Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

Dude I meant his watch, not his arm. :lol: I never heard of someone losing an arm in a poker game but putting your watch up for collateral is a common ocurrance.

2. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. I thought you meant his arm somehow, even if I have no idea why.

3. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

It's okay, it made me laugh just to imagine someone betting their arm in a poker game. :lol:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ash is gonna be back? Hmm... somehow I am not sure that's a good thing (unless he's a ghost or its a flashback ep or something like that). In the beginning I kind of got the feeling that Ash wasn't exactly on the right side. But then it looked like he was when he "died". Now I'm back to not being sure again. :lol:

5. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

GregNickRyanFan:

Yes, Ash is coming back. It has already been confirmed by the actor himself, and they will start filming the episode next month. According to Chad, he has no idea what Kripke and the rest have planned. It means anything could happen. I actually think it could be a good think. Even if I hope it will be like the old good times. Like when Sam had his precognitive dreams. I mean, Ash helped Sam once when he had a dream like that. So it wouldn't be weird if Ash showed up in a precognitive dream. Right? It would be alright with a flashback too. As long as Ash won't be alive. It would just be strange.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I think I've got it. I wonder if the way Ash returns is in a dream of Dean's sort of like Jess in Sam's dream, but it was really Lucifer. Only Ash will be Michael in Dean's dream trying to convince him to say yes. What do you think? Possibility?

Speaking of that, in the current Lucifer vessel (can't remember his name) I wondered at first if Lucifer came in the form of the vessel's late wife, but then the guy asked "who are you?" when he first saw her, so I'm guessing it wasn't his wife. So whose form was she supposed to be? :lol:

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'm not sure I remember the episode where Ash died? I remember that it happened but I can't remember the episode? :lol: Is it the episode where he's on the phone and this guy walks by that looks surprisingly similar to Heath Ledger's character in Brokeback Mountain walks by him?

Link > http://twitter.com/ChadLindberg/status/6715513822

*Ash as God?* :guffaw: hope not but brought a smile to my face thinking about that :shifty:

Q: Supernatural! So happy it's going into syndication.
    K: Happy zombies! Sam and Dean find a town where everyone's loved ones come back to life as zombies but they're nice, friendly, non-brain-eating zombies...oh, and one of them is Bobby's dead wife.

Even though Sam is supposed to be on the wagon with his powers, we will see him use them again before the end of Supernatural season five. (Dean's not gonna be happy about that!) In other Supernatural news, we'll be meeting another horseman of the apocalypse (Famine, this time, rather than War), and the Prophet Chuck will definitely be back, although probably not in the company of his Supernatural-fangirl girlfriend.

The CW's Supernatural has invited Cupid to come visit the Winchester brothers for Valentine's Day. The show is currently casting the little winged cherub for a February episode titled, (what else?) "My Bloody Valentine." :rolleyes: (Guess that's better than "Valentine's Day Massacre")

The mythical character is described as being "doughy, out of shape and naked" and greets everyone with enormous bear hugs. Well, how are Sam and Dean going to react to receiving hugs from a big naked fat man? And what brave actor's going to actually respond to that call? I'm thinking Eric Stonestreet would be perfect if he weren't already tied up on Modern Family. Nathan Lane would also fit the bill. Who else do you picture in the role? And if Cupid's coming to the show, how do you hope he'll influence Sam and Dean's love lives?

P.S. The episode will also feature one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, a withered and nasty old character named Famine. Sounds like he could use a big Cupid hug!

(why am I thinking Danny Devito :lol:)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  8. GregNickRyanFan

John please! He just has to be back for this one! I wonder what he'd think of Castiel. Hehe. Mary and Jess would also be nice, but especially John.

My Bloody Valentine! Hahaha! As for Cupid, how about Belushi? Hehe. I could see him giving people bear hugs. LOL! Maybe they could get the guy from Chuck & Larry (the one that was on that sitcom... and keep his British accent- I think cupid with a British accent would be cute) or the guy from King Of Queens. :lol: Or maybe it's the guy from King of Queens who is really British. Can't remember. Either way, cupid with a British accent would be just adorable. :lol:

As for how cupid will influence the brothers' love lives... I just hope Dean's doesn't include either of the girls I didn't like him with. :lol: Maybe we'll get to see Lisa and Ben again. Seriously I think that is the only woman I can see Dean with unless they make Tess the Reaper a human. :lol:

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Well I should be sleeping :lol: but I'm getting a kick out of this :lol:

The season 5 episode of Supernatural, "Changing Channels," features Sam and Dean stuck inside parodies of various TV shows and genres. So we put together our own list of 15 other popular shows, past and present, we'd like to see Supernatural take on.

