Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. riddick

riddick Rookie

Stupid gal I am, I thought Wendy was having fun of him!
    Let me quote my favorite FBI agent ever: "Not even I would be so far fetched" :vulcan:

If he was interested in vampirism I'd suppose he might be into deeper and more mature matters than Twilight. With his cultural level and his dark imagination he would know better than that.
    I read somewhere he's supposed to collect demons, and that's something I can take.
    He's surely into sci-fi and paranormal, pretty open minded, an X-Files fan maybe...But Twilight? It made him look pathetic, a middle age man who desperately tries staying younger, and he doesn't deserve being depicted that way.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Needless to say I completely agree. And where are writers taking the character? I admit I am not 17 and I did watch the first "Twilligh" movie. It was an nice sweet teen - love movie and that is ok. But the storyline was not surprising. The vampirepart as such was downplayed and the actors appeal to a completely different target group then Hogdes. So what on earth would make him go to chatroom or messageboards? I am indeed puzzled by writers choice on this one. IF Hogdes went to a messageboard for X -flies, that would be a completely different story and as you say - more true to the characters nature. I would even find it natural if the character went to a chatroom for the new Star Trek film. But "Twillight"? Does anyone in real life know a man at that age that would do that ? IMO Not even Hugh Hefner would do that and he needs to stay young for obvious reasons.

So why did the writers go to "Twillight"? And what does that say about the character as for future storylines?

And even if Wendy had been to Hogdes place to find this news about him. IMO that would probably be the end of that date and who would blame her.

For the sake of argument. Let us say he is looking for tips on love or "Twillight" is his fantasy about how love should be. Then he could go to chatrooms to get help to win over Wendy. But as you say - would the more obvious romance couple for Hogdes not be Scully and Mulder? And they didn´t do it until ....... IMO the odd Mulder approach and Scully´s mistrust of the X -files is more along the lines of this storyline then "Twillight" so would it not be more Hogdes to seek help from a storylike which resembles his own world?

Even if Hogdes doesn´t belive in sxx before marriage then what was the whole point of "Space Odd - fantasies" where work was the problem and not sex? Well I guees Hogdes is an virgin and will not have sxx with Wendy before they are married. BUT PARDON ME ----THAT IS SUCH ......and wrong for the character (he is not five or Mr. Bean and she is not holding out for that.). And she will surely leave him, who could blame her.

Riddick you live in predominant catholic country and even there people have sxx before marriage. As I recall Hogdes has at no point express any religious conection or belief so ....I guess he is getting botox and buff - up and re - apear as Robert Pattison( irony)

I will stop my rant but stay utterly confused.

3. riddick

riddick Rookie

The fateful seventh year! I'm not sure I can resist that long, let alone Hodges not to mention Wendy lol
    Mulder and Scully almost got to hate each other during 5th and 6th season, the UST was unbearable -and Mulder run the risk of getting in bed with a filthy drag queen but that's another story...In seventh season they were relaxed and playful, who knows why...

Anyway, I'd get crazy at LabRat ep homaging X Files, with Hodges/Mulder/The believer, Wendy/Scully/The Scientist and the rest of labrats playing the Lone Gunmen.
    Forget about it, I'm raving lol

Ahem....Cough cough...not so predominant nowadays...not in the actual habits of people...The Church wishes to , but reality is pretty different for most Italians. Thank God.
    BTW I wonder if mamma Hodges is a very religious person..Not necessarily Catholic...

Anyway, Hodges still virgin is one of my worste nightmares for this couple, but I'm quite sure he knows something more than bees and flowers...Their flirting and bantering have always been pretty sexually charged and he's never showed signs of being embarassed...."Do you have the right equipment", the whole tampons thing, the sofa talking scene that was deleted, the talk around the car in All In, the "She's fast but she's torough" comment...Last but not least, Space Oddity, of course, from beginning to the end...C'mon, Wendy has always got pissed at his obsession with her breasts and what is the first thing she does when they met at the Con? She focuses his attention on her cleavage!

