Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. TheAngelDivine

TheAngelDivine Dead on Arrival

Thanks for the welcome Top, much love for our boys. :)

I think that sooner or later, Danny is going to realize Flack needs a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. Hoping that it is sooner rather than later. I can't seem to remember the last time we had a happy moment between our boys. Angst Danny/Flack makes for some really intense fic writing though....ah now my bunnies seem to be working. :D

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I got a fic posted tonight, but it's one you've already seen, Top. It's here if any of y'all want to read it.

I've got to work on the other stuff. I opened up the fics tonight and fiddled with them, but they aren't ready to be posted yet. Some of them couldn't be linked here anyway because of the PG-13 rules. :devil: I also worked on a fic I forgot about - it's a *cough* first time fic from back in the day, circa season one. Back when our boys played hoops on Saturday and Flack had sweet sideburns. :p It's much more...angry and feisty than I was aiming for - oh Danny, you're so difficult. I'm not sure yet whether that story will go with the others, though. I'll have to plot out which parts of the overall story I want to tell since it spans about 20 years.

Keep pestering me so I won't let the stories slip. ;) I've had these bits on my computer since August.

Yeah, they're both dealing with stuff that's sort of pulling them in separate directions and they aren't really reaching out to each other the way they should. With everything that has happened in the past few months - or the past few years, even - I think the boys are on shaky ground. They'll weather the storm, I have no doubt of that, but they're facing a lot of unique and difficult struggles individually, professionally, in their relationships with each other and everyone else...it's a very complicated situation.

It's strange - I'm not a fan of angst, but I really like getting the chance to wrap my brain around things and sort of work around it and come up with a more complete story for what little we get to see onscreen.

Well, I guess I don't mind angst so much if there's a happy ending. ;)

I really think the audience is due for some good stuff between these two. Unless I'm forgetting something, Flack was conspicuously absent during a lot of important stuff last season, and I miss their friendly banter, their unique interaction - and of course, Flack playing the White Knight to Danny's Damsel in Distress. :p The White Knight is a bit banged up this year, but maybe rescuing a pretty Damsel will help him remember to live and not drown in the past. *pets him*

3. TheAngelDivine

Oh so true Faylinn, I think we are all due for Flack rescuing our handsome Danny. Although, it may be reversed, Danny may be the one rescuing him. After all, sometimes the rolls need ot be reversed once in a while, to keep things fresh. :p I think that they will both be doing some rescuing with one central theme, Live every day and live it to the fullest. Their banter, as I have been watching past episodes the past two hours, is just awesome and would LOVE to see it here in the near future.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

More from me later (just doing a quick visit before dinner!), but I know nothing would snap Flack out of his funk like needing to rescue his Danny from danger. But I do agree that the roles could be reversed this time around, though I think if Danny was doing the rescuing, it would be more of an emotional rescue than a physical one. I could see Flack just going way, way too far... and Danny being the one to reach out to him, to appeal to him, and that would be what brings him back. That's how it should happen. That, or Flack does something reckless and Danny gets hurt or put in danger because of it... that would probably be enough to get Flack to snap out of his funk, or see that his downward spiral has to end. What do you guys think Flack would do if he was the one who put Danny in danger, or got him hurt??

More thoughts later! I'm so happy to see this thread hopping again! :D

5. TheAngelDivine

I think the reckless angle is exactly what will happen. We are seeing Don have the flashbacks, and maybe he will just up and out do something so crazy, it takes Danny to bring him to earth. Don at the moment is in such an emotional state, it will take one thing to trigger all those memories and he may just wind up doing a crazy thing. I want to see more this season of what could be from these two and would really like it if Danny did the rescuing. It would look, sound and feel awesome in my opinion.

6. Top41

It would be great to see Danny be the one to bring him back from the edge. I know that Danny's going through his own stuff right now, but I hope if Flack really goes into a downward spiral, Danny will reach out to him. Flack has gone to such lengths for Danny--it would be nice to see Danny turn around a repay the favor, even if it was just Danny reaching to Flack to try to get him to wake up and realize he needs help. That might not be enough--I still think Flack would definitely snap out of it if something bad happened to Danny while Danny was trying to help him. Flack's a hero type--he needs to realize he's needed, that he's got to get his shit together and save the day.

Awww, the hoops story sounds great! I totally think their first time was around season one. I love the intimate way Flack touched Danny on his lower back in "Blink." In BST, Flack is acting like he's totally smitten--like he's just discovered the best thing since food. Sex with Danny, perhaps? :devil: And then in "On the Job," Danny calls Flack to come meet him and reassure him, in the way you'd expect someone you're intimate with to do. Oh yes, I definitely think it started in season one. :D Can't wait to read this story!!

