Worst Movies Ever

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 22, 2005.

1. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

What about The Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting, two of the greatest movies in my opinion... ever.

2. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

^^^^^ I agree both are fantastic movies. I find Robin Williams a bit hit and miss. He's a fantastic voice actor and some of his films are great, but then he seems to play the same character in a lot of his other films. What was the film where he was a kid who had some disorder that made him look old and he had a crush on his teacher (which if memory serves me correctly was Jennifer Lopez??) I remember it from when I was a kid but can't for the life of me remember the name. That was a good film too.

Now Steve Carell, there's a man that puts me off a film the minute I find out he's in it. Little Miss Sunshine is the only film i've liked him in. And tho it isn't a film, I can't bare him in the American version of the office, though that might be just because i'm such a huge fan of the original British version so I guess I won't hold that against him. Still, I find him off-putting.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Chazza, I think the movie is just called Jack. Though I'm not 100% positive.

As for The Office, I've never seen the Brit version, but the version with Steve Carrell to me just isn't funny at all.

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Steve Carrell puts me off as well. i realized watching the American Office last week that i only basically watch the show for Jim and Pam and the characters that are not Michael and Dwight. i can only take Steve Carrell in Anchorman he cracks me up in that movie so much but other than that i cannot take the man.

Deadite was it you who mentioned that Drag Me To Hell was terrible on the Last Film You Watched thread? i HATED Drag Me To Hell!!! i was so pissed off at it i wanted my money back so bad. my brother had to stop me from going up to the theater people to ask for my money! haha. the story was pretty good but besides that the whole movie just sucked.

5. GregNickRyanFan

Luckily I didn't waste 8 bucks at the theater. Rented it through the blockbuster mail in thing... well, took a mail in one back to the store and exchanged it for Drag me To Hell. The plot to me would have been better if the spirit/demon or whatever were after more than one person... but it was just after this one woman because of a curse someone put on her because she was just doing her job (regardless of the selfish reasons for the decisions she made)... that to me is just boring. I like horror movies where there really is no motive. Freddy Kreuger, Jason Voorhies, Michael Myers, etc. They just go after pretty much anyone and everyone. There's no rhyme or reason. That's the way horror movies should be. Having it to where they go after only one person for revenge or something is just lame to me.

Speaking of lame horror movies- I know What You Did Last Summer sucked! I liked the book (read it when I was a teen) and when I first heard they were shopping it around as a movie idea, it was supposed to originally be a revenge drama, not a slasher movie. But they just took a pretty decent book and screwed it up to make a lame movie. The soundtrack was the only good thing about that movie. :lol:

I rarely go see horror movies in the theater anymore. Not after wasting money on The Ring. God that movie was ultra-boring. :lol:

6. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Worst film that I recently saw was "District 9". Although I love sci fi movies this one was soooooooo boring it takes 40 + mins to see where the movie is going and after you see what the plot is it leaves you to be that was it??!?!?!? Well, I don't recomend it but, that's a personal point of view.

7. 915

915 CSI Level One

I got another bad one that I watched a few years ago. The Village okay I loved it and it would have been a great movie but the ending freaking ruined it sooo bad! It would have been so much better if the ending had been different, the mysterious feeling of the creatures was really good, but again with the ending I was so disappointed. Ending ruined an otherwise good movie, my best friend and me went to it on her birthday so luckily we didn't waste our money, but her mom did.

8. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

one movie that was bad that i saw but can't remember the name of it. it was that bad, but nicolas cage was in it and he played a emt on the third shift.

9. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I Love You, Man....

Awful Movie! Would have left but I was with a friend that I tought was enjoying the movie. Unfortunately she was thinking the same thing. That's an hour + of my life I will never get back.

10. 915

915 CSI Level One

My Best Friend's Girl The movie looked funny, but they put all the funny parts in the preview and well let's just say I almost feel asleep during it, but my bf was able to keep me awake barely though since he was about as bored with it as I was when we were watching. I'm probably posting to much on this thread, but I have seen a lot of horrible movies in my days. I go to movies with my bf too much. :)

11. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

He was in Good Will Hunting? I absolutely forgot about it. :( Good Will Hunting was ok but actually I wouldn't watch it a second time.

Havn't seen The Dead Poets Society. Hm also a friend told me that this is a good movie so I think I should bring myself to watch it if I get the chance. ;)

I think you mean Bringing Out the Dead. It's not one of his best movies. It's just to depressive imo. I'm always a bit on the fence about his movies. He has some good ones (like Leaving Las Vegas, 8MM) but he also has movies I don't like (e.g. Gone in Sixty Seconds, Lord of War).

12. smacked4ever

cath s. thank you i do believe you got the movie right. my boyfriend and i watched the first five minutes and then returned it back to the video store for us it was that bad. another bad movie was bounce. it was supposed to be funny but it was not all that great.

13. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

A movie I turned off right after ten minutes was The Matrix. Actually I like to watch Keanu Reeves' movies but this movie won't catch me. It was so boring. Maybe someone can explain me what makes The Matrix so fascinating?

14. smacked4ever

another franchise of movies that i am not really a big fan of are the new serries of the star wars (from the beginning)

15. GregNickRyanFan

I can't stand Phantom Menance, Clone Wars and whatever that other one was called. The only good thing was the scene in the one where Yoda was fighting someone. It was funny to see the little dude doing flips in the air and stuff when any other time he acts all feeble and frail. :lol: