FlashForward

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

It seems that the answer is... not enough.

From TV Guide online:

ABC Benches FlashForward Until March
    Dec 3, 2009 10:13 PM ET
    by Kate Stanhope

Flash Forward will be taking an extended hiatus until March 4 following Thursday's new episode, TVGuide.com has confirmed. An ABC spokesperson tells TVGuide.com that the later date will allow the serial drama to air new episodes back-to-back without repeats. The Wrap, which first reported the news, also says ABC does not want the show to have to compete with the 2010 Winter Olympics, airing in February on NBC.

FlashForward was originally scheduled to return with new episodes in January 2010. However, a preview at the end of the latest episode revealed new episodes would not air until March 2010. Among the many revelations made in the preview was an indication that there will be another blackout.

FlashForward debuted strong in October to 12.4 million viewers and a 4.1 rating among adults ages 18-49 but has dropped off significantly since. The Nov. 19 episode attracted 7.97 million viewers and a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demo.

No word yet on which show will take over FlashForward's Thursday time slot at 8/7c.

2. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I absolutely love this series. I'm disappointed to hear about what they are going to do.

...and yes, Jack Davenport - well - oh my :D

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Ouch, no more FF until March? :(
    So they have to "kill or not" Demetri by that time, wasn't on March 15th?

And, yeah, Jack Davenport looked hot with the suit, well, he looks great no matter what he wears. :devil:

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

That is a shame about the ratings. I dont wont to wait that long to see the rest of it!!
    Daquien- I think you are right. This break will definitely throw the timescale off. I hope they dont kill off Demetri, I like his character.
    Over here (UK) the show is doing really well, rating wise. Its the top programme on the channel it is on, beating Miami to the top spot.
    I suppose I will have to wait a little longer then to see Jack back in that suit................

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Crossing Jordan's Ravi Kapoor will appear on an upcoming episode of FlashForward, TVGuide.com has learned.

Kapoor will play Malik, a man who comes in contact with Aaron Stark (Brian F. O'Byrne) when Aaron travels to Afghanistan to search for answers related to his daughter's military service and subsequent disappearance, sources close to the show said.

Kapoor, who played Dr. Mahesh "Bug" throughout Crossing Jordan's six-season run, has recently guest-starred on 24, Fringe and Heroes.

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

An update on what's happening with FlashForward.

FlashForward will be back on the air on Thursday March 18 with two, yes that's correct 2 new episodes. On Tuesday March 16th ABC will air a one hour special at 10pm, after Lost, recapping the first 10 shows. Then the two new episodes on Thursday night. On Saturday ABC will repeat the two episodes again starting at 8pm. I'm particularly excited to see that ABC is still very much committed to the show. It'll be interesting to see how the new writers will finish out the first season and if it will try and steer back towards the book a bit more. Time will tell.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Finally. I've been waiting for this to come back on again. I hope it picks up for an exciting season conclusion!

8. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Yay, thanks for the good news, Jacquie:)! I love this show...especially Demetri!

9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

very excited to see this show coming back i've missed it so much.

10. hammer

hammer Dead on Arrival

you have given the very good information of this show. my friends also told me that it is good show. But due to lack of time I have not watched it yet. But now soon I will start watching it online...

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

The series is resuming here in the Uk on Monday night, with a double bill.
    Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten most of it! Im sure once I see it again it will all come back to me, hopefully.

12. BabaOReilly

They showed a refresher episode here last night before it returns Thursday night- you should keep your eyes peeled for something similar over there, I'm thinking.

13. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Not much happened really... lots of overlap and repeated showings of the same flashes. Nothing a good wiki can't fix. :)

14. BabaOReilly

Hmmm. I think this could have easily been a 1 hour ep. They could have cut out most of the first hour and gotten to the good stuff. This show seems to have gotten really hit and miss... I was hoping for an upswing when it started up again, but it still hasn't really grabbed me as much as it did in the beginning. I'm not giving up just yet though, since there was some cool stuff near the end. They really need to get rid of all the boring side stories though. :p

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I completely agree. I was alittle bored during some of the 1st episode. I had really enjoyed the other episodes but I dont think the break has done it much good. The second episode was better, I like Simon's character. I will stick with it, because I think it can get exciting again.