The Amazing Race
    Sam and Dean already live a version of this show, traveling all the time, getting into fights and working through various obstacles. And with their resourcefulness, there's no doubt they'd win the million dollars. :lol:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    She may the Slayer, but even Buffy could use a little help sometimes. The Winchesters would work well with the Scooby Gang, if only because it would give Dean a chance to lust after Buffy. :guffaw:

Cheers
    Dean always finds a bar in whatever city they go to, so just once we'd like to see him walk into a place where everybody knows his name. :wtf:

Dancing with the Stars
    Sam and Dean are two tall guys who could probably dance fairly well, but I'd give the edge to Sam, only because he's already had some practice in "Red Sky at Morning." :guffaw:

Family Guy
    This one is a bit surreal, but Bones already had Stewie Griffin, so why not some weird alternate universe where Castiel has to do battle with the Giant Chicken in an all-or-nothing fight to the finish. :lol:

The Girls Next Door
    Surround Dean with a bunch of bunnies at the Playboy Mansion and you have an amazing reality series, although it will probably become X-rated very quickly. :lol:

Glee
    At the end of "Yellow Fever," Dean proved his musical chops with a memorable version of "Eye of the Tiger," so why not let him sit in with the kids from Glee for a song or two. Just think about it: Supernatural: The Musical. :lol:

Mad Men
    Mostly inspired by the fact that Sam and Dean look good in suits, why not have Zachariah zap them back to the 1960s for some three-martini lunches, non-stop smoking and tons of debauchery.

Pimp My Ride :lol:
    The Impala is getting old and since the end of the world is coming, it may not have much juice left. Dean needs to get his ride pimped out to make it even more bad-ass.

Reaper
    Imagine a world with two Devils! It would be quite cool to see Ray Wise from Reaper interacting with Mark Pellegrino.

Rock of Love
    Dean essentially considers himself a rock star, so why not go with it as 25 women vie to win his heart on a reality dating show. But given the fervor around him, you might need to expand the starting pool to 25,000.

Sex and the City
    This one is kind of weird, but just once, it might be kind of hilarious to see Sam, Dean, Bobby and Cas sitting around a table drinking Cosmos and talking about shoes and their love lives. Or maybe it's just us. :lol:

True Blood
    Vampires are everywhere on TV, and the Winchesters could help take them down by using a little Dead Man's Blood on Bill and letting Sam's demon powers crush Eric. *sigh vampires*

The Vampire Diaries
    Speaking of vampire shows, it would only make sense for these two CW shows to do a special crossover event so the Winchesters could go up against the Salvatore brothers. Warning: the sight of Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder all on screen together might cause your eyes to burn out, so do not stare directly into this blazing foursome of hotness. *heck at least the freaking vamipres don't sparkle*

The X-Files
    Dean has already referred to himself as Mulder (making Sam Scully), so why not role with it and do a full-on X-Files alien episode?

----

Also in polls fans have voiced their opinions on who should play God:

