Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

La LLrona,

I love you optomism. I learned on the spoiler thread that Emily is now working for ABC for Millionaire. That makes me worried. Doing a cable movie is one thing, but appearing on another network show? I'm almost afraid to admit that I see an end in sight for Calleigh Duquesne at MDPD Crime Lab. If that happens, I'm done with the show. First Eric and then possibly Calleigh. Not a show I care about anymore. David Caruso could 9please Gods, yes? leave and I'd strill faithfully watch. Adam is gone and if Emily follows then I am, too. Csim without them is too rediculous and stupid to watch. Caruso ruins everything he touches.

2. Speckles

Speckles Civilian

rhee52 - No, Thank you! I appreciate people watching it, more than I can say. So that you like it, really makes me happy!!

CSIMiamiLover88 - Oh! Well that makes me feel better, hehe. I was worried that I'd made it look like they'd lost something when really, it was a realization that they'd found something incredible.

AnnaDelko - Thank you!! I miss their older scenes too. They were so innocent and lovely. I just really miss the feel that the show used to have. I miss the original team. I don't really like now that they've got so many people. I liked it when it was just Horatio, Calleigh, Eric, Speed and Alexx. Then they got Ryan, Tripp and Natalia and that was okay, because I love all of them too, even though I'm still loyal to the originals but now that they've got Jesse and Walter too? No thank you. It's like they're trying to ween the older characters out. It's just a whole mosh-pit of characters now, that its hard to get any kind of insight into their personal lives and that's what people react to these days. Oh well, I just hope they've got good plans ahead and that all of these changes are going to amount to something.

Awww Tex,I didn't click on your spoiler tab, but I'm glad you agree with the optimism!! *hugs* We've got to stay positive!!!

3. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

So Adam was out of the credits and Eric was not mentioned in this episode. Was last week's really his last? If so, it was quite a letdown. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got to see some good hiphugger scenes at the end but still the rest of the team didn't get to say goodbye. When Alexx left, she had a proper send off. I was expecting the same for Adam

Oh I hope Emily isn't leaving, the show would not be the same without her. With Adam and Khandi gone, to have other cast members depart would just be horrible. At least with Adam and Khandi, neither characters were killed off. Adam can always return, and I hope when he does we see some awesome hiphugger scenes.

4. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

You're right... what a big let down:(
    I don't even know what to say about it cause I'm so pissed right now:mad:
    As much as I love Calleigh I'm not even gonna bother watching it. It's hard to be optimistic at times like this but I'm still really hoping for some good news soon.

At least Eric-Calleigh's love will live on in the fanfics & fanvids, so Kudos to those who continue to share their talents:thumbsup:

I miss everyone here!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  5. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

I was a bit annoyed that NO ONE mentioned about Eric leaving...i mean, if Eric only told Calleigh and H guessed, surely SOMEONE's gotta question his abscence!!
    and 8.05 was not Adam's last episode, cos from his twitter and the fact that he begins filming sometime in November means that he will appear again on Miami...just dont know when! and CBS is apparently keeping it a surprise for us. In my opinion, if they keep this surprise too secret, they are going to lose our interest...

I miss E/C moments already...

6. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I haven't seen episode six yet and to be honest I don't intend to. I read comments about it and I have to say it's not worth the loss of my time. And the fact that he's not in the credits anymore really made me angry:scream:.
    I admit that now I'm almost sure there won't be happy ending of the E/C story:(. Once again they are just shamelessly playing with us. I suppose we'll never find out what really happened with Eric and Calleigh's relationship. Maybe they'll mention something in one of the episodes in the future, but I'm not counting on too much in this matter. I guess even Eric's presence in 7 more episodes doesn't have to mean we'll see happy E/C couple. I just completly lost my faith in it. Though I'd love to see them getting married and having a baby I don't think it's going to happen in this stupid show. They definitely screwed us, loyal fans. So thank you cbs for discouraging me to continue watching Miami. I never thought it will happen, but now I'm not sure if I watch even the episodes with Eric in it. Unless I'll read your comments saying that it's wort it.:(

7. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Dunno who here recognizes/remembers me, but for those who do, I have been hanging around TalkCSI quite a bit, just...... not around this thread. Because it's too depressing.

Don't get the wrong idea, you folks aren't depressing, you're all still awesome as hell, but... from what I've been hearing, the Eric/Calleigh relationship has been handled so horribly this season that it would be too painful to watch. That's why I haven't been able to bring myself to sit through any of the episodes (besides the premiere). I have them all on my DVR, been recording and saving them each Monday, but it seems I just can't do it anymore, what with TPTB causing the whole thing to crash and burn in a very clumsy way.

I'll keep checking in, see if TPTB patch this up somehow (though I doubt it).

And now I trudge back into the Break Room where I've been spending all my TalkCSI time.

8. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

While I didn't find the newest episode completely boring, I did keenly miss Eric and did strongly object to the TWO NEW CAST MEMBERS already being in the opening credits while Adam hasn't been gone a week. Even when they added Togo after Cochrane left, they waited at least a week before they chose to add him to the opening credits. How cold and unfeeling. As if Cibrian and Miller can replace Adam Rodriguez. All I have to say, is that I'm watching week to week. If it looks boring and all Horatio centric, then I'm watching Food Network instead. If Emily goes, like I feel in my gut, then I'm finished because there's nothing left holding me to the show, which is sad because, right now it's an hour long escape from cancer for me. I guess I'll still have NCIS, which makes me laugh, and Criminal minds, CSI:NY and Vegas. Not the same. though. Miami was my first.

9. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

oh! you spoke my mind!!! when I saw Walter in the credit I was like...'great!! my dream of him being a temporary cast member just came crashing down on me....'

Same...if Emily leaves then its goodbye CSI Miami.

