CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

The funny thing is, I think the competition angle could’ve worked between a new female character (hell, Haylen) and Adam if it had been more balanced, instead of so one-sided.

Rather than always showing Adam coming up short to Haylen, they could’ve shown Adam one-upping Haylen a few times too, or shown that Haylen was at least as insecure around Adam (and the others) as he was around her. Not only would that have laid the groundwork for a truce/friendship a lot faster, imo, it also would’ve been a lot more fun to watch. I did like Haylen’s ego, but the way the show kept validating it was more annoying (ie, pulling her own salary out of nowhere despite a budget crisis, Mac being impressed enough to hire her, etc.). It would’ve worked better if that ego was mixed in with some actual quirkiness. Or if it was there to hide either some sort of insecurity, or that dark secret of hers.

2. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

You are correct. When Haylen was brought in she was supposed to be a regular on the show. The spoilers said she would be a new tech that had a dark secret:devil: The problem was the way the writers introduced her was so bad, that the fan's turned on here right away. :scream: If you go back and read the older post from her first apperance on both these and the cbs boards, you'll see she was doomed from day one:( I too was one of the one's that hated her. :eek: You are also correct when you said that they introduced Angel and Adam to us slowly and gave us time to get to know them and like them.:adore::adore: If they bring in anymore new people ( Mac's new love interest) I can only hope they have learned their lesson, And will go forth ,and sin no more.:lol: That said I do feel bad for the actress that played her. She won a role on one of the most popular show's on t.v. but, due to bad writing she was let go.:(

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^Yeah, I have nothing against the actress, but I wasn't feeling the character. I hope she finds good roles elsewhere. :)

Also - DANGIT! ~Sarah~ mentioned having the episode pushed to the middle of the night to accommodate a basketball game, and I thought I was safe since the personalized TV Guide listings for me were normal at the time. I should have looked up who was playing. I would have known that a Duke/UNC game would preempt NY here. I just saw a mention of the game, and I went back to re-check TV Guide - now it's on there. *grumble grumble* Oh well, c'est la vie.

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

as for haylen, the big problem for me was that they never gave her a chance. no one can judge a character in two eps, especially when that character's only in the eps for mere minutes. the way i see it there was something of a kneejerk reaction by viewers to them bringing in a new female so soon after killing angell, and then the writers/producers had a kneejerk reaction to that - if they'd let her character develop a bit (and, probably, brought her in with less fanfare, a bit like adam and angell grew quite gradually) maybe people would've ended up liking her, instead they decided on the hasty exit thing which i think was a mistake. you know, it's possible to listen to what viewers are saying *too* much.

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I agree, that and the fact they said Angel was "let go" because of budget cuts and then in comes Haylen:confused: But as a side note I happened to like watching Haylen and Adam together!:thumbsup: I think there was missed opportunity here.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

While there were some fans who wouldn't have liked Haylen no matter what because of killing off Angell, I think there were a fair number of fans who gave Haylen a chance and just didn't like what they saw. IMO she was a complete Mary Sue and I did not like that TPTB felt they had to belittle Adam to try and make her look good. I didn't find anything endearing about her at all. And yes, even though she was only in a couple of episodes I felt there was enough time to judge her as a character. They just went way too overboard on the "Haylen is the most awesomest person ever" schtick. They should have toned her down instead of making everything she does amazing and awesome and made her get along with Adam and maybe I would've liked her.

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

8. Faylinn

Just saw this on TV Guide's website - so Lindsay seems to be there this week, for those who were wondering.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I guess a "thumbs down" for you then huh!:lol: Agreed they came on way to strong with her character, but I still think Adam could have gotton things under control if he didn't act so paranoid but that was the plan dont you think? I did not like Kendall with Adam I thought she was a bit "snobbish" towards him and she acted like he was beneath her. Adam can just be fun on his own to watch, but I think they should have toned her down just a bit. I wanted to give her a chance and if they would have written Adam with more back bone it could have been fun!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  10. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

If Mac and Lindsay share the same passion for speed car WHY THE HELL Mac race with Stella:alienblush::alienblush::alienblush: THIS is ridiculous :eek::eek: or maybe always make shine the leader actors:confused::confused:

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Why is Lindsay's love of cars and racing some obvious sign she's from MONTANA?! :wtf: :rolleyes: I'd actually like to see that Lindsay has some type of unexpected love for something without them having to tie it to her being from MONTANA and beating us over the head in an unorganic way that she's from MONTANA!!!

ETA: And I agree. If Lindsay and Mac have that in common it should be her at the track and not Stella. Unless there's some tie in to Stella being about the same height and weight as Danica and they need her to prove or disprove something about the case. Then it'll make sense for it to be Stella. Otherwise it should be Lindsay.

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, Lindsay's love for racing and cars is awesome! I also don't know why that's typical for Montana (anyone having an idea?) but I can't wait to see that! :lol: Also I'm very happy that this means she'll be in the episode!

13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I'm agree, it's very ridiculous. This will be advantage the character's Lindsay!

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Like "buzzing sheep?"!!!!:lol:

15. Faylinn

Here's a video from ET Online - I haven't watched it yet, but I thought I'd share it first. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.