Definitely their relationship is not of the platonic kind...That's also why that remark about a teen movie was out of place: Hodges can be childish sometimes but he's an adult nontheless.
    Just as was superflous, in a different way, Hodges' comment about his mother's French manicure in "Death and Maiden"...It was gratuitous, we have heard enough about his mum, beyond a certain line it is not that funny anymore...

He has limited screentime, I don't want this time be wasted on involuting the character. No way.

4. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

It would be cool to actually see his mum. I just want to see woman with whom Hodges lived for 40 years.

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well IMHO it is as if they are regressing the character to an old formula.
    "geeky 40 year old virgin living with his mum or a serious mother tie. "( is he a serial killer?)

I thought we got past that and was moving on to other pastures. Is the show really in the need of comic relief that they need to formula - types?

6. riddick

riddick Rookie

Well, it surely fits 90% of the BAU profiles, Doctor Reid would agree with that LOL

Anyway, it seems quite clear some of us didn't fully enjoy their last scene together, but it is worth observing that once again they weren't alone....After Space Oddity, in 6 out 8 scenes they had together somebody else is there...Just a chance?

People outthere around the Net who say H/W storyline is history well, either they hate Hodges or want Wendy end up with CSI cuties or simply they have watched less tv than I have -which is not bad at all, mind....
    Something is probably cooking for them, I just hope TPTB don't mess everything up....

Not a good sign...We're bored, who we can having fun of? Hodges. Seasons ago the guy used to react with as much snarkiness and sharpness as he was able of, and that was great, now he's just....The target. Automatically. Gratuitously. It reminds me of teen age schooltimes and that's not a sign of cleverness from TPTB.

Greg is definitely the one who makes me mad...I stood up for him when he struggled to make CSI...Now he looks like the nerdy kid who desperately tries to show he belongs to the bunch of the school's most popular...Tipically, that's realised by looking down on a fellow nerd just to show you're nothing like him/her. Pretty sad for people under 21, let alone for a grown up guy.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I've been trying to make sense of H/W's last scene together and read all comments made here, but I am still not sure what to think. You all have made some really interesting points, and points that I have never thought of, but perhaps we're doing a little to much over analyzing of the situation...and maybe not enough.

I read an interview a few years back with Wally, and he mentioned the fact that because his character is so unorthodox, whenever the writers or tptb wanna toss something crazy into the mix, they've given it to Hodges. So some of the weird things Hodges has said and/or done over the years, isn't a complete surprise to me.

And though I agree that the Twilight reference was a little odd for him, even degrading to a point, and in poor taste by Wendy in mentioning it in front of Nick, I don't think we should worry to much about it. I don't think she was trying to make herself look good in Nick's eyes. And Hodges' lack of reaction or response to the passing comment, doesn't necessarily peg him as a target. Sure he's been the butt of a few comments and jokes (one actually by Archie in the same episode earlier on), but a person with his unique demeanor, how could he not. I work with a bunch of guys and they are forever razzing each other and saying things to get the others going, whether there is truth behind it or not.

I take Hodges as a bit of a movie buff anyway. That on top of his love of classic television. He's made several passing references to movies over the past couple of seasons, stating he was a huge James Bond fan, to admitting he cried watching Brokeback Mountain, to Catherine. "It takes a big man to admit to that! And I am that man!" So even though Twilight is an odd choice and he certainly doesn't fit the targeted audience of that particular movie, a movie buff is a movie buff. My cousin is a movie buff and she watches all genres, all different age group type movies. It don't matter. (But I still think there was a little play on twisted words on Wendy's part)

Reading the postings and trying to figure out how I personally feel about this latest development the past few days, has made me think about things on a little more of a deeper level. (Looking at this situation from all possible angles) Perhaps his willingness NOT to bite at Wendy's comment could be viewed as a positive sign. Tolerance and the ability to actually bite his tongue. Whether we like it or not, the character is developing and maturing. If this had been a couple seasons ago, he would probably have been all over her with harsh, unforgiving words...or could have taken a more childish approach.