Agreed--it's a rough patch now, and they do seem to be pulling away from each other a bit. I have noticed that when Danny is with Lindsay, Flack doesn't hang around as much. :( Poor Flack--that's gotta be hard. Of course, Flack's still as in love as ever, which is why Danny going back to work is what brings him back. I can't get over how sweet that is. :adore:

At the end of the day, I think Flack does define himself by being a bit of a hero. Saving Danny is what he does. That night in the bar--that was really the first time he failed at it. He was there and Danny got hurt. Coming off the loss of Jess, that's got to be too much for a guy who prides himself on always being able to take care of and save Danny. I think Danny being in danger would go a long way towards snapping Flack out of his funk. If Danny needs saving, Flack will be there!

7. TheAngelDivine

Flack does need to realize that. He needs to realize that Danny is there for him, and from the looks of things by this epi, he needs a friend, a lover and someone he can rely on: Danny Messer. Flack's heart shut down, hoping that Danny is the one that can pick up the pieces and mend it. They need each other, and work just won't do anymore. Heading ot the park or maybe even meeting for lunch or coffee. ANYTHING to make sure our boys help each other heal from the wild ride they are already having.

8. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I'm hoping that now that Danny is the miracle walker he can now share some of his magic with Flack and give him some comfort.

9. Top41

How cute were the boys in tonight's episode??

I love the way Danny just plopped his little butt down on Flack's desk--you know Flack wouldn't put up with that from anyone else, but Danny... well, Danny can put that sweet ass wherever he likes. ;)

They were cute in interrogation too, but the moment that totally made me go AWWWWW was when Flack smiled at Danny through the glass as he arrested the guy. And Danny smiled back. :D Seriously, how beyond cute was that??? :adore: :adore: :adore:

I do wish Flack had said something about Danny walking, or that Danny had asked Flack how he was doing. But Flack seemed happier this week than we've seen him since the season began. Danny really just makes Flack happy. It's so sweet.

10. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I was happy to finally see some Danny/Flack interaction on the show. :)

11. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Tonights episode taught me that Don has incredible radar when it comes to spotting Danny, outside... across the street.... in another building, through the window! :lol: And I will definitely be nabbing a screencap of the way he lights up all over when he spots Messer! Don Flack, it's a good thing you're adorable because you're incredibly transparent! ^_^

12. Top41

Yes, please to screencaps!!! :D :D :D Flack's Danny-radar truly is impressive. The man is so whipped. It still makes me smile when I think about what brought Flack back to work: Danny. And the way he looked through a two-way mirror from the side where it looks like a mirror and smiled right at Danny. Oh yes, Flack knows where his baby is at all times.

And the way his face lights up around Danny.... :adore: :adore: :adore: Danny really is Flack's happy place. :adore:

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I smiled so wide during that scene. It's classic D/F - and I loved their conversation as well. But mostly I just love how the sight of Danny can make Flack's face light up like that. :adore:

Both guys had great individual scenes tonight, but I can't help it - their scene together edges in front of the others in sheer awesomeness simply because it was them and we don't get many scenes with them lately. ;)

14. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I come bearing caps, for a little play by play. ^_^

[​IMG]
    Casual Flack is casual.
    [​IMG]
    Super-Danny-Proximity-Detector kicks in.
    [​IMG]
    Target Acquired
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alert everyone.
    [​IMG]
    Establish contact.
    [​IMG]
    Establish visual contact.
    [​IMG]
    Initiate goofy smile.
    [​IMG]
    Of course Danny wants a closer look too.

15. Top41

That was, quite frankly, beyond adorable. His whole demeanor changed--he was kind of grossed out/unimpressed (despite, might I add, being surrounded by hot chicks in their underwear) and then he catches sight of Danny and boom--it's like he came to life! It was incredible and just so cute.

They're pure magic together. There's something really cute about the way they interact--it's obvious how much they care about each other, and how close they are. It was like they were catching up as well as working the case, and it was cute. It's hard to explain--it just seems like they like touching base throughout the day. There's something very intimate about it. I love how Danny was like, "You take care of yourself," and Flack was like, "Who, me?" and Danny replied, "Yeah." I think they're both kind of used to Flack being the one to worry about Danny, but it was cute how Danny showed a little concern in his own way. It was a cute sign off--almost like they didn't want to hang up. :adore:

ETA: I also love the way Flack's voice softens when he talks about or to Danny. There's something really tender in his voice when he tells Stella he's spotted someone they know. His whole manner changes--it's really just so sweet.

PICS!!! :D :D :D

The look on his face is all, "Oh, HI baby!!!!!" :D He's just so happy!!!

Seriously, look at him--the man is overjoyed just at the sight of his Danny. Look at that smile!!!

I admit, that made me think of Necrophilia Americana, when Flack waves to Danny outside the golf course. Man, the sight of Danny just makes Flack so happy!!

Danny is much more shy and subtle than Flack is, but he always relaxes visibly when Flack is around--he seems much looser and happier if that makes sense. Much more relaxed. He feels safe and happy with Flack.

Seriously, these two are beyond cute. :adore: :adore: :adore:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009