Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

That is your opinion, but I disagree on the dislike part. I still dislike, and have never liked GSR, that they had to marry them off in the first place, really turned CSI into a nighttime soap opera.

2. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

I disagree about it being a primetime soap opera. GSR; out of all of the romances on all the CSI's combined, have had the least amount of interaction/romance. Danny/Lindsay have had full blown makeout sessions and have a kid now. In Miami it didn't take 8 years to get one simple goodbye kiss; infact Eric and Calleigh had a wedding type thing.

Grissom and Sara have had a private relationship that we've only seen snippits of. 2 kisses in 10 years isn't a lot. This is coming from a person who has watched daytime for many years.

People can dislike GSR, but saying an offscreen wedding is soapy is just a bit much. just my opinion anyway.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Excatly, I totally agree, they kept it private, and the moments with them amounted to like 15-20 seconds of screentime, that's it. The main thing is they were always discreet and only let the fans know what was happening, and, it's up to them that they wanted to be together, regardless of who didn't agree or disagree, who didn't like or who loved it~

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Alright I'll put it this way, I dislike any romance that takes away from the premise of the show. Even having them get married and them come back takes away from the crime aspect.

And I can call the romance soapy if I so wish that is my opinion, they didn't have to get married or come back. It's adding a dimension to the show that does not need to be there. CSI is a crime show not the romance hour.

5. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

Well I personally think this simple romance adds a little dimention to the show. It shows the audience that CSI's do have lives outside of solving cases. Them getting married...well as a GSR fan I'm happy they finally got hitched considering their 10 year build up. But to each his own.

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

The show implies that they have lives outside of the lab, there doesn't have to be actual scenes to get that point across. Romance and crime do not mix, look at how the team was ripped apart because two people couldn't follow the rule about interoffice mingling. And were still allowed to get away with it after the romance came to light, quite interesting how they could be "special" and not have to abide by the rules but everyone else in the office has to.

7. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

The team was not ripped apart because Sara and Grissom got together. They got together a year before we even found out about them. The team was still stronger than ever during season 6. During season 7 we started seeing little things between them. The first scene that was really personal was when Grissom said goodbye to Sara in the locker room. They didn't even touch, smile, or say anything; but it was personal enough to let us know they were still together. That was 7x11? Halfway through season 7. When Ecklie found out, they were no longer allowed on the same team.

But the team wasn't ripped apart. Sara left, and then Grissom did. If Grissom and Sara were the glue to the team then Greg, Nick, Cath and the Labrats need to re-look at things.

IMO the team split up after Warrick died.

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Let me rephrase, emotionally ripped apart from being lied to, especially by the supervisor whom they all trusted with their lives.

And the fraternization rule was in place from the beginning and both choose to ignore it.

9. Desertwind

The thing is on the fraternization, it is a moot point now, they were involved way back in San Francisco, when he was her teacher, then when Holly was killed, he called her down, and they went underground, with their relationship which I always admired:p and kept it a secret. Ecklie asking Grissom "Why didn't you tell me" Grissom "We didn't want you to know" obviously love conquers all, and if in real life say, a fake scenerio, "Hey Bob, I sure do like you, but hate you with Betty" Bob goes' OK, if you don't like it, I'll let her go" or he'd tell the friend to get lost. The bottom line is they were together and still are. NO mattter the circumstances, that brought them to this wonderful place they're in now~And BTW all the team has been supportive of them, they love them both~

[​IMG] San Francisco~

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  10. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

Grissom's love life is none of Catherine's, Nick's, Warrick's, Greg's or anyone else's business.

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Honestly it's hard to have an opinion around here when others aren't allowed to say things about something they don't like.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

There has never been any indication that they were involved in San Franscisco. He knew her there, but there was no relationship. The got involved somewhere during Season 6. Please, don't quote Grissom's response to Ecklie's questioning. As we all know that is a typical Grissom answer.

Yes, Grissom's love life isn't anyone's business, but when it's a supervisor having a relationship with a subordinate it is unethical and yes, in a way it did split the team, as Grissom worked nearly every case with Sara and only Sara. If they were having a relationship, Sara should have been the last one he worked with, because if a defense lawyer found out about their relationship, the whole case could be thrown out.

And for the whole team supporting them? It may have come out that way, but that is NOT how it originally was going to be. Nick for one, was not going to be supportive, but tptb didn't want anything negative said against their precious GSR. :rolleyes:

Season 7 was a GSR love fest and it was annoying and before you say, everytime the had Grissom and Sara together it was GSR (they don't have to mention the relationship for it to be GSR, as they worked nearly every case together). The other characters took a backseat to the storyline and even though both characters are gone (Sara will be again), we should not have to hear about it or deal with this season. Every episode Sara has been in, the marriage is mentioned. Ok, they mentioned the marriage in the season opener (I can understand that), but we do not need to hear about in every episode Sara is in.

GSR had its time in the sun and now it needs to end and let the other characters have the sun.

13. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

Sorry if I came across rude. I wasn't trying to make it sound like your opinion didn't matter. Whenever I get into couple debates I find myself sounding pretty harsh. I don't mean to sound that way. I apologize; your opinion is just as important as anyone elses. :)

14. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

Where did you hear that Nick wasn't going to be supportive?

I still don't agree that season 7 was all about GSR. It was GSR heavy, yes, but it was not centered around them. I remember it being centered around Cath. Cath's daughter getting kidnapped; Cath getting raped; Cath's father getting shot; Cath and Keppler were friends etc.

Two episodes we've heard about GSR's marriage.

15. Desertwind

So, if in this seaon their going to bring in a 'love interest' for Nick and Cath, who would you like to see Nick with? a blonde, redhead or brunette. I think he stated one time he likes 'redheads' so that'll be interesting. And for Cath somone with similiar interests. It will be sizzling to see a bit of romance mixed in with the gruesome crimes we all see, and lighten up the show~