Eddie Cahill #5: Charismatic Brilliance

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Your memory was correct. Actually I did search and I misunderstood one line! :eek: Yeah, it was all Eddie, and the other guy seems to have been standing around him all the time or something like that. I think reconstructing a olympic level and one of the legendary hockey game would be extremely difficult so it made sense to me that maybe there was a double for some tough scenes on ice. But the commentary said that all the actors were hockey players or had experience and Eddie said he was struck so many time by the puck, he got used to it. So it was weird and even disappointing to think that the man behind the mask was not him. I'm really happy now. :D

I didn't mean to make you feel bad. And I never underestimate Eddie's effort and all. Miracle is one of my favorite films and it's one of the greatest sports movies and Eddie was HOT in it. :lol: I hope I'm making sense in this post because english is not my mother language.

Me too. :D

2. lal

lal Pathologist

I would love to see that too :D

3. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi just ordered Miracle , i can't wait to watch it !

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

All in all, a great movie. Eddie was also fantastic in it! You will enjoy it!

5. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

When you get the movie listen to the commentary while watching the movie. They say some great things about Eddie, and you get to find out something very interesting about him that he did in high school. :)

6. lal

lal Pathologist

Ok thanks :thumbsup: i'm interest to find out what he did :)

7. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Well, it has been fairly difficult to find Miracle here. But I was finally able to order my own copy, and I will get it within the next couple of days. But you got me excited, as it's always nice to hear people talk about Eddie, and also know more about the man himself.

8. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

Let’s just say, according to the guys that were talking about Eddie; mentioned that hockey was NOT one of his first sports he ever played. :shifty:

9. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

Don Flack/Eddie Cahill is cool, I think I like him more after I thought that Mac Taylor gave this look to him that made me think that he wanted him and vice versa.

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

What? That is very surprising? But don't give me more details, untill I have seen it personally.

But I agree with Hotspot, Don/Eddie are both really cool. Eddie is pretty much 'Don Flack' for me, as I haven't seen him much in other stuff yet. Only guest roles in a couple of tv-shows. But no main character in another tv-show or movie yet. I still think both Eddie and Don are cool and I like them both.

11. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Yeah, what's the surprise? :confused: It may be only false assumptions from my part but I don't think hockey is that hot in NYC when you got two major (and enormously popular, much adored) baseball leagues there... so I'm not shocked that hockey is not his first sport he played. And really, do we really care :lol: Reading his NHL blog, we can all agree that he damn loves the sport anyway and that he's dedicated and passionate about it! :D:thumbsup:

12. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Hmm, I think I either misunderstood it or simply read it totally wrong. As I first thought it was the first sport he liked and started to play. That would be surprising, as I always thought it would be hockey. I am not surprised that he was active in other sports, and that he liked them too. As I assume you have to like playing something if you shall continue playing it. So I thought Hockey was the first sport he liked, even if he started to play some other sport first.

Either way, I had no idea what I was thinking, so you can ignore me.

13. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

My replied was more related about the guys saying it was not his first sport playing and the smiley by Churchmouse kinda implied that she wasn't liking that piece of information that much lol I honestly don't know what was his first sports playing but like I said I think baseball is pretty much bigger in NYC compared to hockey. And mainly, in the USA, hockey is not the first sport for a lot of people as baseball, basketball and football are really the top favourites, no? Like I said, I could be wrong. These are just my assumptions from what I've seen so far.

14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

You are right, these sports are most likely more popular in New York than hockey. Especially baseball, from what I've been told. But I only knew that Eddie is a big fan of icehockey, and even read somewhere that he has a blog (or something like that) where he writes about it. So I never guessed he could like any other sport too.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Carmine Giovinazzo is doing a live chat with TV.com right now and here is the best part so far:

Q: I just love watching Danny/Flack scenes. There is such a great dynamic between those two characters & let's not forget that sexy New York accent you both have ;). Would you say there is also such a dynamic between Eddie and you off screen?
    JoeyDC

A: Carmine Giovinazzo:
    Yes, Eddie and I have been dating since season 3. :guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.