Adam/Stella: It only takes one night to lead you to love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I don´t think there´s a pro- or contra attitude towards Adella concerning the producers. It´s true they always play with lots of ideas and story lines, but very often they get lost without a trace. Haylen is the best example: they announced her as the new recurring character, giving her a mysterious aura that she has a secret and then after only three episodes, they let her story drop. And I don´t think the only reason is that she didn´t really appeal to the audience. Most fans were surely willing to wait and give her a chance to develop her character, before they finally judge on her; and TPTB know that and therefore if they had really wanted to keep Haylen, they would have done so, regardless of the fans´initial comments. They could have changed her profile to a somewhat more positive and nicer character to make her more appealing to the fans. But instead they dropped her completely, because they changed the direction towards a new love interest for Mac.
    And I guess the same happened with Adella, although in this case there might also add a certain lack of courage. You mentioned "My name is Mac Taylor" and that the originally written final scene with Adam and Stella was supposed to be the two going out for a pizza together. But it was changed into the famous lab scene with the two sitting in front of the PC-screens and having fun with searching their own and their team mates´names. Sweet and lovely as this scene was nonetheless, but it also showed that apparently TPTB already were not brave enough to go for the Adella-idea, although this story was already in their minds then. So instead of letting their flirtations grow into a romance, TPTB culminated them in a mere one-night-stand and let whatever they already might have written for Adella drop for good.
    The same might happen with Hawkes- where is his love interest, and where is his arc? For now it looks as though he´s only getting one more Sheldon-centered episode in 6.19 and I doubt that the love interest will still happen in this season.
    I could add more examples of such dropped ideas and stories and I agree that especially in this season there seems a massive instability and lack of continuity. I understand that sometimes TPTB drop ideas when they feel they won´t turn into good stories, but they should decide about such things BEFORE they put the first chapter on the screen and not inmidst or after a few episodes and keep us wondering what´s happened to this or that story.

Oh, and on another note: please don´t be too strong with Debbie, after all she and her smacked family are nice to Non-Smackies like me and let me post in their thread and write my opinions, even if they are not Pro-Smacked :). And Debs just wrote her opinion about Adella and she did it in a fair way. I thought in this thread you can write anything Adella-related, and that´s what she did, even if she isn´t a fan of Adella.

2. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

If you go back to page one you will see that this thread is for those who support Adella. You can also see that she was one of the first posters here and she started out by making negative remarks. She was warned by the mods at that time that if she had something to say against them to go to the dislike/ debate thread. Like I said it is in the first few post on page 1. In fact if you go back to page 1 you will see that the mods said it twice, this is a thread for peopole who ship Adella.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm going to step in here...

Although the poster didn't say anything negative about either character or about the relationship itself, those kinds of comments are best left to the Debate/Dislike thread.

Yea, this thread is for Adam and Stella and their relationship. And everyone has the right to their opinion.

I can see that some of you were bothered by the comments the previous poster made. I'm here to say that in the future, if you don't like the ship/pairing, stay out of the thread.

4. harmier

harmier Victim

Make her more appealing? I'm not sure if they could. The way they introduced her made it look like she was after Adam's job and some people even got the vibe that she would do anything to get the job even if it meant that Adam had to be fired. That didn't sit well with the audience. And even if they spent a couple of episodes making it look like she wasn't after Adam's job, the initial impression of the character might make the audience think that she was after Adam's job and trying to pretend like she wasn't.

They shot themselves in the foot with they way they introduced her.

Just because they changed the scene in My Name is Mac Taylor doesn't mean that they lacked the courage at that time. Sure, Adella shippers think it would've been cool to have them go out for pizza. However, as others noted earlier in the thread, the scene they finally decided on worked better within the context of the episode. It serves the same function as the original scene by setting up Adella but ties into the rest of the episode by having Stella and Adam look up namesakes of some of the main characters.

And I'm one of the viewers who don't think that they've actually dropped Adella. If they did, then why did we get Blacklist (written by Peter Lenkov and containing the shoulder touch), Battle Scars (his Adam Ross.edu joke, the way he looks at her after telling the joke, and the way it looks like she's trying not to laugh), It Happened to Me and Manhattanehenge? We just haven't had a lot since Manhattenhenge then because AJ Buckley took some time off to work on Ghostfacers or something like that.

But it would be funny if maybe Pam V. actually tried to drop the Adella storyline and the cast/crew revolted to force the issue. Writers wrote it in when they could with Carmine Giovinazzo even making sure to have a mention of Adam in a scene with Stella in it even though it's one of the episodes that AJ Buckley doesn't appear in. Directors directed Melina and AJ to amp up the flirting when appropriate. And the costume department made sure that only Stella and Adam were really dressed up at the end of Manhattanhenge. :beer: Okay, that probably didn't happen, but it would've been cool to hear about.

5. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

ITA, ;) First about Haylen. When she first appeared alot of fans took an instant hate to her. :klingon: And this was clear on these boards and on the cbs boards. They came up with all kinds of awful nicknames for her, and they did not hold back their feelings at all. :mad::angryrazz: I have said before I did not like the caracter either. :p I did however feel bad for the actress who played her. It was not her fault the writers introduced her so badly. :alienblush: I have also said that it was sad that instead of fixing the situation with good writing they just desides to let her go. :eek::wtf:

Second about Adella. I love them:adore::luvlove: If the writers just desided to drop them and are not trying to suggest that there is something going on still, :drool: they are the worst writers in history, because the spark and chem between them is so obvious;) for them to ignore it is just stupid. :( You cannot write chemistry, create it or manufacture it. Two people have it or they don't. AJ and Melina have it naturally:hugegrin: Gary and Melina do not. :rolleyes: I love Mac and stella both but like I said you cannot write, produce, direct or fake chemistery that is not there. :cool: With that said I do hope the writers realize what they have in Adella and go with it. :drool: But the way they are doing things this year who knows. Let's just hope for the best:beer:

6. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I have to disagree. Melina and Gary have chemistry, but only friendly chemistry. In my own opinion of course. I think there is a huge difference between romantic and friendly chemistry as people can be friends without EVER becoming lovers/or the friendship leads to something more than only friendship. So in my opinion chemistry can be there: Either friendly or romantic. If not, the chemistry simple isn't there. You can't fake it, or try to force the chemistry to be there.

