Ryan/Jon #25 - Wolfe's Den

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by GregNickRyanFan, Oct 6, 2009.

?

Which thread title do you like the best?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. TNT Togo

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Wolfe's Den

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Wolfe's Gang

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Fellowship of the Fishy

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix7

Phoenix7 Victim

Ok, new here, but not new to CSI Miami. I've been lurking, and I must say these pictures certainly have been making my days!! Nothing like the cuteness of Togo to brighten up anyone's final's week :D Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is Togo under my tree O:]

2. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I think that's everybody's wish dear! LOL.

We're always glad to have another Jon/Ryan fan join us. WELCOME!!

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Welcome Phoenix7! That would be a good gift from Santa.
    I'll have to check out the rest of that web series at the weekend. I enjoyed the first couple of parts of it.

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Thanks for the info luf100; that was a pretty funny scene:)

I saw those. Not good:(:(

I saw parts of it; it is pretty good and shows a little of Jon's humor.

Welcome Phoenix7!! Jon under my tree *sigh* An image that will get me through the day:devil:

5. lal

lal Pathologist

Love that scene it cracks me up everytime i see it :)

Welcome Phoenix 7 , i would love to see Jon togo under my tree :)

6. Whit

Whit Prime Suspect

Welcome!!!! :thumbsup:

7. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I don't think this interview with Jon from Sept 09 has been posted before. It is very insightful into his personality and seems relevant for the current situation. I have been lurking on this site for a couple of years and have finally joined.

http://www.socialworkout.com/2009/09/24/jon-togo-csi-miami-la-gyms-boxing-and-body-dysmorphia

I used to do Pilates for exercise when I first moved to L.A. I was really good at it. It was all the Beverly Hills housewives and me. The place was called “Pilates Plus.” This French guy ran it, and he used to grab all the cougars' asses who were in the class while they were working out. It was a great workout, but I couldn’t take all the yentas. It was fifteen Joan Riverses and me.
    I haven’t been to the gym in a long time. I box now. The regular gyms in L.A. are horrible. Literally, Fabio works out at my old gym. Once I saw Vin Diesel working out with a giant wooden staff. It's so douchey, it's unbelievable. It’s irritating and horrible. Once I was in a spin class and the teacher was like, "This is why you don’t work as actors! You don’t push yourself!”
    I like the idea of going someplace where what you do for a living doesn’t matter. When you go to a boxing gym, you’re treated the same same no matter who you are. There’s no posturing in boxing. You can put on any front you want, but, once you get in the ring, you have to back it up. Everyone is really friendly, but they beat the shit out of each other. I get my ass whipped all the time. Some of the guys I train with fight for a living, and they have nothing to prove. There’s something very America about it. It’s like jazz. It’s a throwback sport. It’s the hardest workout there is. Because you’re working out and trying to not to get punched in the face at the same time. It would be like if you were holding a position in yoga trying to breathe and relax, and at the same time the yoga teacher was kicking you in the face. But boxing doesn’t hurt. It’s not a painful experience. You wear so much padding. You learn how to do it. I got the shanan punim. I got the money maker. I can’t get hit in the face. All the actors wear headgear because they don’t want to get punched in the face.
    If I can’t work out I get really depressive. I'm obsessive compulsive about it. I do it five days a week. When I first moved to New York, I was really broke, and I would eat pizza. I smoked a lot, and I was bartending 'til four in the morning waiting tables and drinking every single night for a year straight. In those days we would go to a bar every night for a year. It was horrible. I was young enough that I could do it. Now, if I do it for one night, I feel like shit. I used to smoke for ten years and I don’t smoke anymore. I quit when I came to L.A. I don’t do drugs anymore. I work out a lot more. The irony is that I have a discipline now to work out a lot more, but not the physical ability. When I was 19, I didn’t have the will or desire to work out.
    I didn’t hit puberty until freshman year in college. I got a lot taller. Then I worked as a waiter in Chelsea, and I got body dysmorphia because they started making fun of me. All the Chelsea boys thought I was puny. So I started lifting weights. One of the queens was The Hulk for Halloween. A lot of those guys take steroids because they’re HIV positive.
    I think health is feeling good. I think there’s a lot of people that look great, but don’t feel good. When you pursue physical health, your mental health falls in line with that.
    I have a hard time making food for myself because I work ten months out of the year, and they feed me all day. I don’t know how to feed myself when I’m not at work. We have really good food at work. I just had tuna steak with rice and broccoli. I had some hard boiled eggs with hot sauce for breakfast.
    I think right now is the healthiest time in my life.. There’s no creative or cultural stimulus in L.A. so all you do is work out. I spent my whole day off walking the dog or going to the gym.

8. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Welcome Phoenix7 and Theresa :)

That is quite a strange interview. He doesn't really seem very happy where he is in his life right now.
    In my former job as a psychologist, I worked with people with various eating and body dysmorphic disorders. Despite a lot of work, sometimes these things still lurk in one's mind.

9. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Welcome indeed Phoenix7 and Theresa. Thank you for the new goodies.
    I have to agree with Sanity Claus, Jon doesn't seem like where he is right now...I wonder if he is having a hard time figuring out what he wants in life? He sort of fell into being an actor and while having a job on a really popular tv series is nice he knows he wants more, but doesn't know what.
    I will also say that just reading that interview does give you a huge peak into how he thinks which is interesting to me, but it is also interesting how he feels there is nothing else going for him besides work and working out.
    The whole cooking thing though is very very true, when you have people cooking for you all the time and its good, you don't need to know how to cook or cook for yourself. It's also kind of a lazy excuse, but I get it.

I would also like to comment that I too would love a Jon Togo under my tree this year. oh wouldn't that be nice. He's a good guy who just is a little lost.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Interesting interview Theresa,thanks for posting it. Jon doesn't seem totally satisfied with how things are going for him or he wants something different.Something has changed for him.He seems to be going through a really rough period now.Reading that interview really makes me hope all the more that he can get things worked out for himself.
    Welcome Phoenix 7 and Theresa.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  11. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

And yet the interview also shows his great sense of humor. The line about the cougar's was hilarious! I like that he is a very disciplined person and that exercise and health are important to him. I think maybe he doesn't like LA and all the hypocrisy that goes on there; but I think he really enjoys his job because he seems to be having so much fun in the TV interviews.

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Welcome Theresa!! Thank you for posting the interview!

I got the impression although he seems to like being an actor, he might be looking for more out of life. Maybe he is frustrated about how his career is going (could he be as frustrated as the rest of us about the lack of character development for Ryan?!). It has been mentioned that Justin Long and Sam Rockwell are his friends. Maybe he wants to be in more movies (not just TV) From other interviews though he seems to like the people he works with and they like him as well. He sounds a little cynical though. He seems to enjoy the boxing (he sounds so enthusiatic about it) and working out in general, and his health is important to him and he wishes he started sooner. It also sounds as if he is not crazy about LA either. I hope he figures out what he wants, because despite his current troubles, he strikes me (at least from interviews, since I don't know him personally) as a nice easy going guy.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  13. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

He's very funny in person as well. He has a lot of old world jewish charm-- ie using lots of yiddish words to describe things.

Great observation Teresa, from someone who grew up in a smaller town on the east coast (Togo) and then moving into a large city like NYC, I for one would have a huge problem adjusting to LA. (I grew up in a town that is similar in size and then moved to Chicago, have been out to both coasts for extended times, and they are truly different beasts). Even after 60 months or around 6 years I am sure he is still having issues adjusting. LA is a very closed off place to live, everyone runs in their own little circles, live in gated communities, and a majority of people are very very fake.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That's very true about his sense of humor,which is great and I love that about him.
    I also relocated a few years ago and it is difficult because everything,and it seems everyone was so different than what I was accustomed to.

15. Phoenix7

Phoenix7 Victim

Thanks for the warm welcome guys ^_^

I agree, moving from a small town to a large city is tough. I've always been a small town girl, and just visiting NYC is a little overwhelming, even the small city my college is in is a little big for me. Maybe this is his (pre) midlife crisis? I dunno, even if he *gasp* leaves CSI Miami, I'd rather he be happy as a person than save the character (who I do love a little too much for a fictional guy).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.