I am still watching every episode atm. But believe me, I am really not as excited as I was during season 7. All my friends have noticed the lack of enthusiasm. Only watching it cos CBS is keeping Eric's return quiet so I dont want to miss anything...even if its just one little comment from a team member about him.

I am still staying positive with E/C outcome tho! After all, this IS a fictional drama, its bound to have a happy ending!!.....right?! otherwise it will be like a fairlytale where the princess never married prince charming!?!?

10. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

LOL...Walter was in the credits?? Shows how much attention I paid...I only watched them long enough to see no Adam and go into a rage over it. That was a little hasty, and rather disrespectful to him, I thought, considering he still has 7 episodes left. Almost as if 7 years on the show means nothing. But what do I know, right?

I really wish they'd kept the scene where Jesse was supposed to ask Cal about Eric (I think that was supposed to be this episode - I could be mistaken), but then again, it doesn't really surprise me. How long did it take after Speed died before we ever heard his name again?

I still have hope, though. And I'm a fairly negative person, so that has to mean something, right? :lol: ;) I still say we've gotten a lot thus far that could be taken as foreshadowing, and seriously, the writers of this show love to throw that kind of stuff in there. I think Eric being so suddenly affected that he quit his job means something. I think the way he was holding that engagement ring means something, along with the way that he made sure it got to the person it was meant to go to. I still say "You know me too well" means that Cal knows better than to ever think he would walk away from her, from them.

Plus, I don't care how chaste that locker room kiss was. Eric knows Calleigh, and he wouldn't have kissed her if they weren't still something. Maybe her cheek, but not the lips.

Maybe I am grasping at straws here. But for the moment, I still have hope. Not ready to give up quite yet.

11. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Aw my couple.... and I know I havn't been in here much latly, sorry :)

Well... wait what is emily doing on Millionair? hosting or celeb guest contestent?

anyhoo, and BTW wway I still don't know how to put spoilers around anything, so I hope my thoughts arn't spoilers :)

if lets say emily does leave (i hope not) but if she does, what if the writiers wrote it so by the end of the season Eric and Calleigh are married and other stuff *wink wink* and then they run off into the sunset, Ryan's crying becouse the wedding was so nice, and H stands and watches them proudly :)

yeah that would be awesome!!!

ooh i'm at the top of the next page, sweet!!!

(oh and if anyone goes to Google, thats me infront of the google words ;)

ok well I'm done rambling, along with my Novel thingy for this month, I'm trying to write my CSIM musical, and a short fic, and some other stuff... oh yeah and my job...

ok peace out everybody :)

hey i'm at the top of the next page :)

oh and if anyone goes to the Google front page, thats me in fron of the google words ;)

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Because this was an Eric-less episode, I didn't closely watch it, and so I missed the opening credits. I too am very shocked they left Adam out of the opening credits. I mean, he hasn't quit the show yet... its not like when Khandi Alexander left... she left for good but agreed to come back and guest star a couple times... so yeah, she's out of the credits (although, I'm pretty darn sure she was in the credits through the rest of season 6, even though she wasn't in the last couple episodes). But Adam, he's still under contract! He still has 7 episodes left to film, so he SHOULD HAVE been in the credits. Period. To not have him there is a slap in his face.

I am a pessimistic person, I admit to that... but I too have hope for Eric & Calleigh and I did not see the end of 8.05 as their break up. Far from it. Like you said, Jessica... had they not been "you and me" at that time, he would not have kissed her on the lips. And that "Like I said, you know me too well" so meant that she was silly to even think he was leaving them. After pining for her for years and finally winning her heart, he's just gonna drop her like that? Not a chance. That little smile on his face after she asked about "you and me" so said "you silly woman, you know I love you".

When all is said and done, and Adam is no longer on the show (oh how I hope CBS comes to its senses), I believe Eric & Calleigh will still be together, and I think he'll show up now and then as a guest star (maybe when Eric & Calleigh get married and/or have a baby :))... probably during sweeps month.

13. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

It's awfully quiet in here!
    I just read the spoiler for Ep 8.12 and here are my thoughts about it.

The locker room scene with Calleigh and Jesse is really bothering me. Not good for the hiphuggers at all. Of all people why does it have to be Calleigh with him? Am I just overreacting?

I hope all will be well with our favorite couple. I still believe that we will get the ending that we want.:)

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I don't think its anything to worry about. I believe in my shipper heart that Eric & Calleigh are still very much in love and will end up together, because they just have to.

I know its quiet in here since we are missing our hiphugger moments, I know we have one to look forward to soon (I'm thinking mid December, but I could be wrong, so lets do our best to keep the faith alive)

I'm gonna say it yet again, the writers and the fans of the show have invested too much time into this storyline to make it go away.

Do I think that Calleigh is struggling with Eric not being in the lab, yes I do. Only because she didn't seem like herself in the last episode, not to say that I don't like a concerned Calleigh, I guess I felt something was off. Did it seem like forshadowing to me when the victims dad asked her if it was Ms. Duquesne (I of course shouted that it was Mrs. Delko, but I digress) yeah it seemed like it to me. The actors obviously want a happy ending for these two characters and I do truly believe they deserve it. I am hoping that we do see Calleigh have to struggle with a choice if she is given it. I know she loves her job, but does she love it enough to risk losing Eric.

Ok sorry about the ramblings of a crazy woman, but it just started flowing.

15. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Thanks texmex for the reassurance!
    All these negative stuff coming out just gets to me sometimes.:(

Calleigh's conversation with Penny re job and the last scene in the casting sides showing Calleigh deep in thought could be a foreshadowing of this.

You are right- they wouldn't be building up this storyline too much if it all ends up to nothing. They are just adding more spice to make the end much much sweeter. I should hang on to that thought!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.