Yes, it would be an M. Night level of douchiness to cast the show's creator as God, but in a weird way, it would still be kind of awesome. Eric Kripke
    "God should possess Dean's body, it seems appropriate to me." Dean Winchester
    Sam has had enough evil inside him to last a lifetime, so why not let God inhabit his body for a while. Sam Winchester
    Everyone loves Uncle Bobby, and what better way to give him an even bigger role than having God use his body as a meat suit. Then we could see God call the brothers "idjits" while cooking up some grub. Bobby
    It's a little like Contact, but having God take the form of Sam and Dean's dead father would be very emotional and powerful. John
    If God is a woman, there's only one form God should take to get Dean to listen, and that's of his mother. Mary
    If Sam's dead girlfriend came back as God, that would be very weird. :wtf: Jess
    No one could put Dean in his place like Missouri back in season 1's "Home," giving him orders and ruling his world. It's easy to see her as God. :guffaw:! Missouri
    There is apparently a small contingent eager to have dead season 2 character Ash back. :shifty: So God's all business in the front and party in the back? :guffaw: Ash
    "I would like the role of GOD to take the face of some one we know, from the show. It could be that GOD took the form of Papa Winchester or Andy. I think that would be a really cool way for the writers to cast the role." Andy :D I loved him.
    Cas already has a pretty big workload, but as Dean's guide in the angel world, this would allow God to take the form of someone Dean already trusts a little. Castiel
    Cas is already important enough, so why not bring back this formerly fallen angel as the new physical form of God. *gag*
    While some fans had fun playing the role of casting director, others don't want an actual physical representation of God on Supernatural at all. They mostly take a literal view of Kripke's statements about God being a character this season not necessarily saying that God will appear in a physical human form. No One
    This is kind of silly, but imagine if the car was possessed by God, and it used the radio to talk, a bit like KITT from Knight Rider. The term Godpala has a nice ring to it. :lol: Godpala...
    Morgan Freeman
    Christopher Walken
    John Malkovich
    Edward James Olmos ?
    Sam Elliot
    Gabriel Byrne ?
    Ray Liotta :shifty: really?
    Peter Stormare ?
    John Glover
    Anthony Stewart Head ?
    Bruce Campbell (is that the guy from Evil Dead?)
    Angus Young :guffaw:!
    Viggo Mortensen ...
    Lee Pace ?
    Michael Fassbender
    Jason Behr
    Jason Dohring (haven't seen this guy since Veronica Mars)
    Allan Hyde
    Sarah Michelle Gellar :lol:
    Jessica Alba :lol:
    Ellen Muth ?
    Minka Kelly ?
    Thandie Newton ?
    Saoirse Ronan ?
    Gina Torres ?
    Tilda Swinton ?

:shifty: Don't you think that's quite the list? :rolleyes...

10. GregNickRyanFan

That would be made of win, except for Dean lusting after Buffy. I got a little sick of everyone on that show lusting after Buffy to be quite honest. :lol:

:lol:

Funny! I thought they should have done a cartoon sketch.

A musical would be cool, but not with Glee, just a regular musical. Oh and they totally should have done a Star Trek sketch! Dean and Sam in those uniforms. :drool: And Cas too... he could be the Spock/Data like character... or maybe the McCoy. :lol:

Hmm... maybe. :lol:

No... just... no! I love my Cas just the way he is, thank you very much. :lol:

LMAO! Godpala. :guffaw:

Maybe:

Morgan Freeman
    Christopher Walken
    John Glover
    Viggo Mortensen ...

NO!!!!

Who?

Either of these two would be awesome! I love them both. Not sure if Bruce would have the time though seeing as to how he's now on Burn Notice. :) I like the idea of Anthony Stewart Head too though. God with an English accent. Cool!

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

That's where I knew him from, I knew I had seen him on something but couldn't quite place it :lol: as long as they do not make God a redneck with a mullet I wouldn't mind any of these as God. Remember how they had the rumor going around after season 4 was around that they were going to get Wentworth Miller to play as Lucifer :rolleyes: if that was the case then I would have been staring blankly into his eyes the majority of the time :lol:

I can throw some names out there ... let's see God should be played by Michael Rosenbaum :eek: I may be the only one who thinks that would be awesome :lol: yet it would be kind of odd to watch considering he's Jewish. I actually had a dream where James Marsters was God and was having a talk with Cas, I love James Marsters ... :lol:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  12. GregNickRyanFan

James Marsters would be awesome too! :D

Scott Bakula or Dean Stockwell would also be cool. Or Richard Dean Anderson!!!

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

A lot of forums that I've been going to people have thrown the idea of Henry Winkler (think that's his name) :wtf: I mean I know the fans have a right to throw suggestions out there, but seriously? The freaking Fonz as God ... I can't start to take that serious, now that would be Jumping the Shark.

14. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Ooooooh Richard Dean Anderson as God, I could get behind that! *gasp* And Anthony Stewart Head, YES!

Can't endorse Bruce Campbell as God, though. Sorry! I love the guy to death but I've seen too much of him in Burn Notice and Evil Dead to accept him as God. Then again I don't know why I'm cool with Anderson, considering I've mostly seen him as Jack O'Neill in Stargate (decidedly unGodly but still super awesome), but not with Campbell... *shrugs*

Uuuuuuuugh, this hiatus is killing meeeeeeeeeee!!!

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I choose to call it Hellatus :lol:

I think when they make the decison of who plays God, whoever they choose needs to be a really really really good actor and the ones I would like to see probably are way out of their budget:
    Chris Cooper
    Gary Oldman
    Clint Eastwood "Go ahead Lucifer, make my day"
    Michael Caine

Again they probably couldn't afford them ;)