The Closer

So, the mother declined to answer Brenda's question only becos Brenda's question hurt her as a mother, and it's not the condition that Brenda had no kids...

Understand...Thank you so much~~:)

Well that and because alot of times (trying to recall the ep and not enough coffee at this point for that lol), a parent just likes to know the "How would you feel if it were your kid" and in thinking like that they need to know you have the real feeling (by having kids) and not just a guess if you did.

But i would agree i don't really think it had much to do with Brenda herself, but rather her lack of experience of being a parent. Lets face it while Brenda can be gentle at times, there are others when she is very direct and to a victim or family member of one, she probably gauged time being of the essence first and feelings of the family second.

Which isn't so bad in some respect, i would expect that if it happened to me, i might be angry at some of the questions (as usually those closest are the first suspects unless they know something to void that), but in the end its about trying to get the family just a silver of peace or closure, if its possible to be obtained.

Yeah. Some questions raised by her did sound a little SHARP...She might should be a little gentle, but her directness did do her a favor to solve her cases...And in some situation, it was her directness that broke the suspect's limit and she got the confession...

And agree that every parents wanna their police officers understand their feeling when their kids was in danger or was murdered, as this kind of feeling could stimulate officers to do their own work much better and harder...If officers don't care about their cases, they won't focus on it...Maybe they just fill in the paper, have a look write with "unclosed"...for process...That's terrible...

lantiscod was that ep that you were referring to awhile back about the mother called "Fantasy Date"?

When the daughter of a prominent Congresswoman is raped and murdered in her home, shocking evidence points to the victim's sexual predilections. Brenda and the Priority Murder squad delve into a seedy underworld of S&M and the case takes a surprising turn. As Chief Pope pushes Brenda for a conviction in the high-profile case, she discovers a secret that could make her the next victim.

It had Meredith Baxter in the ep as a i believe congress woman or something like that.

My mom is a really big fan of this but I'm not. I watch it sometimes and it is a good show. Just thought I would mention that but thats all I have to say about this show.

Premieres tonight 9pm est on TNT, and according to the ad its to be commerical free.

ETA: I put in the wrong time earlier, the time listed is the current time. :)

This is such a great show! I finally got to watch S1 through TNT's marathon on Sunday. I just knew it would be good and I wasn't disappointed. I really like Kyra Sedgwick and the rest of the cast is really good to.

I noticed a couple CSI bad guy alums. Raymond Cruz who plays Detective Julio Sanchez was in S3's "Play With Fire" and guest bad guy Tom Irwin (Congressman Hilton) was in S2's "The Finger." :)

Totally agree ;)-good show- and great cast- Kyra is a trip- :eek: she's pretty riveting, and so sharp, and her vibes and perceptions are right on target- and the southern accent- cute- ;)fast paced and good direction- glad they picked it up- with all the re-runs everywhere- good to see something fresh during the summer- ;)

New season is going to be so cool, trying to over come her addiction to sugar, and the rest of the group is like "please eat it for all our sakes" :lol:

Hmm Think we should have a spoiler title put into the first part of this thread?

:lol: :lol: That was so funny when she stood up against the wall and scarfed down that chocolate eclair- good acting- i could almost taste it myself- :p ;)

You beat to this Destiny- ;)bet she's happy and the network as well- picked up their ratings ;)8.3 mill- wow ;)

22891686.jpg

'The Closer' Books Ratings Record "Season premiere sets mark for scripted cable series"

Snip:
The second-season premiere of "The Closer" topped last year's record-setting performance by setting another record. -- The TNT series returned Monday to nearly 8.3 million viewers, the biggest audience of all time for a scripted series on ad-supported cable -- although there were no ads during the show. The premiere ran commercial-free.

Snip:
"The Closer," which stars Golden Globe nominee Kyra Sedgwick as L.A. Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson, is no stranger to big ratings. It was basic cable's highest-rated original series last year, drawing just over 7 million viewers for its premiere and averaging 5.4 million over its 13 episodes.

Destiny said:
Hmm Think we should have a spoiler title put into the first part of this thread?
I could put a "Possible Spoilers" in the title. As the new seasons starting. :)

I don't want to keep sounding like a broken record on this but, desertwind your banner is still too high for the boards requirements, although the width of your banner is fine, your banner is 100 in height and it should be no larger than 75.

The spoiler title might be a good thing, since some may miss it the first time around, (usually it plays twice a night) having it in there during the new season would be cool.

Are we applying the spoiler like all the others, meaning talking about the ep after it airs is cool, but anything giving away (of future eps) should go into the spoiler code?

Re: The Closer *possible spoilers*

Cool, well I've added the spoiler warning to the title. :D

Destiny said:
Are we applying the spoiler like all the others, meaning talking about the ep after it airs is cool, but anything giving away (of future eps) should go into the spoiler code?
Yes, that would be much appreciated. :)

Back