Episode 8x17 - 'Getting Axed' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I taped this episode because I had to go out. When I came home, I was able to catch the last 10 or so minutes of it. It really bothered me that the whole plot line and solution was presented in those 10 minutes. I began to even wonder- why bother waiting for the taping to end so that I could watch from the beginning. It may have won in the ratings but I thought that such a flub was indicative of poor writing. I didn't tape CSI NY- I watched it from beginning to end and it didn't have this flub at all- what IS wrong with with the Miami writers? Maybe they need to borrow some from the NY show. When I think of Jesse, Tom and Walter and compare them to their counterparts in NY, I just cringe; there is no depth to any of them- more and more I'm getting to want to see them depart from the series. IMHO, they just bring the whole thing down; a sliding slope down the road to parody. Miami deserves SO much better! :(

When I think of Jesse, Tom and Walter and compare them to their counterparts in NY, I just cringe; there is no depth to any of them- more and more I'm getting to want to see them depart from the series. IMHO, they just bring the whole thing down; a sliding slope down the road to parody. Miami deserves SO much better! :(

I'm the opposite of this. I never can get into CSI:NY because I find their characters boring with the exception of Mac and Stella. I tried to give that show a chance and the only reason I've watched it is due to a crossover...

To me Vegas and Miami's characters are way more interesting and have more character ....

When I think of Jesse, Tom and Walter and compare them to their counterparts in NY, I just cringe; there is no depth to any of them- more and more I'm getting to want to see them depart from the series. IMHO, they just bring the whole thing down; a sliding slope down the road to parody. Miami deserves SO much better! :(

I'm the opposite of this. I never can get into CSI:NY because I find their characters boring with the exception of Mac and Stella. I tried to give that show a chance and the only reason I've watched it is due to a crossover...

To me Vegas and Miami's characters are way more interesting and have more character ....

Same here. No offense to those who like CSI:NY, but it's just not my cup of tea. I can't really get into the characters. I don't dislike any of them, but they're just kind of bland. I do think that Mac, Stella, and the M.E. are the most interesting.

NY? It is a different show, a different feel and I had to get used to it too. However, I never found the characters to be dull or bland.. But if others do, that's okay- each to their tastes...
As for characters added into Miami these past 2 seasons, obviously, I'm in the minority for sure, but that's fine; I'm used to it. All in all, I hope the bugs that we've seen this season will get worked out next season. I've never really followed the E/C romance, so I'll have to see how this works out.

BTW, when is Rick going to return and how much air time will he get next season? I'm looking forward to seeing him! SMILES!

I am going to have to agree with CSI-AJ and silentdisco on this one. I have tried to get into CSI:NY only to find the characters boring. IMO if they could just transplant the storylines from NY to Miami - what a show that would be. It all boils down to good writing.

Back