Danny/Lindsay#24: Because 10 percent is all you need

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brinchen, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Man, I haven't posted in here in ages. :lol: Bad me. But a lot of nice things happened for us. I'm happy they're showing Danny and Lindsay as a real couple now. They don't overdo it; the little kisses here and there are short moments but they show a lot and that's nice. Also like I said before, I like how they now actually talk about conflicts and that Danny goes to Lindsay when something is up.

2. laurmarie

laurmarie Hit and Run

LOVE LOVE LOVE Danny and Lindsay :)

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yay, another fellow DL shipper. :D Welcome to the thread, laurmarie!!! Just a quick note: we have to post at least 3 lines of on topic discussion in the shipper central threads. :)

So, did you see all the episodes already? Which are your favourite DL moments and which seasons do you like best? I still try to narrow my list down to one favourite season. :lol: But it's so difficult. Currently we're getting season 5 over here (in Germany) and on Monday Greater Good aired here for the first time. It's filled with so many wonderful DL moments, isn't it? I found it interesting to watch how they handled this situation, especially after all the problems from season 4. They grew up a lot.

4. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I have seen all episodes so far. My favourite DL moment, is when Danny went to the trial when Lindsay was a witness. Lindsay did really appreciated it, and I think Danny found out how much Lindsay meant to him when he did travel all the way just to be with her there.

I also liked them in Snow Day, when Lindsay were supposed to work that morning. But Danny decided to not wake her up, as he replaced her instead. That message he left at home for Lindsay was very sweet. ;)

In general, I think season 3 was a very good D/L-season, season 5 too in another way. As they had to grow up and take another step in their relationship(because of Lindsay's pregnancy).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Aww, season 3! I joined the show when the end of season 3 was airing in the USA. I was really excited about those episodes. The episode where he went to see Lindsay in Montana (Sleight Out Of Hand) was simply awesome for the ship. Danny didn't sleep, he imagined Lindsay walking through the lab...how cute is that? And then when he listens to his instinct, it takes him right to her. Like you said, I think this was the moment when he realised how much she really means to him, and she realised that as well. It was a wonderful gesture of him. But also The Lying Game was lovely, where she gave him this cute card and where he watched her at the lab and she watched him from the taxi later. I love how they showed us their connection growing throughout the season and especially in those moments.

Like you said, season 3 was a very good season for DL, so was season 5. To me it seems like they matured a lot in season 5 which then led to their behaviour in season 6. I guess they must have learnt how to talk somewhere along the line, because Danny didn't pull back from Lindsay in early season 6. I was hesitant, but after all he let her in.

Snow Day...I was so new back then and I think I almost fainted when I watched a few certain scenes for the first time. :lol:

6. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Hahaha, to be honest Snow Day made exactly the same to me. But it is impossible to NOT be affected in any way when you watch Snow Day and Danny and Lindsay together. Do you even remember the end? Where Lindsay goes to Danny and seems to be shocked/surprised when she sees him, as she would have been the one there instead of him. Even if she looks relieved that Danny is fine (even if he is hurt). Snow Day was great in many ways.

Do you even remember when Lindsay was on her way home, talking to Danny on the phone, telling him how hard it is to love him? When Danny replied that he wants her to come to his place and show him how difficult it is? I don't remember the episode right now, but I think it was in season 3. I found that really sweet, as they talked about their feelings in a way they never had done before.

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I have to say the fact they had sex in that episode and woke up on a pool table (while the bedroom was what...a few feet away? :lol: ) made me really happy. ;) It's a cool episode, not only a shipper episode but also in general. It had some brilliant moments, a lot of action and all characters got to shine. Yeah, I remember that scene. I think it's very in character for her to feel guilty. Danny didn't do it because she asked him to trade shifts with her, he did it on his own, but anyway she felt guilty. But I guess even if he had known, Danny would have done it for Lindsay.

Walking episode guide (aka me) remembers this episode: Personal Foul from seaosn 4. It was three episodes after Danny cheated on Lindsay and I was happy to see them talking finally. I agree with you, they never really talked about their feelings before and it was the first time they told each other what they think. That she misses him and loves him and that he misses her so much he can't even tell. It was a very honest conversation and I think it was good for them. Now I wish we had seen how they talked things out in early season 5 after finding out about the baby, because to me it's clear they had a long talk after The Box.

8. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Oh hello there 'Walking episode guide'. I will remember it untill next time, when i may forget the episodes. I often remember the scenes, but not always the episodes where the scenes come from.

