Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

i would really hate it they started evolving a new ship on the show right now.

one interesting thing i have just realized about Ray is that he is a lot less ship-able than Grissom was. Riley was new too but some people already shipped her with Greg or Nick.

imo, Langston doesn't seem to be having that much chemistry with the female characters, like Grissom used to have. maybe it was WP's personality seeping through, that even though he played an antisocial geek he was a character that a lot of people shipped and still do with various female and even male characters. plus the writers gave him plenty of opportunities to interact on different levels with women over those 10 years.

to me, Ray lacks that magnetism about him. i don't particularly want to know what he thinks. he sometimes comes off as patronizing, without having a real right to be so. i am not very curious about his veteran father and his DNA profile. i would switch the channel if i saw Ray trying to pick up a woman. he is charismatic and has a strong personality but it's nearly not as fascinating as Grissom's, especially in the early seasons. i know it shouldn't matter, but his physique is not too appealing either (at least to me).

i think the writers gambled a bit with choosing Fishburne, and hoped his scripted personality would be enough to charm the audience. the fact that he basically cannot be shipped with any present character on a larger scale (meaning having hords of shipping fans, like in Nick's, Greg's, or Grissom's case) is a big minus especially for the female audience.

which is why he is already married. :p

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I don't see how things were centered around Catherine? All the things, minus the Keppler mention, all happened at the end of one episode and then carried over onto the next one. How is that centered around her? The season did not center on Catherine. As for Keppler, Nick worked more with him than anyone else, except for 'Redrum'.

Now I didn't say the season was centered around GSR, I said it was a GSR love fest.

Where did I hear about Nick? From George Eads. Maybe 'supportive' was the wrong word, but he wasn't going to like it in that it was wrong. He was going to say something in 'A la Cart' about it being wrong, it wasn't right, something like that, but they kept changing the line on him when they were shooting that scene and then just took it out all together.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't recall Nick himself saying that. Nigel said "I know how much you like redheads" because of the picture Nick's prom date (who was a redhead) sent him. Nigel just assumed that Nick liked redheads. Personally, I'd like to see Nick with a brunette or blonde.

Adzix, I agree with you completely about Ray. :)

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Your right I think that was it, I got that blurred, and whoever he likes I will like, if he chooses someone that's right for him, then go for it Nick & YIPEE:bolian:

5. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

I know what you're talking about now. But Nick wasn't supposed to be against Grissom and Sara; he said co-worker's dating never works. Something along those lines, but it had nothing to do with Griss or Sara.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, but the lines he was suppose to say in 'Al A Cart' were about Grissom and Sara and their relationship. It was in an interview, I need to find it. I think it was from the first issue of the CSI Magazine, but I to look to be sure. I'll post what he said when and if I find it.

7. Desertwind

OK, but isn't this backtracking?:confused: He's all for it now, and his welcome back to Sara said it all. Plus his mentor/idol was Grissom. He's pleased that their together, peoples views change don't they? that was then, and this is now. moving on. Lets hope they've got something for Nick in that dept. Bet Sara and Gil would be happy for him~

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  8. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

I have the first issue of the CSI Magazine and it doesn't say that.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Alright you :p, I did say 'I think'. :lol: I read it somewhere and when I find it, I'll post it.

And really, it wasn't in there? Dang, I could've sworn it was that interview. :shifty:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  10. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Ugh. I hate the idea of creating Mary Sues (or any new characters that are actually seen on the show) to provide romance. How many shows have actually made it work between a main character and a recurring character brought in entirely for the purpose of providing a romantic interest? There is no investment in April. We as fans have no reason to care about her.

Sizzling? If I wanted sizzling, explicit romance, I'd watch Gossip Girl or something similar. When I think 'sizzling romance', I think young, hip and hot. CSI has already chosen realism over sizzling, which I think is a good thing, as much as GSR irritates me on occasion.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

ITA. I mean I would have preferred Nick with Mandy (whose quirky) or even Wendy (unlikely since she's with Hodges) because they're both witty and very smart and most of all an integral part of the show. Those are my ships and I know others have theirs and that's fine, but these are my ships and I like them.

I think George was the one who said no to 'office romances' for his character in his quest to Gary Stu Nick-yeah I said that..I do find it irritating how George tends to want to make Nick this perfect character which he's not. He's holier than thou-and yes I love the character but that element really irritates me to hell.

I see no reason to introduce this "April" character and I don't see any sparks and the actress looks like she's 21 even though she's over 30. I'd say drop the storyline.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I don't mind Nick having a girlfriend, but not April. They do not mesh, no chemistry at all. Either recast the April role, or just have her there as a social worker they consult with from time to time, but not a character Nick becomes romantic with. It just doesn't work, sorry. I swear... did they even have this girl screentest with George? Cause if she's gonna be a love interest for his character, that's what they should have done. Otherwise they're just rolling the dice and hoping for lucky number seven. That's risky.

13. Desertwind

See once again a difference of opinions, my girlfriend thought they were "hott" and had an strong connection. I just saw two people who met, for the 1st time, nothing more for now, she's cute and did smile when he walked away, I'd smile too if he talked to me:p Just a smidgen of romance is fun, and keeps fans guessing, is she or is he the "one"? time will tell on this issue~

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Bolding mine! I'm going to have disagree with you. George doesn't want to make Nick perfect and Nick is far from perfect and doesn't have a holier than now attitude.

You're not going to be happy with anyone romantic interest for Nick unless it's Mandy. It's like that with anyone who ships.

However, I agree that the actress looks younger than 30s and there are no sparks.

I agree with GNRF, there was no chemistry there. Either you feel it right away or you don't. It's not something can come later on. I believe they were trying to form 'sexual tension' between the two and it wasn't there, not will it be. It's not the character, it's the actress. They should have done a screen test and I hope tptb read all of this so they either recast the character or find another character to use.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Honestly, I saw more chemistry in the brief less than 30 second scene Nick had with that nurse in "Lost Girls". The nurse that sedated that redheaded girl. :lol:

I actually ship Nick with Mandy somewhat, but I don't mind him having another girlfriend (as long as its no one in the main cast ie Cath/Wendy) as long as there is chemistry. To me it was just a painful scene to watch because the lack of chemistry just distracted from the whole scene.