Episode 8x17 - 'Getting Axed' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 5, 2010.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Frank's tie = eeww. Jesse's tie = pretty. :lol:

Aww I thought Ryan was gonna get the one liner before the credits for a minute there. I think would have fainted if he had. :lol:

Walter: I think I smell a lie.

:lol: poor Tom getting stuck in the elevator. Ryan had his mind on the case and didn't hear Tom asking for the ladder. That sounds kind of like me. When I'm focused on something, I tend to tune everything else out. :lol:

H: Mission not accomplished. :lol:

C: What's the matter Tom? Don't you like her shade?

Suspect: I wanted to give her the case of the runs, not the Anna Nicoles. :lol:

Ha! Dig against tabloids FTW!

Cal and Ryan arm-in-arm was cute. I've always loved their bro/sis like friendship. :)

I like the turquoise chairs in the vic's place.

Wait... purple Hyacinth means you're seeking forgiveness? How on Earth did Ryan know that? :lol:

Did the girl not get arrested for drugging the vic's food?

The music when the killer was being cuffed sounded like suspense movie end music. :lol: I kind of liked it though.

The elevator scene at the end was classic. :guffaw: Loved it.

Screentime was nicely done with the exception of Natalia being MIA.

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Stupid question time but couldn't Tom just have hand dropped instead of needing a ladder? He is a big guy

3. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

A good episode... nicely done!!! the editing was great, i seriously loved all the fun present in the whole episode. It was a nice change from "all serious" mood to a light-hearted tale... :p

A+ from me. Ryan was so :adore:

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I enjoyed this one too. Yes, I too noticed that Natalia was mysteriously absent. Wonder if that's what Jesse was referring to when he asked whether Travers had a girlfriend. (Although I have to agree with everyone here; it didn't flow well)

Great to see Dave Benton again, though he didn't seem as laid back this time.

Good old Frank and his smart-alechy remarks! :thumbsup:

TPTB are going to have to decide whether Calleigh is the catsuit fantasy woman or the lighthearted Southern belle who makes jokes. She can't be both.

Geez, talk about a dysfunctional family! And I thought MY office was messed up! Incidentally, that guy who made a fake son? If the office denies him time or lays him off because he's childless (and he can prove that's why they did it), he should file a complaint with the state labor board.

Sorry but Renee's character didn't come across as believable to me. She went to a prestigious school, supposedly, and had experience with middle and upper-level management. Someone like that would know better than to walk into a conference and tell someone that their Herpes medication was there. She would have told the person that they had an important delivery or something.

Yay! Horatio in the lab again, evern though he was just looking on.

Not sure what I think about Calleigh going with Ryan arm in arm. Is she cheating on Eric again?

Frank and the Three Musketeers in the elevator. Yep, I loved that one. Perfect ending! All in all, one of the better ones this season.

(Got lots of towels handy for my Rick fix next week, even though it's a repeat :drool:)

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Probably showing that they still have a great working relationship and are still friends.The writers had all but forgotten that they at one time worked well together and how friendly they once were toward each other.

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

When did Calleigh cheat on Eric? The only thing that comes to mind is when she was involved with Jake; but they weren't together yet.

IMO Calleigh and Ryan's relationship is not a brother/sister chemistry. Yes they do have a great working chemistry; but over the years there flirty banter was fun to watch. He could make her blush; which was cute. TPTB is starting to remember the on screen chemistry that Jon and Emily have. I don't beleive she is cheating on Eric. I just think she is regaining her fun personality and reestablishing relationships that have suffered because of her distration.

7. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

It was a joke.

Seriously though, it just seems strange that there wouldn't be that on-screen chemistry for several seasons, and then they'd pick it up again. JMHO.

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

To tell the truth, I don't know what the writers are thinking. They seem to be all over the map. We all how inconsistant they are. IMO they may be trying to staighten out the mess they created in regards to the interpersonal working/personal relationships destroyed over the past few years.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Does anyone recall the full conversation?
    I can't pinpoint any reason (in the convo beforehand) why Jesse asked if he had a girlfriend yet....was it a dig at Mike for being geeky, or was Mike grumpy & Jesse thought he "needed to get some"?