I also wish that we could have seen more honest conversations in season 5. I mean, Lindsay decided to avoid talking to Danny when she found out that she was pregnant. She was afraid of telling him. And they never really talked about how they felt and how it would affect their relationship. Danny wanted to marry her, but she refused. She only said it was because she didn't want to feel forced to marry him. She wanted them to care about the baby first, and not focus on their own relationship.

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, I agree! My guess is that they got back together after Personal Foul but like Danny said, it wasn't the same anymore. She was still on distance to him and when she found out she was pregnant, she was scared, because she didn't expect anything from him, like Lindsay said in The Box. But one episode later, in The Triangle, they seemed to be a lot more relaxed around each other and it was clear that Danny would be part of the whole thing, so I guess they talked. What I like is that Lindsay told him to not rush things and focus on the baby first. He thought she said it because she was afraid he wanted to marry her only because of the baby. I love how he told Mac that this wasn't the reason in Green Piece. What I love about season 5 is that although many people think it was rushed, I don't think it was rushed at all. They got married really quickly indeed, but I think from The Box to Green Piece, there was a big change in their relationship. They seemed to get closer and closer during the episodes between those. Kinda reminds me of season 3. What I loved in season 3 btw is that Danny kept on going after Lindsay, even after she had backed off in Love Run Cold.

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I don't think they rushed either. I mean, Lindsay is strong and independent. She thought she would take care of the child alone, and was quote prepared too. Even if she was terrified and insecure. When she found out that Danny wanted to be a part of her and the baby's life, she didn't want to rush. She just wanted to focus on the child, and take it slow with Danny even if she was glad that he was there.

Sadly, we haven't got many D/L moments in Season 6. I can partly understand it, as Lindsay just work partime and take care of Lucy a lot. But I still miss these moments.

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, I think she reacted mature with the baby. I can understand she was nervous and insecure. I guess hers and Danny's relationship wasn't easy when she found out she was pregnant, so Lindsay didn't know what he would do if he found out and got prepared for this situation. I'm glad that Danny showed her he'll be there and do it together with her. And Lindsay must have believed him then, or she wouldn't have agreed to marry him the second time he asked her. His first proposal though... :lol: That was the example of randomness. Very romantic. :lol:

Aww, so do I. Although I think there were some really nice moments. In 601 I loved how much closeness they showed. Even if he lied at her again, he admitted it later and said why and I love how she reassured him that she believes in him. I think it was what he needed to hear. Plus I think we never got that many kisses before. :adore: I don't need big scenes. But those little looks and a quick kiss here and there are nice because they come across really natural to me.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

With the re-runs and the Winter Olympics going on, I've watched a few CSI/NY, and these two, Danny and Lindsay are so nuts about each other. Their so different, but the love shines through. So cute and so supportive of one another, him in a wheelchair, and her so positive. The rain/unbrella comment, and the end the last scene when he was watching the rain come down, so poignant:p perfect twosome:thumbsup:

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Hey! :D Nice to see you in this thread! Yeah, I agree, they are different yet they have a lot in common. It's a cool mix. I love how they ad some kind of a connection since the beginning and how all the teasing and bantering turned into romance then. I wish we had seen more of Danny handling sitting in the wheelchair, in my eyes the storyline got a bit too short. But what we got to see in the premiere of season 6 was awesome, especially when you compare this to their behaviour in earlier seasons. I love how Lindsay was so positive and didn't stop letting Danny know that. I think the little speech was what he needed; just a reminder that she believed in him, even if she had to do it for the both of them.

14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I think Danny and Lindsay is a very realistic couple. I mean, they are different kind of persons but still get along well. I even recall when Danny made Lindsay eat some kind of weird food/insects. I think it was in the end of 'Dancing with the fishes'. Danny got impressed and decided to eat some too. And they have their up and downs, have problems just all other couples. Yet they manage to handle it well, talk about it and grow as humans and a couple. The same thing happened when Danny was in that wheelchair. Some people would find it hard to be postive when their wife/husband/someone else who is very loved sits in a wheelchair and has small chances of ever becoming fine and able to walk again. But not Lindsay. She refused to let it affect her in a negative way. She was positive all the way and wanted to make sure that Danny was positive too and never would give up. To always look on the bright side and fight for the things that means something.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

If Adam ever wanted to find out more about mind readers, he has to talk to you. :lol: Seriously, I agree with you! The scene with the bugs was awesome, and that he bet she wouldn't do it was even funnier. I think that they really are a real couple. It's not all roses and sunshine, they had really serious problems in their relationship already. But look, they're still together and now they're even married! They pulled through and see what Danny did when he lost his badge and all? He called her immediately instead of keeping it to himself. To me this shows how close they are now. They trust in each other. And to me this is what makes their relationship work so well.