CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i'd been thinking that too, we've seen him in a bar twice and not much else, apart from the odd sad puppy look (which is very nice but doesn't really say much). if they're going to have him right off the rails this week it will still, even though we know what's going on because we've read spoilers, seem a bit sudden. i think if i'd never seen it before i'd think he'd gone from a bit miserable to loopy overnight, which wouldn't work at all.

as for mac being too pushy in that scene, i dunno, i don't think it seems that way at all - he's usually very in control with the team, but he is ex military (and they obviously had to remind us of that by getting him to say "awol" instead of just something about not being around) and we've seen him get physical on suspects before. if you add the fact that he must be feeling something more deeply with regard flack because of similarities with what happened to claire, i don't think it'd take much for this particular situation to make him snap, even at flack.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yeah, and I kind of think Flack is someone he feels he could get physical with. I don't know if I could see him taking the same approach with Danny or even Hawkes, and certainly not the ladies of course. But Flack and Mac are kind of evenly matched in a way--I look at them more as equals in a way. And it looks like Flack might need a pretty serious wake up call.

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

And after Mac said to Stella "he will be alright he needs time" or something like that when she shared her concern with him, I guess he has realised he needs to "do" something to "wake him up"

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Let us say that the fact of not going any more to work, to be allowed go and neglect its work is a good reason for shaking him!
    Especially knowing that for Don the work is really important, thus if it neglects it, that it's because that does not go really any more!

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I like that tension between Mac and Flack. I think of all the people, Mac would be the one to wake him up so to speak.

Yea, Don and Danny are tight, or they were much closer before Danny got married. I think Danny would be too emotional around Don and wouldn't have the strength or the gumption if you will to physically shove at Don. Danny might be more emotional or even try to play more on Don's guilt.

Mac on the other hand, has been SUPER!Mac for a while now. I know a lot of people don't like it, including myself, but it makes sense for Mac to be the one to 'wake Don up' so to speak. Mac would be more aggressive and assertive which from what we know, Don needs.

But, that's me.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i agree, they are on a more even footing definitely. and i think flack does need them to stop walking on eggshells around his problems and start being more direct and mac seems like the best person to do it.

exactly - they've been skirting the issue for a while and that's obviously not helping!

i think this is it - not showing up for work in itself isn't really a reason but flack neglecting something that everyone knows is important to him probably is!

i don't mind supermac, but i agree that it makes sense for it to be him - partly because of the equality thing that top mentioned, but also because mac is the one that has (a) the professional clout, (b) the most empathy with the situation and (c) the aggression/assertion that although it rarely comes out physically, isn't out of character when it does.​

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

BTW Thank you for the promo:thumbsup: Forgot to mention that my last post. Has anyone heard word on episode ten yet? And does anyone know when the next schedule break will be?

8. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

^No clue but I am definitely looking forward to episode ten...or at least the title.;)

But just to throw a comment into the Cuckoo’s Nest discussion, I love the idea of Mac getting physical with Flack. I agree with a lot of you who said Flack needs a wake up call. I mean, I understand that in that situation you are going to be stressed out but I think that at this point, going the soft route isn’t going to work anymore. We’ve seen Mac ask Flack on more than one occasion if he’s okay and all he’d get was a ‘yeah, I’m fine.’

I think Flack is the kind of guy who won’t sit down and have a heart to heart just because you say so. He might need a physical wake up to get his head back in the game.

But besides the little scenes we’ve have of Flack at the bar, do we know anything else about his alcoholism. Or is it just going to come out then and there. And my other question, or I guess rather my hope is that after this episode, Flack isn’t just back to being fine. I think this storyline is too good to just drop after one heavy scene.

And I guess the other thing that confuses me is the whole time scale thing. I mean, at one point, didn’t Lindsay say Lucy was ten months old. If there were only a few weeks in between Greater Good and Pay Up, can we say it’s been almost nine months since Jess died? :confused:And if so, then this new Flack has been around a lot longer than I originally thought. So it’s like this entire time, no one has showed a greater amount sympathy than the little looks and ‘are you okay’s.

Ha, this whole TV time thing really throws me off. I just hope that Lucy isn’t starting kindergarten in the next episode.:lol:

9. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Hi Everybody good news today :):)

Nelly said on twitter " don't forget to watch next CSI NY" :):)Yeah I won't

BUT he also said FIRST OF FIVE this season :):):) I love his character:p

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm glad we're getting to see more of Terrence (continuity!), but seriously, what about other characters that are just left hanging in the famous Black Hole of Continuity? I would much rather see Flack interacting with his sister, or Danny with his brother, or even Mac with Reed. I was kind of disappointed that in the NY part of the crossover that Mac said he didn't have a kid. Doesn't he consider Reed one?

I just really want to see more of these characters. :rolleyes:

11. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

here's his tweet! @Nelly_Mo DONT 4GET 2 WATCH YA BOY ON CSI NY WEDS NOV 18TH!!MY FIRST OF 5 EPISODES THIS SEASON!!! RETWEET!!!

so stoked to see more of him! but i wonder what for. last season finale he officially cut his ties as flack's informant right? maybe he signed on again. :lol:

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

hehe, pot, meet kettle!

we really haven't seen much of it. in the first ep or two we kinda did, where he was flirting with all those women and slurring at the scene etc, but since then it's been a couple of blink-and-you'll-miss-it shots of him drinking beer and a couple of half-arsed pep talks, there's been nothing signifying a downward slide really, it's almost like they put the slide in epilogue and then occasionally reminded us it had happened by putting in little "oh look! flack + drink must = that story still going on" moments, but really not enough to be convincing, i don't think. especially not to casual viewers - if someone didn't see, say, epilogue but one or two since, all they'd think was that flack had been in a bar once or twice.

i also *really* hope they don't just drop it - much as i think mac is wonderful, he's not a cure for onset alcoholism! he can't wave his magic wand (!) and all flack's issues will disappear. if they rush it like they did with danny, it'd be real shame.

haha, i think that confuses *everyone*, including the writers:lol::lol:

13. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

Just read on another site that the name of episode 10 is now "Death House" and it airs December 2. I can't find the post now, but I think I read somewhere on this site that December 2 is the same date that Kim what's her name and the other stunt casting actors appear.

14. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Probably Not, since he met Reed when he was like 20 yrs. old, not ot say he doesnt care about Reed but I doubt when he talks/hangs out with Reed, he feel like he has to be a parental figure, He probably look at Reed as a friend and would want Reed to see him the same way.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I agree that Danny wouldn't be one to get physical with Flack. Their relationship hasn't really been set up that way at all--like you said, I can see Danny pleading with Flack to get it together, but given what we've seen on screen of their relationship, it really is mostly Flack taking care of Danny, and not the other way around.

And to be fair, Flack doesn't need to be taken care of in the same way Danny does. Danny seeks out reassurance and comfort, but that's not really what Flack wants. Flack's more of a loner--he needs to work through this on his own because that's what works for him. Mac getting in his face is more of a wake up call than a "here, let me hold you while you cry" thing. Mac's telling Flack to snap out of it in a really in-your-face kind of way.

Yeah, agreed.

Wow--interesting! I wonder if Nelly's getting some sort of arc. I really like him, so it will be nice to see him back.

Yeah, it must have been totally stunt cast then. It'll be kind of fun to see an episode totally spoiler free! Because, you know, I'm not so good at resisting reading them when they are available. :p :lol:​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.