Plus I think he is still trying to look good in the eyes of Wendy...cause we all know how easily and quickly he can put his foot in his mouth, or just plain out say the wrong thing to her..or something more hurtful and unforgivable. If that means biting his tongue, then so be it.

Serial killer? Even Wally has stated that Hodges is just weird enough to be dangerous if he wasn't working for the law enforcement. LOL! But as for the "geeky 40 year old virgin living with his mum or a serious mother tie. "( is he a serial killer?) ...personally, I doubt it. Sure, he's obviously a momma's boy, but remember, he was also transferred from LA to Las Vegas. He has a whole other life not known to anyone. Years away from his mother, and we don't know why he was even living with his mother in LV. up until season 8, when he apparently finally made the move into his own place. Perhaps it was out of convenience at the time. Move home until you get back on your feet and settled, ending up prolonging the process.

Anyway, I have no idea if any of this rambling even makes sense seeing it's now like...the 6th time I made the attempts at writing this. :lol: These are just some random thoughts I thought I'd toss out there...to consider.

On a lighter note, from what I am seeing at this moment....it looks like episode 10x18 will be the labrats episode for the season. 'Field Mice'. I haven't really seen a synopsis of the episode yet, so I have no idea what the storyline of this episode will be. But to be safe....if this is indeed the episode Wally and Liz wrote, anything new found on the episode from this point on should be put in spoiler tags....just in case.

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Sorry - guys - the serial killer thing was just me being frustrated with writers. ;). and stereotypical writting. I should have put a smiley. :)

I read an interview a few years back with Wally, and he mentioned the fact that because his character is so unorthodox, whenever the writers or tptb wanna toss something crazy into the mix, they've given it to Hodges. So some of the weird things Hodges has said and/or done over the years, isn't a complete surprise to me.

Now see - unorthodox I could deal with. That would indeed be the Hogdes we know and love. But " Twillight" :shifty:? You might be right that overanalizing things is the privilege of the posters. But I think my "sadness";) comes from the fact that Kristine(reviewer) in news forum is not normally a shipper as such but more of a "normal" fan. And she percived the banter as stated in the review. So if Wendy did in the situation make Hogdes the butt of the joke. And as Riddick say then our Hogdes should have responed in his sarpe and witty way. No matter how he feels about Wendy. Granted this is not the first time Wendy gets the "upper" hand in theese situations, but after his declaration of love in "Space Odd" she should have reacted differently.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

As time passes without any news. Let´s debate this:

How much and what would you like to know about the characters and IF they get in a relationship. How much would we like to know? In another tread someone reads the producers blogs? Where could one go and do that?

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hello forumfriends

I hope you are doing fine and will be back soon:thumbsup:.

Did anyone of you try to put H/W on the Eonline shiplist? Not that they would win but at least we would do some PR for this couple. I didn´t even know that there was such a list until it was time to vote.

PS does anyone "follow" producers blog on the net?

11. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

How to do it with Eonline shiplist?:confused:
    And where is producers blog is?

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I honestly don't know if there is any out there or not. Myself, I never thought about checking. The only person, though, that comes to mind is Dustin Lee Abraham....I think that is his name and he's on twitter.

As for this Eonline shiplist? I won't know how to add to it other then logging in as a a member of the site. Plus I don't know How this supposed Wendy and Hodges relationship would fair..lol! We love it and support it, but just how many out there truly support it? PR? I suppose that would be a good thing :).

Apart from the few I heard that really love the pair, most of what I've read were comments like "Yeah, they are cute together!" or "I suppose it could work!"

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

14. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

Hello. I'm not in here much, but I thought I'd mention that I just friended LV on Facebook. She and WL just finished shooting the episode they wrote together. I asked her about it a few days ago. I'll try to find out details if she'll give me any. She said that they had a great time.

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi and thanks

Great news and I do hope you get some more info. I think we hunger in here.:)