course with what they've brought her in to play out this season. ;)

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, i agree, she did suffer from all those things, but i think she wasn't given any chance at all to develop, even a little bit, or to prove herself as a character, which i think was kind of a shame.

oh yeah, i do get that, i can see why they did it and sometimes if something isn't working it is best to just nip it in the bud, but i just felt that after all the fanfare they made over haylen starting, it was a bit sad to just drop it completely so fast.

i agree, i think a 3-ep arc is a reasonable amount of judgement time for new characters, but like you said about the haylen thing, it would only really work if they were brought in for something specific (like dunbrook was for those particular cases, ditto gillian) and then if they prove a good choice, maybe consider bringing them back. haylen didn't even get that much! don't get me wrong, i'm not a haylen cheerleader, i thought she was ok but didn't love her, i just thought it was kind of sad to make that kind of decision based on a combined airtime of about 5 minutes.

i wonder if aubrey will hang around - i'm guessing this alleged triangle story may put paid to that, or as has been suggested if her pilot works out maybe she'll continue to season 7 but only as a cameo or something - i guess we just wait and see. i just hope they don't panic at certain reactions to her and drop her like a stone without giving her a chance.

yeah, i agree, basically.

4. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

3 new tweets from Hill:

"Just finished as The Fishing School...Racing to the airport to catch my flight...Shooting CSI: NY tomorrow."

"Made it to the airport on time! We are shooting Ep. 20 now. Just 3 more to go for the season! And I'm excited to see the cut of Ep. 19!".

"RT @david_livick: @hillharper Is it the final season?--> ABSOLUTELY NOT!...THE SHOW IS STRONGER THAN EVA'!!!!! :) HH"

Ok so apparently we'll get a season 7 :):)

5. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Oh this is great news! Thanks Messers fan. :thumbsup: He seems to be confident of Ep 19. Hope it would be a great work and a strong transition for the finale. :D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm excited for episode 19, too! I wonder who wrote it.

Too bad Aubrey isn't sticking around longer (well, I imagine it depends on whether or not the pilot she got cast in actually gets picked up to series), but that was probably the actress's choice, not CSI: NY's.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New spoiler from Fancast:

8. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Wow, thanks for sharing!!!! That's awesome!! I love Stella-centric episodes and this one sounds very promising! :)
    Thanks also for Hill's tweets! I'm glad it's not the final season yet!! ;)

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Thanks for a ray of hope Elwood!:D although my logical, objective brain is still insisting on telling me that her character will exit exit. Though like i said, it better be in a plausible fashion and not a slapped together thing like with Haylen (although i also get the feeling that since she's not planned to stick around in the first place, her exit is also already planned out...) and with minimal teenage angst involved...:shifty:

huh, i guess i never even questioned that we'd be having season 7 come the fall, what with the whole 'cliffhanger' finale teasers and contracts not being up until the end of next year. now after next season is when things could get interesting....:p

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ yeah, i agree, next season is the one to worry about (haha, sorry)

11. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

yeah, maybe they'll carry on as if we weren't even here! :lol: *grin, could help it!* anyway......;) i think we've already gotten clues as to the direction of next season. and while i can't get rid of the feeling that it could be the last, they've been more than savvy enough to keep most all options open in the story line as regarding the remaining vs exiting of certain characters/actors (well, gary in particular...), but i have a sneaky suspicion that we'll be able to get a far better sense of what's going to happen with these last few eps this season, and i'm very interested in seeing how things develop story-wise. i just hope they don't do anything embarrassing/lame along the way..... i.e. baby-napping and, god help us, a love triangle...:shifty:

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

From MegaBuzz:

Nothing we didn't already know, though.

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i couldn't either ;)

yeah, i agree. not a lot more to add but i agree.

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I think they didn't give Haylen the best introduction -- and if they were initially planning to add her as a regular, that's what they should've worked hard at: making her realistic -- but I also think they should've stuck it out. And I'm saying this as someone who wasn't looking forward to her showing up :lol:, but as Mary Sue as she was, I thought she had some potential. A lot of the factors affecting her reception were ones that affect any new character who comes into an established team fairly late into the series, and (depending on the viewer) is seen as replacing another character.

Much as I like Jesse on Miami, he's still not being received very warmly in general; and it's not only been almost a year, but he's had a fair number of storylines as well. Riley on CSI had a fairly cold reception too, and she was fleshed out about a hundred times better than Haylen was...plus had been fairly integrated into the Vegas team. Not to mention Tara Price, Miami again. So I don't know how exactly a new character overcomes those kinds of obstacles, but I think TPTB should've been expecting that sort of reception with Haylen, and either prepared for it, or stuck it out when things weren't going well.

Aubrey, in contrast, has been received well, in general -- you'd think they'd keep her, with the work half-done for them :lol: I don't think she was ever supposed to be sticking around for long, but all the same, it's entirely likely her relationship with Mac will last.

As to the show ending, I can't picture that now :lol: The franchise in general still gains a lot of viewers; I'd always just assumed that NY would have at least as many seasons as Vegas does now.

15. dairiz_101

dairiz_101 Victim

i don't if u guys hav heard that epi 19 is where hawkes gets tapped in a jail during da time da jail was on lock down. den also dat mac and da team were going to get da blueprint of da prison and break him out.. here is da video for da spoiler.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRvK4TKrsUk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.