Mac #7--Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Yes! Definitely like that Lisa! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I started to wonder one thing when I read this interview. Here's the part of it:

So I just thought that what episode shooting that injury might have had happen to Gary??? :alienblush: I know this is a tricky guestion, but I thougt to ask your opinon. ;) I really felt sorry for him, I mean three/four weeks...:(

I've hurted my ackle several times when I used to play floorball and in the end I had to end playing actively cause the foot didn't never recover back way it was before...:( So I know what he means by saying that's wise pay attention so that won't hurt again.

2. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Sam,

I have no idea which episode it could be, as I haven't seen season 1 in ages. But as you (and the others) have started to mention season 1 lately, I think I have to rewatch it. As I have really no idea what you are talking about when you talk about the cafe scenes and so on.

I really have bad memory, eh?

3. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

You people HAVE to torture me with those pics.Don't you?:devil::devil::drool:
    Man, that's too Mactastic picture:eek:

4. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Boy that's tough to try to remember a possible specific chase scene, but first one that comes to mind is Hush, that chase at the end through the shipping yard? I'll have to rewatch it closely, but if I remember correctly, it's one of the few chase-em-down scenes which don't follow a physically straight (or mostly straight line). While it's possible he injured himself simply running, I highly doubt, particularly given that Gary's in pretty good shape to begin with! :devil: Physiologically it would fit very well for it to happen while making a turn, especially a sharp one. You plant your foot and brace to push off in order to change direction, but the speed and angle don't match and your muscle hyper-extends as your body turns away from your leg. So that's my immediate guess, but now I've got another excuse to watch Mac in action!! :devil::evil::devil:

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Mac's dad was in the Army, in the 6th Armoured Division, I think. He helped liberate the Buchenwald concentration camp in 1945. I totally agree with you that he joined the Marines to 'be like his father' - that is, a military man. Could be he joined the Marines because he wanted to join the military, but be his own man, so he joined the Marines rather than following his dad into the Army. Or he joined the Marines because he was young, and the Marines are 'cool', and he really wanted to make his dad proud. Personally, if he wanted to honour his father and follow in his footsteps, I don't think it would matter what branch of the military he joined, it would just matter that he joined the military.

Jade, I really like your ideas about why Mac talks to his team the way he does, that makes a lot of sense. There's also the aspect that both the military and police/CSI careers center around ideas of service (Marines = serve country, NYPD = serve city) and protecting people, both of which are important to Mac.

Vildis, the ep where he talks about his father in the Army is 'Yahrzeit'. I watched that again yesterday, it is definitely one of my favourite ever Mac eps, we really get to see into who he is, how he thinks, what pushes his buttons. He was clearly deeply disturbed, shocked, upset when he learnt bits about what had been done to the Jews in the Holocaust, for example when he was watching Hannah's video, and his utter disgust for Elgers and later his disgust and fury Klaus Braun was very apparant. I also thought that it was so incredibly sweet and honorable and just so Mac that he bothered to personally return Esther's brooch to Hannah, he really went above and beyond the call of duty there. It was a lot like when he returned that murdered Marine's watch to his fiancee in Heroes in s2. Both examples show he has a very strong sense of honour and also both are examples of when he feels particularly connected to a case, and also that for him, in every case I think, he really cares about the victim's family/loved ones. He cares about the victims too, of course, but because of what happened to Claire, I think he can't help but feel most connected to their loved ones.
    I also love the range of emotions we see from him, especially the scenes with Braun (he was MegaPissy!Mac there) and at the end when he watches the video with the old Jewish man talking about his father, and the scene at the end with Hannah. We saw Mac's 'tough' side but also his emotional, vulnerable, human side. Which was entirely fitting, given the subject matter of the Holocaust.

Thanks to all posters of lovely Mac pics! *drools excessively*

6. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Alright, working another 12 hr shift tomorrow so more bolstering pics!! :hugegrin: (not that I NEED an excuse for pics.........:adore: ;)!)

[​IMG]
    Hands casually in pockets with sleeves rolled up...................! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This last one kills me every time!!!!! :drool::drool::drool:

7. Blue

Blue Police Officer

Hi everybody on a rainy and dark tuesday,

thought I break my work for a little while to enlighten our day with a little pic from our two sweeties:

[​IMG]

BTW dear Jade of course we need no excuse for posting pics from Mac but I am sure if we had to we would find a million reasons!!!:guffaw:
    You are right, your last pic is :drool::drool: this neck:devil::devil:........
    Guess it´s better to concentrate on work again...

BTW 996 posts - we need a new name!!!! Some ideas ????

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh bugger i thought of a really good one the other day, and i thought i must remember it for when this point arrived, and now i can't remember it!

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I cannot believe we are nearly at 1,000 posts again! Mac is very....inspiring it seems.:devil:

What a man indeed! I love how capable and in control he is in situations like that. That's definitely the Marine officer in him coming through in such moments. I can see why he would have all those medals from when he was a Marine.

Oh, lovely. He makes me squee too.

Hush and what You See are great eps, not just in terms of Mac but also as CSI eps, as you say, they have everything a good CSI ep needs.

Ugh, 12 hour shift, some nice pics of Mac are definitely needed!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that's lovely. Which episode is it from? Mac and Flack look sooooooooo hot! Mac in black is always a good thing!:drool:

New names....

Mac #8 : New York's Hottest CSI
    Mac #8 : What a Man!

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i can't remember what the name i thought of before was, it might even have been for the gary thread, i forget :(

mac #8: we are oatmeal people

sorry, that's kinda crap.

11. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hmm new thread names, let me see... :D

I remember last time that "Faster your seatbelt ladies!" I haven't forgot that somehow! :lol:

Okey here's something...;)
    Mac #8: The Big Apple's Boss-Man!

Mac #8: We need more ACTION!!!

Mac #8: Taylor girls attack on the locker room!

Mac #8: Hot man on the radar!

12. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Why don't you continue in the sixth thread before you start thread number 8?

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The sixth thread should be locked, I think, since we moved on to Mac Thread #7. Since this one is done, I'll go ahead and close it. Whoever wants to can feel free to start thread #8--you can leave the title blank if you want to discuss it in the first few posts, or start a poll to pick one of the options. After one has been picked, Elsie or I can edit it in. :)

CLOSED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.