Looking at the past and older episodes, the writers (and producers) obviously saw the chemistry between Melina/AJ and wanted to create a story with their characters. Otherwise, they would not give us some great Adella-moments at all. But somehow they decided to change it. I have no idea why.

7. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I agree with Vildis, Gary and Melina have a really great chemistry, too, and it shows on their acting together as Stella and Mac and I agree that it´s just a platonic chemistry, a really great and trustful friendship that I wouldn´t want to miss for the world and that´s why I´d be scared if they´d make them a couple after all those years, it might destroy and spoil this special relationship they have.

And honestly, I wonder if this is exactly what´s happening to Adella: as much as I´d like the two still to date and have "something going on", I am scared as well that it might destroy their lovely chemistry. I mean, something has obviously changed since their one-night-stand, though there have been a few nice scenes between them with the highlight being the one in "Manhattanhenge". But generally the sweet and flirtatious scenes of the previous seasons are gone, the lightness between the two is gone; I found this scene rather sad when Stella was about to pat Adam´s shoulder, but pulled back her hand in the very last second- this scene seems to be so symbolic for their relationship in this season: They do not dare to show openly their affection for each other anymore, because they´re scared to reveal too much so that others of the team might notice it. And that´s sad, that´s not what I want, but maybe that´s how TPTB had planned it for the two in this season. If this is the price we have to pay for Adella, then I don´t want it, but rather get back the funny and endearing Adam and Stella-scenes prior to Adella, though maybe this is impossible now since they have slept together and the innocence of these flirtatious scenes is gone and cannot be retrieved.
    So either if it was lack of courage of TPTB to fully develop a relationship between Adam and Stella, or if they always meant it to be the way it is now- I don´t like to be in limbo about what´s going on and what to expect. They should give us certainty as to whether there will be a "real" Adella or not. If not, then at least they should try to give us funny scenes again, maybe next season Stella and Adam have eventually overcome their fling and can act again naturally between each other.

8. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I agree they do have platonic chem. I was refering to romantic chem. I guess I should have made that clear. :thumbsup: I am still hoping for Adella though. :drool: It is so hard to keep up with what is going on with the stories this season though. :confused: There have been so many reruns, preemption's, and AJ has been absent so much it is hard to follow along. :p It has been six weeks or more since Danny lost his badge and still has not said anything. :wtf: That is just one example of how the timeline and storylines have been out of wack this year. :( But after three weeks they will be back in a few day's. :) Iam hoping that tptb are going to fix it. I wonder if they ever read comments on this board:lol:. I am just so thrilled that we get some AJ this week.

9. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Yeah, I am glad that AJ is back too. Especially as it's about St Patrick's. That's the irish in him, I suppose ;)

Oh, looked at clips on youtube and found some nice Adella-moments. It reminded me of the good old times, and I think it's such a shame that we haven't seen any similar scenes in season 6 so far.

Like this

And I really liked this one. Mainly how Adam touched Stella, and Stella's face in the end which was completely hilarious.

And just because I found this conversation sweet, as they had a nice chat and managed to have fun and laugh

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  10. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Thanks for the links, Vildis :). Yeah, the good old days......, I just wish they´d be like that again, those scenes were soooo sweet.

11. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Yeah, I noticed that while watching re-runs the other day. I had nothing else to do, and when I saw some great episodes with Adella-moments, it managed to cheer me up and make my day. Sadly, there are not many of these moments on youtube. So I have to watch the episodes (and usually the entire episodes, as it can take some time before these moments show up). Anyway, I really miss the good old Adella-moments. The ones who made me smile, laugh and even hope it would lead to something more. This season haven't been that good - yet.

12. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Maybe it´s really got to do with the fact that Adam is often absent this season or just having tiny scenes, so that when he´s in an episode there´s no time and space for Adella-moments. He´s been off in the one or other episode in every season since he´s joined the show, but it seems to be more extreme in this season.

13. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I agree. It seems that A.J. is around a whole lot less this season then in the past. :scream: This week he only had a few lines and that was it. :scream: I do hope we get to see some of those great Adella moments again. ;)

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, obviously he will be in the next episode, too, but rather I want him to be in the all important episode after that one :D. But since there will be another re-run, we´ll have to wait still sooo long for 6.18 :(.

15. pippie

pippie Civilian

I think AJ's been working a lot on Ghostfacers, and that's kept him busy and apart from CSI: NY, just a distractive side project. Also he was in Vancouver last week (was it only last week?) to cheer on Team Canada, while CSI: NY was still filming back in LA... (I'm not a stalker, I swear! Just a fan, just a fan! Promise! >.<)

Also that being said... I love all the moments that have been shown on screen for Adella, its so nice... despite Stella deciding against doing anything with him again. I hope something happens, because it seems Adam gets a love interest at the beginning of the series and then it kinda fazes out in the same beginning episode.

Sorry, I had to randomly jump in!