CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Kinda ambivalently meh at this point on Grounds. (Just don't make me watch it again and stir something up... I like it being pleasantly out of sight out of mind). It ranks among my least favoured eps, but believe me, it's not at all lacking for company down among the lower echelons :p.

(I think I'd actually be equally or even more interested in opinions on what episodes people have loved most over the past five and a half seasons, what they thought worked well, story-wise and character-wise, what they think exemplifies the best of the NY branch of the franchise. What would be pointed at, for example, to writers and producers to say, see dat, dat was good, please to have mo'. It would take me some serious mulling and who knows how much time just to be able to come up with (or whittle down to), say a top half a dozen over the span of the series to answer my own proposal though :lol:).

I don't care who writes what, so long as we get a bit of a revival this season; some good, solid, interesting episodes. (Seems to be a common theme for me for NY over the past few seasons). I'm looking forward to Sanguine not so much because Carmine wrote it, though kudos for the undertaking, but because it'll be the weekly shot to be surprised by a good story with characters I like. Well. Good beyond a certain personal oversaturation with the whole of Vampiredom.

The stuttered airing of eps has made it difficult to feel a flow thru the season, so for me, each one feels rather stand alone, and I've been waiting for one to finally stand out. If it proves to be Carmine's, more power to him, and the show.

...seems that will be the case, the latter half of Feb is apparently devoid of NY. Buggers. :p

Does it feel to anyone else that the show seems to be making a more concerted effort to link episodes into a larger chronology, what with a nod to Remembrance Day, Sheldon attending people in the park in what I'd guess was autumn, the usual xmas stuff, a football ep during the playoffs, yada, and now a few episodes with snow in Criminal Justice and Sanguine, and possibly an upcoming St. Patrick's day reference (can't recall relevant spoilers, I'll take yer word for it). Mebbe they've always done this and I'm just noticing it more this season. Mebbe the Remembrance Day reference seemed a tad outside the usual nods. Apparently time does exist in NY's universe. ...It just seems a little plastic between larger cultural sign posts :p.

...Wot??? Wot's dis? A request for scoopage *not* relating to DL? How ever did that make it thru?? My word, how curious :lol: Tidbits must be slow these days. That, or perhaps nothin' is immediately forthcoming for DL. Mini w00t. (Retracted w00ts if they're saving "dlrama" for the finale though).

Both those tidbits sound very familiar, to the point I wonder when the Q&A actually occurred, or when the statement was made that they're referring to, but I'm glad to hear something's still on the books for both before the season's over.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

haha, nice idea, two birds, one stone :D

i'd be interested to see that too - we have a worst ep thread, maybe we should have a best ep one - after 5.5 seasons i think we'd be justified...

i totally agree - i've enjoyed a lot of the eps so far but i've felt that something was missing and i think maybe that flow is what it was, it's not easy to get invested in something over a slightly longer term when it's coming to you in dribs and drabs.

yeah i've definitely noticed that too - the only time i can think of that they did it before was when "boo" happened to be scheduled to air on halloween. but it definitely seems more obvious this season. so if they can get a wider chronology right, why do they have so much trouble with their internal timeline?!:lol:

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Speaking of the St Patrick's Day episode - from MegaBuzz:

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

CSI: NY - Episode 6.18 - Rest In Peace, Marina Garito -

5. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Sounds awesome!! :D:D:D:D

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

6.18 "Rest in Peace, Marina":

~ The victim is a girl named Marina, who has been calling Stella for several years hoping to find out more about her twin brother Jessie. Jessie disappeared when they were eight, and her stepfather told the police that he heard an ice cream truck and saw a grey van - Jessie's bike was on the porch, but he was gone. Their mother died a year later.

~ Stella is convinced that Marina didn't kill herself, despite how things appear.

~ Marina is shown in limbo, talking about her brother's disappearance. She stopped believing that Jessie was alive four years ago because it was easier than continuing to hope that he was alive somewhere.

~ When Stella accidentally comes across the killer at the scene, they get into a scuffle and Stella is nearly drowned in a pool. Aubrey Hunter (Mädchen Amick's character) helps her at the hospital - and tells Mac that Stella will be okay.

~ I see mention of Adam and Lindsay, but no mention of Sid (since those are the three revolving characters, of course). Just because I see/don't see them doesn't mean they will/won't appear, but I thought I'd mention it. :)

7. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

EXCITING! :D me likes! It sounds really awesome!

8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thankssssssssssssss Fay.

[​IMG]
    source: Twipic

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

hmm it'll be interesting to see how that bit plays out - if mac and stella are meant to be as so many think, it'll be interesting to see how getting mac's new romantic interest involved with both of them on a personal level (albeit a different kind of personal level, one would hope!:lol:) will go, especially as it will obviously be a situation where many smacked fans will expect would like/expect for mac to suddenly declare undying love for stella after seeing her injured or whatever - i'm looking forward to seeing how the smacked fans react!

10. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Thanks Faylinn and Perlnoir for the news and pics! :thumbsup:

Stella has a narrow escape from death(again... :rolleyes:) and Mac finds new love at the hospital? Sounds like the end of Smacked dream to me. But like *Lisasimpsom* said, I also want to see how that bit plays out. :)

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Regarding the promo for next week: They need to stop with the hot women on this show. Throw in a drug addict or something. Season one they had a dead DJ, they had a drug drug addict (where a rat ate the bullet)... they was just more variety. Now it's all Lingerie Football League & Women race car drivers.

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

13. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

How can it be the end of smacked, when there has never been a smacked?:confused: Mac and stella have never dated, never acted like thay wanted to date. If they wanted to date I think they would have done it in the eight years that Mac has been single:confused: Both have dated and been involved in other ship's and yet neither one became so jealous that they professed the love or desire for each other.:p Stella will be happy for Mac and like his new women just like she did with Payton.

14. wildcat

wildcat Witness

A couple of weeks ago they tried to convince us that both Mac and Stella for over 15 years had this couple of very close friends we never had a single mention about. :rolleyes: Now we are supposed to believe that there was a victim's sister who called Stella for several years, and she never once mentioned it. :wtf: Yeah, right.... :rolleyes: Was this "calling through the years" really necessary? Why won't just the sister still looking for her brother be enough? :scream:

Gyyyy....:guffaw: Sounds just like the scene I conjured for the season finale with some variations. :lol::lol:
    Well, obviously, having Mac's "love interest" for just 2 episodes - it's too early to get rid of her (of course, from the point of view of TPTB,;) - for us, Smakies, it's more than enough :devil:). So, this possibility for Mac-Stella relationship development will obviously be wasted. :( No expectations there. :rolleyes:
    Am I interested to see how it will play out? Not at all. :p You can make characters play "love interest", you can make them hop into bed, marry, whatever, but you can not make them intentionally show on screen that something special that we call "chemistry" - it's either there or not. And - surprise, surprise, -when it's there like with Stella and Mac, it looks so true and real that it still will beat forced "love" any day. :):p

How the Smacked fans are going to react? Of course, I can say only for myself. ;) But I already have a reaction - any episode with the new "love interest" is getting an F and bad publicity.

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

*facepalm* I ship Smacked, but I swear I will start throwing things if there's the slightest hint of the corny, fanfiction-y "noooooooooooooooo! Don't die, I wuvs you!!1!oneoneone" scene. I agree with you, I'm curious about Mac's new girl, but I'd rather Sheldon got one of his own *pets Sheldon* Actually, can I volunteer? I know he's quite a workaholic, but still... *daydreams*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.