:confused:

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I did think it was a joke,but I do think the writers wanted to show friendship after they pretty much destroyed what a great working relationship and friendship they once had.
    Does anyone recall the full conversation?
    I don't recall a reason either . I assumed Jesse was indicating Mike was geeky etc...

11. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Like the episode overall, tho i'll admit that i thought the guy living in the ceiling was over the top. that and the girl named Valerie being a complete idiot, considering she and i share a name :p. i'm starting to agree about H's shirts: for one scene i could swear he was wearing the blue one again and was actually excited. over a shirt!! as for the ryan and calleigh scene, i thought it was cute. i can easily see myself doing it with a friend and even skipping along with it.

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

You know, no matter how many times I saw that axe in Renee's head, it was still gross. A pretty fair episode though

Random thoughts:

I loved Ryan. He looked hot hot hot (despite the Ken doll hair), pretty slim and I love how involved in the case he was. I thought it was pretty funny that Ryan was so preoccupied with the evidence that he left Tom without a ladder:lol:. Kind of making up for the times Tom was a little snippy. He got to work a little with everyone, and had pretty good screentime.

Wasn't that Adam Wylie from Malcom in the Middle? He has really grown. I thought him living in the ceiling a little weird.

Where was Natalia?!

]I was really enjoying everyone getting an opportunity to work with everyone else. Jesse/Calleigh, Ryan/Jesse, Ryan/Walter, Walter/Calleigh, etc. Enjoyed Jesse and Ryan brainstorming. That is what is so refreshing about this season; the teamwork has returned

I had to look twice to see if Ryan and Calleigh were arm in arm. Saw it as a innocent, light hearted moment, two friends goofing around. It was good to see because I thought they kind of abandoned their close relationship for awhile.:)

I thought the writing was a little off at times. Ryan mentioning how much he wanted Renee's house once was enough and although his question, IMO, was just to make conversation while he waited for Mike's results, I still found Jesse's asking Mike Travers if he had a girlfriend a little pointless.

Good to see both Dave Benton and Mike Travers although I thought Mike seemed a little testy, which seemed off for him.

A rather annoying group of coworkers. I was, as Xeri was a little surprised to see Valerie still free after admitting she was poisoning Renee.

I may be wrong but the writers were trying, IMO, to make Renee appear as if she wasn't a totally witch, what with her guilt over the girl's suicide and covering for the PR man and his dog.

My favorite scene in this episode (and my favorite scene this season so far) the very last one. I was so glad Frank was written in!! I thought the writing was very good and Jon's, Rex's, Eddie's and Omar's comedic delivery was spot on. It made me laugh out loud

I give this episode an A for the decent screentime for all, the effort to have everyone work with everyone else, and the last scene:)

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have done that with a guy friend. Well, not the skipping. :lol:

Ken doll hair! :guffaw: I agree he looked hot. :)

I thought Mike seemed like he was tired or on edge or something too. The scene with him and Jesse kind of reminded me of Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest's scenes on AI. Off camera they are supposedly friends, but during working hours, they are always poking fun at each other. :lol:

14. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Two things about Valerie

Considering her crime, small doce poison, her admittance to the crime, and her lack of a record, I'm guessing that her bail wouldn't be very high and that she would have been in custody for only a few hours.

The ending was spliced on purpose.
    We got the murderer (Jeffery Lipton?) at MDPD. He is take out of the interrogation room to the hall and put in hand cuffs. He looks over and sees...
    Splice!
    The business office were he worked, with his name being scraped off of his office door.
    All of his co-workers are there (including Valerie), and come out and look up and see...
    Splice!
    In the MDPA, the murderer hang his head in shame.

I thought that it was well done.

15. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

Not to mention pulling the fire alarm when there was no fire... umm that's the point of the ink/dye on it.. to catch the person who did it, because it's a serious crime!! (costs money, time, and resources to attend to a fake fire, when there could be a real emergency else where... or the panic of the false alarm could cause an emergency as well...etc).