Wallpaper Thread #10: Showcase, Links, & Requests

Axels, those are great, especially the first one.

Blackflag, I love yours, especially the ones with the cars/go-carts.

Mrs.DelkoWolfe, that Horatio one is awesome. Love the font.

Here are mine:

V2
V3
V4

this one has a matching icon in the Miami icon thread. :)

blackflag what technique did you use for the third wallpaper I love it!!:)

That gets a little difficult. It was made on a Windows '98 computer with some software I have no instruction for. :lol:

First off I used a filter from a program called Print Shop Photo Workshop (a very basic photo minipulation program) called antique on all the caps (there are 6 caps in all in that wall) so they were all in the same basic color set.

Then I used a program called Printmaster (a graphics program I use for the kids school stuff) to resize the cap I was using for the background to 800x600.

Lastly I used a program called Picture-It Express 2000 (this is the one I have no instructions for - I just happened to find it on the computer :lol:). I bring in all 6 caps with the background one last, tell it I want to add each of the others to it and crop them (usually a circle or oval works best) and use what it calls an edge effect - soft edges (it's by percentages) to make them look a little more like they're part of the background. Then I just sorta play with the size and location until I like it.

This was the first time I'd ever done it with anything other than a black background and caps that weren't either black & white or black & green. You could say it ended up being a successful experiment. :lol:

Susan

I used a program called Picture-It Express 2000

I've never heard of this version of Picture It (it is microsoft picture it, right?). I've got Picture It 99 (from an old computer) and Picture It Premium 10 (that I went out and bought when I got the computer I have now). I wonder if Express 2000 came after Premium 10 or before.

Axels, your Calleigh action wall is beautiful!

blackflag, I really love the Time to Race wall, how you got all the team members on a 'polaroid' of their own. Awesome idea!

MrsDelkoWolfe I love the Poker wall :D

GNRF, thanks for giving us the Vegas action ;) Fabulous shots of Nick and Greg!

My two walls for the challenge: (in the original 1024x768 size)

I used a program called Picture-It Express 2000

I've never heard of this version of Picture It (it is microsoft picture it, right?). I've got Picture It 99 (from an old computer) and Picture It Premium 10 (that I went out and bought when I got the computer I have now). I wonder if Express 2000 came after Premium 10 or before.

Yah it's microsoft's picture it. When we bought the computer (back around 2000) through Dell it was one of the programs that came installed on it. It's Picture-It Express released in year 2000. It's one of those programs where they install just enough to get you really interested in it but you have to buy and download the real thing to get all of it. I just found it a couple of years ago and I'm still figuring out what I can do with it (just figured out last night I could rotate pictures with it!). :lol: It came on a windows '98 computer so it's pretty old at this point.

Susan

Last edited:
Egeria, I love your Nick Man of Action wp. The comic book look of it is awesome. The Greg one is nice too. Do you remember the name of the font you used on the Greg one?

Aw thanks GNRF! :D As soon as I saw the theme I knew I had to do a comic book style wall, I'm just glad it worked! :lol:

The font for the Greg wall is skirules-Sans and the smaller font (the 'with') is The Alchemist.

Aw thanks GNRF! :D As soon as I saw the theme I knew I had to do a comic book style wall, I'm just glad it worked! :lol:

I wish I'd thought of a comic book theme. I could have put all those words from the Batman tv show (with Adam West) on it. "Zap", "Pow", "Bam". :lol:

The font for the Greg wall is skirules-Sans and the smaller font (the 'with') is The Alchemist.

Thanks. I found the first one at dafont. But, as for the second this is all I found and I'm not sure that's the same one. :lol: I'm a fontaholic. :lol:

I wish I'd thought of a comic book theme. I could have put all those words from the Batman tv show (with Adam West) on it. "Zap", "Pow", "Bam". :lol:

If I had had time to make a third wall that's what I was planning on doing! :lol:

Thanks. I found the first one at dafont. But, as for the second this is all I found and I'm not sure that's the same one. :lol: I'm a fontaholic. :lol:

I'm an addict too! I have too many fonts to count and waaaay to many font sites bookmarked!

The Alchemist is the first one on that page.

Back